Trying to Fit Yoga In Tues Dec 12

lorajc

Cathlete
This morning I did Cardio Coach 3 on the Treadmill/Elliptical. I did the w/u, c/d and steady state on the treadmill and jumped on the ellipitical for the hills and sprints. This one had lots of sprints. Sprints are not that hard for me.....I have difficulty with those 3 minute intervals! I need to work on that. I burned 388 calories.

I finished off with Namaste Yoga - Head to Knee. Lots of hamstring stretches. Again - I'm not sure about these. I guess they are good if you just want to fit in a bit of yoga everyday and don't have time for an hour class, but I tend to love the way I feel after an hour class. This wasn't a difficult practice either. If they continue to be this easy, I'll use these in the evenings instead of the AM.

I need tips on how not to be overwhelmed. I've got so much that needs done around here. I really don't feel like doing anything today, cuz I have to make up perfume samples, but I need to start going thru my clothes and rest of the junk in the house and trying to clean out. My problem is that I either go thru it and don't throw anything out (I'm a pack rat), or I feel so overwhelmed that I just throw my hands up and avoid it. Any tips?

Karin - I like the Lunar Segment on Yoga Radiance. It's actually the only segment I've really done more than once on that DVD. It's good for a morning stretch routine also.

Meg - That move you're talking about is in P90 Masters and it's also in some of my yoga DVDs.....as I think it is a yoga move. I actually love that move. It feels good to stretch the back while working tha abs like that. In P90 Masters, Tony calls them Abranome's.

Jen - Regarding that Kundalini session, I was getting different sensations. Some of them were physical, from the repetitive arm movements.....it tends to get a little difficult when you keep doing a move for an extended period and you welcome the rest that's coming up. I also get a feeling where it's not really "lightheaded or dizzy" per se, but more of a "elevated" feeling. It's hard to describe. It's probably something similar to an endorphin rush. You're blood is pumping thru you and you feel elevated. Also, during Sat Kriya's, you can actually feel the energy in your body rising up your spine as you continue with it.....it starts at the base as a warmth and keeps rising up your spine and into your arms. I tend to really like that move for that reason.

My pain is actually flaring pretty badly today. Just looked at the calendar and I"m due to start in a few days, so this is common from the hormonal surge....tends to make pain worse.

All of this Gliding has made me break out my old Reebok Slide tape. I'm gonna try to do some Sliding this week for crosstraining. I get bored quickly so I'll probably only do it for short periods, plus I remember the soreness you get from sliding when you first start and you have to start in 10 minute increments.

I'll be back later. Have a great day everyone.

Hi Ladies!

Today was KPC for me...it was nice to revisit an "oldie"!

Lora: Your workouts this week kick a**!!!

Yve: It's a busy time of year, that is for sure.

Jen: The roadtrip was a blast and I can't wait for the next one!

Karin: I couldn't run on my treadmill ("aka" Mr. Dreadmill) without Coach Sean's oh-so-lovely voice urging me on. I *heart* Coach Sean!

Meg: How are things going?

I also did a late morning session -

I ended up doing the Maximum Burn - Fat Burning Winsor workout. I did not use ankle weights for it or dumbbells cuz my abs are really sore from that BArry's Bootcamp ab segment yesterday. Does it every time!! It was a so/so workout. I burned 227 calories in 50 minutes and my HR was in the
high 120's to 130's. I really don't like Mari for some reason.

I'm going to finish up a few things around here and then maybe do some Kundalini before I watch General Hospital.

I had my doctor's appt today and I got my letter from the doctor to be on Medical Leave until the end of the month. I also got a call for an interview from the Real Estate Administrative Assistant postition that I applied for.......but when I phoned her back, I got voice mail.....so it's not set up yet. I'm very nervous. I have very low self esteem and self confidence isn't one of my strong traits!

Okay - didn't feel like doing Kundalini tonight. I'm wondering if my traps are really spasmed today and my pain is flaring cuz of all of those arm movements I did last night. I know there were a couple parts where I felt them burning and couldn't go on and my shoulders ARE very sensitive, as even stretching them too agressively has injured them in the past with yoga. When I first did Erich Schiffman's Backyard Beginners Shoulder Stretch segment where they use the strap and go from the front of the body, up over the head and pulling down behind the body (like a lat pull down), this was WAY too agressive for my shouders and I had severe spasm and pain for 2-3 months after I did that stretch. I hope this doesn't last this long.

I ended up doing another Namaste Segment. I did Earth Segment and it felt good. I really do think I'm going to like these more as evening yoga sessions.........which is fine since they are short.

Hi all! Tonight's WO was Imax 2. I barely made it through due to very, very fatigued legs from yesterday's WO (PLB) which followed Imax 2 from Sunday. There was supposed to be a rest day separating these, but I was not able to take it as scheduled and now I am paying the price! I am not sure I can do the scheduled Boot Camp WO tomorrow-I may have to throw something upper body in for a bit of a break.

Lora-Decluttering is tough stuff but there is something that mentally makes you feel so much better when its done. Honestly, just getting started is half the battle when you have an overwhelming project. The tips I have read about basically fall in to two varieties, either (1) do one small area/task at a time and complete it before moving on or (2) set a timer and commit to working on it for that length of time only and actually quit when it goes off-it helps with the dread factor. You did a great job of describing the sensations from the Kundalini-it sounds so good for you, I just wish it could give you some pain relief, too! Congrats on getting your first interview! I am sure you will do very well!

Tammy-Wow! Look at you all spiffed up for the holidays! I love it! Where did you find all your cute artwork? Is this your favorite holiday?

Karin-Whoa...you are not kiddin' on the PLB "leg fryer" comment. It really sneaked up on me today! I thought I was fine, no real intense DOMS to speak of, but all of the sudden, my quads and hamstrings decided they just didn't want to do straddle taps or plyo jacks.....usually that's just a mental thing with me. }( BTW, your comment yesterday "I am such a fart-around sometimes" cracked me up this morning! :+ :+ :+ (I usually only have time at work to read up on the previous night's posts from after I logged off the night before.) THANKS for the excellent substitution suggestions-I think I will use them-I'll let you know! :)

Megadoo-I still have not done B & G yet and now, like Yve said, you've really got me scared! At least there seems to be a fun factor too, albeit an evil one! }(

Yve-Holy Holidays, Bat Girl! I think you have taken busy to a whole new level. Surely there is some adult version of a girl scout merit badge we could award you for all those activities! I hope a massage or something very relaxing is in your near future! I have never been to a Christmas Party that lasted until 4 a.m. Was this a work party? I am sure you ate clean the whole time! LOL! :) Just like I would have done! LOLouder! :7

Hi to August and Julie-We miss you!

Jen

Jen: I actually don't like the shopping part of Xmas, but I really enjoy all the get togethers with family and friends....bestsmileys.com will get you all decked out for xmas too! Oh...don't be afraid of B&G...I think it is Cathe's best LB workout. Now, don't get me wrong...you will get DOMS....but it is a great workout! I personally like the leg blast premix}( }( }( }( }( :7

Hi ladies,

I did not work out today... I was at the office until 8:30pm and came home and drank a glass of wine instead of working out :eek:

Lora - I really get attached to things also...especially books... I have so much stuff and a real lack of space for it. One thing I did - to allow myself - to feel motivated to let it go was - I donated a bunch to my local hospital. I gave them around 30 books this past summer - I felt better knowing that a) the hospital will make some money selling them and b) that a lonely patient will find a few hours of pleasure reading them. I have also donated to the diabetes society. I was able to give away old clothes and small appliances etc this way. In all honesty - I dont miss them - and feel quite good about it. BTW - which pilates dvds do you have? I love pilates - but like you - not a big fan of Mari Winsor.
My favourite pilates dvds are the Classical Pilates series (mat, and also magic circle).

Tammy - love the holiday/winter wonderland theme of your sig and avitar. Do you decorate to the max at home also?

Jenn - I most certainly did eat clean...in between drinks and hor d'oevres!! It wasn't a work party - some close friends of ours put on a huge Xmas party every year.. It is always well done - and was really nice to catch up with everyone. Your workouts are really tough. Is there a particular goal that you are working towards - or do you always go really hard?

Hi to August, Karin and Maeghan.

Have a nice evening ladies
Yve.

Hi, guys!

I just wanted to drop by to say hello...I'm in town for a night but am out again from tomorrow and won't be back until Monday. I'm sorry, I haven't had a chance to get updated yet but I wanted to tell you that you guys have been on my mind, and so has yoga! :)

Be well and chat with you next week!

:*

So, I went for it. Did Drill Max as produced. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this WO. It is pretty different from her usual stuff. I liked all the moves, and I didn't feel like it was overwhelmingly high impact. There were a few jumps, but not to bad. I like how she incorporated the ball in a lot of moves. I did not go as deep with the Leg portions since I already had some DOMS. Probably be pretty sore tomorrow. And your shoulders definately get worked good from every angle. I matched Cathe's weight on everything. Probably can go heavier on some of teh LB next time. Maybe some UB.

Jen- good for you for getting thru Imax2 after PLB!! That's tough. I think Imax2 is a good leg wo in itself!

Tammy- I've been pretty good. Can't wait to go shopping for the boys. No I haven't done that yet. Got a few things here and there, but DH and I are going out soon to get the rest. Getting excited for the boys.........and OK, myself toO! Love Christmas!

August- we miss ya!

Yvve- enjoy your rest! You worked really late, so you deserve it.

Lora- I started doing some Namaste off Fit TV here and there and enjoyed, right before bed. Hope you feell better.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.