Trying to Fit Yoga In for Tues Dec 19

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

I did Cardio Coach 6 with Sean. It was 60". It was tough but not as tough as I thought it would be. I think in the past, I was taking it to Level 4 when I was supposed to be at Level 3. I used the treadmill for my steady state, warm up and cool down and the eliptical for the hills and intervals. I burned 420 calories. I also did Yoga for Surfers (45"). It was more of a restorative type of yoga.

My DH is not speaking to me now. He doesn't even want to hear anything abot the job. The only discussion he will have with me is about how much money he's going to have to take from my spenidng money and how else we will have to cut our spending. He's also being really mean to me and when I ask if he wants to hear about the job....he just says he doesn't give a $#$! what I do and he says he's going to leave me.

I can't believe how hwe's being at this time in my life. I interviewed with the lady I'd be working for yesterday. The job is an Administrative Assistant in a Real Estate office (Howard Hanna Real Estate). The vacation time, personal days and sick days are offered after 6 months of employment and are comparable to the amount I had at the hospital. The job sounds like it would be okay work. Of course, I'd have to learn some things I've never done before, but the lady (not sure of her title) seemed to like me and we seemed to get along well. She said she can be "difficult" to work with but she didn't seem that way to me (but you know how that goes). I think I have a good chance of getting the job.

The job is $3 less an hour than what I made but she said that I could probably be up to a dollar less an hour than what I made at the hospital in about a year or so because they give annual raises. The Company is a growing and doing very well. They are ranked 5th in the Country. She also knows what I was making at my previous job and she wants someone to take the job and stay (not leave to take a job for more money).

With all of that being said, I really want to get a job before I have to go on unemployment. I'm not sure if want to get back in the medical field or not, but only due to downsizing and I don't want to work in a Doctor's ofice and have to work late hours. This job is in a good neighborhood, but a heavy traffic area and it's about 12 to 15 minute drive from my house (depending on traffic - maybe more). Sorry for rambling again.

Lora,

I'm so sorry to hear all the things that are going on over there with you. I'm sending good vibes to you.

I'll be back later to respond...I'm late to be getting out the door.

Hi to everyone else!

Hi everyone! I am taking the night off from working out. I've been off the forum for awhile, so I'll catch up my WOs. Friday, I was supposed to do MIC, but I don't have that so I did the Cardio Premix from Drill Max (thanks for the suggestion Karin!) and LowMax Premix I-IV. Saturday was supposed to be CTX UB, but I subbed BMax 2 double UB Premix instead. Sunday was Step Fit but I subbed Low Impact Step. Yesterday I did BMax2 everything but the abs. I can't wait until January-I am going to buy a bunch more Cathe's then. Just gotta' get everyone else's presents squared away first.

Lora-Sorry you are going through so much turmoil right now. I hope you & DH can work things out. The real estate interview sounds like it went well and would be interesting work! Hope you get the job-I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Let us know how you like the new workouts-glad you are able to treat yourself during this stressful time.

August-You're back!!!! :) Missed ya' lots! Here's all you need to catch up with me-(what I posted just before you left)- "August-You like the running man?!? You are a crazy chick! I double dare you to post a video of yourself doing that move...or better yet, make it your avatar image!!!! LOL!!!" - So what do you say? :) BTW, How did you like the music in Seasun's DVD? what was it like? I have a couple of hers in my Netflix queue, but after your comments about the choreography I am scared! :( Guess what?! Our company Christmas party was Saturday and I sang karaoke again despite the fact that you would not let me borrow your voice. I sang Nothing Compares 2 U (again) which was better this year because I had more glasses of wine, so I was not shaking and much more relaxed. I sang Alone by Heart with another girl-I won't be doing that one again, way out of my range. And finally, believe it or not, my DH and I got up and sang Dreams by Fleetwood Mac-not a duet, but we worked it anyway. Everyone loved it and people even stood up to slow dance to it.....well, those that were still there at 12:30 a.m. anyway! ;)

Karin-You changed your avatar, you outdoorsy cutie, you! I like it! You are so disciplined about your PT exercises, I bet your doctor is happy to have such a good patient! I hope another 6 weeks gets you the results you are looking for and can avoid the additional surgery. Thanks again for the WO substitution suggestion-I took your advice on the DM Premix but decided against the SJP hi/lo-just couldn't get in the mood-but I think it would have been an excellent combination!

Megadoo-You've been getting in some great WOs lately! I know what you mean about being able to tell whether or not you hydrated enough to get a good WO. Isn't it funny how much more in tune we get w/ our bodies when we WO on a regular basis? That's AWESOME that you could match Cathe's weight on everything in BMax 2. I still have to drop to 10's on the shoulder presses and the bicep curls.

Yve-I like baking, too-mainly for the way it makes the house smell! :9 What are your favorite cookies? Who are you baking for? And speaking of violent movies, I can't watch them or they haunt me for days. DH likes them sometimes, so I usually just walk out of the room (and go switch out the laundry or something) and he calls me when it's over. The funny thing is that sometimes he gets tricked because he thinks the scene is over or not that bad and calls me back-only to get surprised and subsequently fussed out!!!!!

I don't know about you guys, but I am having serious eating challenges right now! I breezed through Halloween with only 1 piece of candy eaten (that's a personal best!) but this past week is another story and there is so much more to come. I can't wait to see the rotation Cathe posts for this January. Whatever it is, surely I will need it.

Tammy-Where are you? We miss you and your smileys!! My smileys won't smile until you come back...see....:(

Julie-Hope you are doing well! We miss all your great Buddha wisdom!

Jen

I just completed DM scrambled cardio premix, plus B&G Bonus Stability abs and stretch, then 10 min of yoga. I was really dripping with sweat. That was a fun cardio. I didn't want to do the whole DM cuz my UB, mostly shoulders were sore from yesterday.
CRAZY day here with all the kids.
I so needed that yoga, Rainbeau's Yoga for Beauty Dusk, bonus WO. I wish I did longer then 10 min, but it is late and I need a shower! It felt awesome though. i hope to do more tomorrow.

Jenn- hey ladie! Glad you are back. Don't stress to much on the eating. Just keep track and you will be back on the bandwagon in no time.

Lora- still thinking about you. Sending good thoughts your way. Hang in there.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Oops, I accidentally posted this in yesterday's thread so I am just copying it.

Lora – I love CC v 6. I just did it for the first time on Friday and I was dying and really ready for it to be over with. I am sorry about the DH problems. Hopefully things start working out for you guys.

August – Welcome back!!

Jen – You are very observant, I did change my avatar. Sounds like you had some great workouts while you were away from the boards. Great job. Thanks for the good knee vibes.

Megadoo – Wow, you are doing a great job with your workouts too. I love the bonus stability ball ab section of B&G. I think that it is my favorite ab section of her newest set of DVDs.

Yve - Hope your vacation is continuing to go well. I can't wait until next week when you can finally relax.

I have been having some eating issues lately. I can’t stop!! What the heck is wrong with me? I had 6 cookies today. Blah! They were really yummy and it wouldn’t be so bad if I didn’t have junk this weekend too. I feel so gross. The holidays need to be over with very soon.

My workout yesterday was revised CC v 2 on the elliptical and today’s workout was icycle 13 (30 min) on the bike plus an additional 15 min. Also, lots of PT exercises both days. I am doing so bad with trying to fit in yoga. It isn’t even on my radar right now. I just don’t even feel like I have any time to get in my other workouts. I am hoping after the new year things change and I have a little bit more free time.

Tomorrow they are calling for a blizzard here in the Denver metro area and are forecasting 2 feet of snow. Ugh! I am taking the bus to work so at least I won’t be driving, but it is going to be a long one. Maybe I will have off work on Thurs!

Hello to Tammy and Julie. How are you ladies doing?

Karin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.