Trying to Fit Yoga in for Thursday Dec 14

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

I'm late getting going here this morning. First off, I slept in until 3:50 am cuz I didn't hear my alarm going off!!! and my DH didn't wake me

Goodness - I'm a nervous wreck. This has been some morning.

I ended up doing Cardio Coach 1 - skipped the stretch and cool down and did a 30 minute Gliding DVD (skipped the w/u). Total aerobic session was about 65 minutes. I burned 427 calories. I then did Rainbeau Mars's Yoga DVD, Pure Sweat.

I'm really starting to enjoy Gliding more and more and I'm even warming up to Mindy. The music sucks on these Gliding DVDs though. I usually listen to my own musice....but I just listened to the DVD today.

I just finished eating and it's getting late cuz I was on the phone all morning. I got a call to call someone about a job in the Hospital. I was on the phone with the Secretary for quite a while and then my husband. I'll go into detail later. I don't actually have the job ....I'll explain later.

Gotta run.

Goodmorning ladies,

I did not work out last night.. I worked late yet again - but the good news is - I am now off until the New Year!

Today I will be running some errands - finishing some Xmas shopping and hopefully tonight I will do some cardio for a change... maybe Rhythmic Step.

Lora - I think its a good thing you got some rest for a change..Your workout sounds great... but could you tell me what gliding involves? I can't even picture what it is.

WRT pilates - I have been attending classes for the last 4 yrs or so. It was pilates that got me back into exercise - I can say that it has helped me alot with my lower back pain - to the point where I can say (knock wood)I don't have low back pain anymore.
My instructor is someone who has all of the accreditation - but teaches as a hobby - has been practicing various forms of body work for over 20 yrs - and very enthusiastic about pilates. He mixes pilates with a practice called Feltengrais (sp?)...which really works on stretching and strengthening the tiny muscles around the joints. We do quite a bit of work on hips and low back - when he is feltengrais mode.

I don't have very many pilates dvds - with the exception of the 20/20 and the original Winsor - I don't think I have seen the ones that you mentioned. Also - I don't think Lotte Berke is pilates.. but could be wrong.. I don't have that dvd. Actually - I have been curious about that set - as I do have a body bar......collecting dust :eek: Do you like Lotte Berke?

The dvds that I would recommend are; The Classical Pilates Technique - matwork - and The Classical Pilates Technique - Magic Circle... there is also one for the Reformer. Perhaps it is the one that you have - "Complete Universal Reformer Series" is this one by Classical Pilates Technique? These are geared towards those teaching...it is very no frills - but I like how it is so precise in its instruction. The dvd is broken down to 3 levels of difficulty.

As well - Stott Pilates has their dvds categorized from 1 thru 5; 1 being the easiest - to 5 the hardest. I have the Strong and Streamlined (level 4) and quite like it.. though I haven't done it in a while. The Stott dvds are very well done.

I have had a few of the 20/20 method, Karen Voight, Winsor Series, and Kathy Smith - but didn't like the way that they instructed..
It is primarily the Classical series and Stott that I turn to if I want to do pilates at home.

I hope everything goes well with the call about the job this morning...

Have a great day everyone... will check in later with my workout.

Yve

Hi Everyone! I took off from working out yesterday since I had the day from he!! and got home from work very late...but not as late as you did Yve! Tonight's WO was Boot Camp. The dread factor was very big on this one-I actually checked the rotation print-out three times-yep..it was still there, on paper, staring at me, no getting around it. I got my period about five minutes before I started the WO. Nice. I did it anyway and it was as tough as I thought. Thank goodness it's only listed in the rotation once! The dietition at work pinched my fat again this month. Here's how it went:

My stats for May 2006 (when we started measuring)

Weight 172.5
Body Fat 28.3%
Tricep Fat 21 mm
Bicep Fat 3 mm
Back Fat 18 mm
Hip Fat 16 mm

My stats for December 2006

Weight 172
Body Fat 21%
Tricep 8 mm
Bicep 2 mm
Back 14 mm
Hip 8 mm

I surpassed the goal she set of 22% body fat, but she figured I would be around 159 lbs by then. Who knows?!?

Lora-Wow! Your workouts continue to amaze! 427 calories burned-you're on fire!! Can't wait to hear the scoop on the hospital job! Have you heard back from the Real Estate place yet?

Megadoo-You go girl on the Drill Max! How sore are you today? BTW, what did you ask Santa for? Are you getting any workout stuff?

Tammy-I like the "atmosphere" of Christmas and enjoy seeing homes-and even department stores-all decked out. I also really like the music. It never fails that some new artist records a Christmas classic in a new way that I fall in love with. I enjoy the family get-togethers, too-especially to see how much the littlest members have grown!

Yve-Yea, you made it to your well-deserved vacation! I am taking this Fri and Mon off for a long weekend. It's also the company Christmas party on Saturday night, so I am looking forward to some very good, unclean eating while sitting at the table with the dietitian. When I began working out, I thought I had a specific goal in mind-lose weight-but it appears my body has other plans, so I guess I need to change that to fat loss and leaning out some more. I am still a size 12/14, but I would like to get to a curvy 10 or something. It's been a couple of months since I have tried on clothes, so it may be happening. I will find out tomorrow when I take my bloated self out shopping to find my party dress!

Hope you all have a great evening! Hi to Karin, August, and Julie! :) :) :) Hope you have been doing well!

Jen

Long day. After work I did BM2 cardio only premix (43min) then the bonus cardio two times (12 min total) then BM2 abs, LIC abs and stretch. I was drenched after, and I thought it was alot of fun. Took me a few times to get that first cardio segment down, but I got it. And I LOVE the snow angels! I can do them!!! YAHOO! They are hard, great burn! Actually surprised myself a bit.
I am hoping to do LIC as produced tomorrow.
Well, I am still coughing and giving myself a headache. But, weird, NO coughing during my WO, till the stretch! Hope I can get to sleep.
It feels llike it has been forever since I did my yoga. I just run out of time in the day!! Not much quiet time during the day witha ll the little ones!!

Jenn- WAY TO GO!! You are doing fantastic! Those measurements are great! I am sure you will reach your goals in no time.
I was pretty sore from B&G, and then DM added to that! So I did BM2 double UB yesterday. That made me a tad sore in the chest, bis, and back. Felt good.
I asked for alot of WO stuff. I will be happy with whatever though> Told DH that Cathe has gift cards!!:p

Lora- can't wait to hear about the hospital job. Good luck!!

Yve- I am so jealous of your vaca!! I hope you enjoy it to the fullest and get in lots of yoga!!

Goodnight
Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.