Trying to Fit Yoga In for Tues Dec 26

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Fit Prime G Force Rebounder aerobics with Tracey Long. This is actually a circuit workout with weights, but I skipped the weight segments and did the cardio segments x 2. Weighted gloves are worn to increase intensity. The cardio equaled 50" and then I did the core work from Turbo Jam's Kickin Core 15" (with my med ball instead of the fitness ball), followed by the core work on G Force and stretch. Total workout was 1 hour and 20 minutes and I burned 467 calories. I wanted to fit some yoga in, but had no time, as I have to get ready for that job interview this morning. I will have to try and do some later (maybe).

Karin - I can't believe you gave Imax 3 away. That is my favorite Cathe workout. I love the step patterns in that and the music. I REALLY think you should ask for a rebounder for your gift next time you get a big gift. You'd be able to modify all of that higher impact stuff on the rebounder. I have to do that on Imax 3...but your HR still stays high and it's actually fun doing Tuck Jumps on the rebounder (just have to watch you don't go flying off and bang into the stereo ...speaking from experience). Thanks for the link on the Athletes yoga DVD. I saw it was a Body Wisdom and that kind of turned me off. I have a 3 pack of DVDs by Body Wisdom that I never use. They are not really "flow" yoga but they are just a bunch of segments linked together. I can't really explain it well...but I just don't find them enjoyable. I hope you like it. I ended up ordering Adrienne Reed's Yoga for Athletes cuz you said she wasn't annoying in that one. Speaking of her - I previewed Fat Burner and Flexibility the other night and the longer practices actually look pretty decent. Lots of advanced stuff that I'll never be able to to...but there was some different stretchy stuff. However, I was fast forwarding and when I stopped the DVD to try a pose for a minute, she went "Phewwwwwwwwwww". I don't know why she does that.

Jen - Buff Girl is a 35-40 minute workout that combines Jane Fonda moves, pilates, ballet, and bootcamp calisthenics. Burns fat, tone our butts, thighs abs and arms. (taken from the back of the video)..Be prepared to sweat and smile. Hope you have called ID, cause pretty soon, all the boys will be dialing your Buff Girl number.
This used to be one of my favorite videos. I'd do it plus 20-30 minutes of something else. I haven't done it in ages. I don't know if it would be challenging enough for me any more....but maybe I can do it on a recovery day. I like Ellen and she is so pretty. Sorry you got mad about that Oxygen article. That is my favorite fitness magazine. A comment like that about myself would not make me mad....but then since I am a recovering addict (and have been to He@# and back), I did come from the gutter.....so it would be a true statement !! LOL. I always speak of that era of my life as my "past life" cuz life is sooooo much different today that it was during that period of my life.

Re: Erich - I do have all but 1 or 2 of his DVDs. I haven't really used them too much. I have done Backyard Beginners more than anything else. It is good. I think they are filmed beautifully. Simple but nice. Done in his back yard with bushes, flowers and trees and his cat keeps walking around him as he practices. I'll never forget the first time I put that DVD in. Have you ever seen Erich and what he wears when he does yoga? but he is actually good and I like him, but he dresses funny and he's not exactly shy about his figure! Good for him having all of that self confidence. Wish I had it. He does his yoga in these pants that look similar to large undies!! LOL. I also have Backbends, Lotus Pose and a 75-90 minute live one. His yoga does not have a lot of sun salutations in it. I don't know what the category of yoga that he does is...but it's a bit different. Usually, when I do his DVDs, I do segments of them. Lotus pose is 90 minutes of hip openings, hamstring stretches and prep work for Lotus pose, Backbends is a nice blend of poses (haven't used it yet - it's sort of long) and the Live DVD is a good selection but it's really long and I haven't got around to that one either. The live one is actually just a live class shot in a large room. PRoduction quality is so/so. They are all DVD-R if that matters to you.

Re: your horoscope and intuition - doing Kundalini yoga helps with working on your intuition.

Re: BPAL - Sin and Umbra are nice. Velvet is nice. I actually have a bottle of Hellcat that I'm probably going to sell on Ebay next week. I like it but not enough to make the cut to be in my extensive collection. If I don't love 'em, I sell 'em cuz you can only wear so many of them! The Carnivale update is due to occur any day now. My Paypal account is ready.

Hi Tammy and Charlotte -- and August wherever you are? Did I miss anyone?

Gotta go get my shower and get ready for my job interview.

Have a good day and I'll be around later.

I'm back!

But I'm going out of town again. x( The holiday seasons! Sheesh!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas/Chunukah!

I'll have to catch up big time after I get back.

Until then, know I'm thinking of you and wishing you all well!

And good luck on your interview, Lora!

Hugs!

Miss you all!

I'm using too many of these marks !!!!!!!!!!

:) !

Lora – Good luck at your interview today. Let us know how it goes and how you like it. Yes, I did sell Imax 3, but it just didn’t work for me and I didn’t think it was fun. I will have to give a rebounder a try when I am all healed and when DH and I have a house so that I have somewhere to stash it. Uh oh, I am scared that you ordered Power Yoga for Athletes. I didn’t think that Adrienne was annoying in this one but quite calm. I always get nervous when people get things based on my recommendation. I hope you like it. My parents got me Kickin Core and Total Body Blast from Beachbody for Christmas. I am excited about the Kicin Core. It looks really good. I think that I might try the abs from it some time soon. How cool is it that most of the ab work is done standing? It’s a nice change.

Charlotte – Do you have Yoga X on tap for today?

August – Hi there stranger. Thanks for stopping in to say hi even if it was only briefly. I can’t wait until you are able to join us daily again.

Hello to everyone else too. Is everyone coming down from their sugar high? I am weaning myself off of so much sugar. I did have a tall gingerbread latte from starbucks this morning though, so I am not doing that great, but it is definitely better than this last week.

Tonight is riding on the bike and knee PT exercises. I have to be better about getting in some upper body work, but I just don’t feel like it.

I’ll report back later.

Karin

Hi All!

This morning I did Power Hour. I had wanted to follow it with Shiva Rea's Fluid Power, but I was not prepared for how fast she was going, got discouraged and put it away. I will do some preview of this DVD and break it down into little parts until I learn her yoga style.

Lora: Good luck on the job interview. I feel like I let you down by bailing on Fluid Power:-( .

August: Happy Holidays to you....Hi and Bye!!!

Karin: I definately overdid the sugar indulgence this year....UGH! Ooh, did you say a tall gingerbread latte:9...

Tammy - it does take a few rewinds at first, but once you get the gist of what she's doing, you catch on and you will like it.....thus the learning curve I spoke about. Don't give up ....it's worth it.

I'll be back to tell everyone all about my day. Just walked in the door and have a few things to do. The interview went very well and I have to go back to meet the other attorney I'll be working for (if they hire me), as he's out of town for the holidays .......and since they want me to meet him, I'm thinking I made a good impression.

I'll be back.

ETA: August - if you're still around - I got the thing you sent me ...thanks, but I'm freakin' out cuz I opened the pouch before I read the letter (yes, I always do stuff backwards).....and now I'm worried it will bring me bad luck!!!! what should I do?

Lora: Thanks for the pep talk...I will try it another day. Your interview sounds great, can't wait to read the details.

Okay - you ladies are gonna be sorried you asked! You know...detail oriented Lora here!!

Well, the interview went very well. I first met with the Office Manager for a while and I was nervous and tend to babble a bit (no kidding!!) but I was my normal outgoing, friendly self and didn't keep the conversation strictly business and act like a stick in the mud. I asked LOTS of questions (good ones I thought). She asked me how fast I can type and I said "gee...I didn't do too much typing on my last job (little does she know the narratives I post here LOL), but said last time I was tested for a job, I think it was 75 WPM. So then, she gave me a typing test and I told her that if I was nervous (which I was) that it might be lower. Anyway, I guess she knows I'm honest cuz after my test (which I thought I sucked at cuz I lost my place 3 times), I typed 76 WPM. She liked that. Then she left for a few minutes and when she came back she told me I was going to meet with the one Attorney I'd be working for.

The job is Assistant to 2 of the Attorneys in the 10 Attorney Firm. It's a very large practice in Downtown...nice office. They have they're own parking lot across the street from the building. The Attorney's I'd be working for are the Corporate one and the Real Estate one (good...I can learn stuff for my DH & I for house flipping) and they also have a Bankruptcy attorney in the Firm, Tax Attorney and Estate one. I think that's a good practice to be in. They've been in business since 1917. Sounds like a secure job. Hours are 9-5 with an hour for lunch and when I asked if I could start a bit earlier, she said she's doesn't see why it couldn't be worked out. She did state there was some OT occasionally when meeting deadlines for contract/agreements. The job consists of mostly typing contract/agreements from sloppy handwriting (but I worked for doctors my whole life....LOL - had to understand their foreign accents and read their scribbles). Not being cocky here as I'd need to learn it. I'd also need to learn some Legal jargon and and a lot of other stuff. They seemed to think it wouldn't be a problem for me to work there with my background being medical, as they said a strong Secretarial/Adm Assistant background goes a long way.

All of that being said, I thoroughly enjoyed my conversation with the Senior Attorney I met with. I think he was one of the ones that had been there the longest and knows ALL of the specialties. I got the feeling he really liked me (and the feeling was mutual -- but he's 65...so don't get any strange ideas). However, he wants me to meet the other partner I'd be working for before they decide. They know that I'm supposed to start another job and I'm working under time constraints (need to know by the end of the week...so I can notify the other job if I'm not going to take it).

This job will pay more (not sure how much...as he just asked what salary I was looking at and I told him my last salary and said I'd like it to be comparable). The benefits are comparable to the other job give or take a few things. The main thing I like about this job is that you're only there 8 hours and that means they pay for your hour lunch. The other job - you don't get paid for your lunch - so you're there almost 9 hours a day. I much prefer working 8:30 to 4:30 versus 7:45 to 4:30.

I'm leaning towards liking this job today and if they offer it to me I'm probably going to take it. I am a bit scared because I think the Attorney job will be much more difficult and stressful than the Real Estate but I also think that they generally care about their employees and I get the feeling they treat them with much dignity and respect (something I haven't had for a long time). Whereas the Real Estate job, I didn't get that feeling. I got the feeling it was more every man for himself and that I'd have to deal with all of the Realtors coming in and giving me a hard time. I could be totally wrong though. I would hate to get the Atty job and be working a ton of overtime, since you know how they downplay stuff in an interview.

Here's a few tidbits of info also.....comments that made be think. The Office Manager (on the phone when setting the interview) said to me "oh - I was thinking about taking Dec 26th off, but knowing this place, I won't get out of here". That made me say....hmmmm... but today when I was there - the sly fox I am - made a point of asking the Receptionist how long she's been there and also if she liked it there. I also asked the same thing to the Office Manager. They've both been their 9 and 12 years and the only reason the person that's leaving is leaving is cuz she just moved here in Sept and got the job and her DH can't find work here, so they are moving. That says a lot about a place (IMO).

Are you ladies sorry you asked?? LOL

Phyllis (my old boss) called me as I was walking in the door (we went to the Mall to exchange stuff) and she called to tell me how much she missed me. I told her about the job interview and she was excited for me. I miss her too. I know you ladies probably think I'm nuts.

I just ate pizza again (pineapple though and hardly any cheese on it).....we stopped and got it on the way home from the mall. That exchange stuff is a bunch of BS. They will only give you gift recpts and then you can't find anything for the amount and have to end up spending more in the store. I ended up getting a DKNY Military Style army green fitted jacket to wear with jeans or work pants (regularly $95...on sale for $34) and a DKNY quarter sleeve length Lavender Tee with some Silver and purple design on the front for $24....and my DH pitched in the extra money. Wasn't that nice of him??? I guess he's happy about the prospect of a better paying job on the horizon.

Hiya, had to stop by quickly to tell Lora, of course it won't bring any bad luck (I sent Lora a Japanese thingy that is supposed to bring good luck)! That's just a goofy thing somebody made up. I went deep into the gardens of the shrine way back to where the temple is where all those thingies are blessed and stuff...so ain't nothin gonna take that good luck away from you!

:)

You're going to find a great job that you love full of people that you like working with, Lora!

Hi guys. Great WO's today.
I managed 45 min on the TM just now. Used my IPOD~~ that was nice. I think I have bronchitis or some bronchial infection. My cough came back strong yesterday and today my chest has been on fire. Felt alright till my cool down. Burning again. Oh well. Also had to run holding an icepack since I burned my fingers badly tonight. Completely melted the thing by the time I was done running. LOL. Atleast the body heat was enough to keep the coldness from hurting my hands, since they don't like extreme cold. Guess I am a hurtin unit over here.
DH took us shopping. Chase got a Star Wars ship, but it didn't have the man so he couldn't fly it. We had to go buy Obi Wan Kenobi. So I got a sweet sports bra/top, WO top, WO pants and a nicce shirt.
Well my finger is burning as I type, so off to find more ice.
Good night everyone. Glad you all enjoyed your Holiday.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.