Trying To Fit Yoga In for Thurs Nov 9

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Amy Bento's Kickbox Extreme - Great NRG Premix - 57". Amy, Amy, Amy.....what am I going to do with you? No breakdowns whatsoever. I had some difficulty following her and part of it may have been because it was a premix and therefore jumped from segment to segment. I'll have to do parts of this the other way and see. Once I get some of the moves down, I know my HR will go higher. I still got a good workout. My HR averaged in the low 150's but for one part that I did catch onto...it rose to almost 160...so I think this will be better once I learn it. Only problem is that I got calluses on my feet this morning. I don't know if it was from the aerobics, but I didn't notice it prior. Great - another old lady problem!! I'm so sick of these little irritating annoyances! All in all, this was fun and I burned 400 calories in about 55 minutes.

Yay - I even fit some yoga in last night. I did Fat Free Yoga - Total Tune Up - Warm Up and Open Up Segment & Burn Baby Burn Segment. I really liked this one....especially the first segment. We did breath of fire while stretching our leg up in the air and some seated twists with breathing. We did some detoxing of our liver - breathing in and out with curled tongue. Moving our arms different ways with breathing and we did more stuff for the liver, pancreas and spleen, as well as the metabolism. I wanted to keep going but ran out of time.

Megadoo - you have my address, correct? I'll have to get your package ready for you.

August - You go try that Christi workout soon please! I'm dying to know if you can follow it! Step Heaven.....segment one is okay....but WHOA for segment 2!!

Willpower & Grace - I have that workout. I did it once and never picked it up again. It was like an ADD workout for me. It didn't really get my HR up enough to consider it cardio....what was it - Yoga, pilates - leg workout - I felt like major ADD girl that day! I guess I should give it another try some day.

Jen - I LOVE Yoga Booty Ballet Live. It is my fun- feel good workout. They are loads of fun (for me at least) and it feels good to move your body and shake your hips like that. I can get my HR up real high or I can do them at lower intensity. It all depends on what you put into it. One of them alone is not enough though. They are short, so I usually rewind the cardio portion and do it twice and then it makes for a perfect 1 hour workout. Hip Hop Abs, Cardio Burlesque & Latin Flavor are my favorites. I like Teigh and Gillian also. I have everything YBB put out from the original series to the Master Series.

Well - I better go get ready for work. Have great days!

Good Morning Ladies!

Today is my rest day, but I think I might still do the Namaste after breakfast. It is only 30 mins. I have to clean today. The sun will be out today. I don't mind the rain once in awhile, but several gray days depresses me.

Charlotte~~

Megadoo - forgot to mention - I conversed with Rainbeau Mars via email the other day. I wanted to know about the music on Dusk. She is very nice. I asked her if she has new stuff coming up soon and she does! I told her I own everything she has on DVD and I love her....and she was very appreciative. I thought her personality was very cool. It makes me like her even more.

Morning, all! Wow, lots to catch up on this morning! I love that! I swear it's almost as good as Christmas morning to see new messages! Will check in this evening!

Happy workouts everyone-and happy day off Charlotte, I am so jealous!

Jen:)

Lora - I've heard about that section in Christi's Heaven being totally hard to do. That's why I'm avoiding it until I become decent at the other ones LOL! Ooooh, I am SO excited for my Kundalini to come!!

Well, WillPower & Grace certainly doesn't feel like an add-on for me. I friggen hate squatting and lunging, and the cardio section is ALL squatting and lunging, and it totally wears me out. I spit on it! LMAO. But it sure gives me some great butt DOMS.

Hi, Charlotte and Jen!

Okay. I'm off to do some Basic Yoga now. :) I hope at least the yoga workouts I ordered in Japan will come soon!

August - I didn't mean Add on workout - I meant Attention Deficit Disorder Workout!! LOL. I kept thinking what the heck is this, is it yoga, is it cardio, is it a leg workout? And what was up with all of the jewelry the instructor had on? I liked her, but who works out dressed like that???

LMAOLMAO!! Well, hey, you're part of the Maniacs group, what's a girl to think?! LMAO!

Okay, I see what you mean! Haha, yeah, you're totally right, it's like yoga? Cardio? Legs? What's goin on?

I kept thinking, "jeez, it must be so hot working out with a ski hat on..."

Lora- yeah, I have your addresss, thanks! That is really cool about Rainbeau. She seems really nice and down to earth. I can't wait to see what she comes out with. Man, you are like the "in chick" with all these instructors. That is cool that they all are willing to talk to you personnally.

Hello to all of you this morning. I didn't get any yoga in yesterday either. I did Imax3. I am sure my body would appreciate some yoga today.

I will bbl.! Have a great day everyone.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hi Ladies,

I am going to be doing my Seane Corn tonight.
Very long and stresful day at work..I am looking forward to some yoga.

Hope everyone had a nice day.
Yve

Hi all! Tonight's workout was Self Slim and Sleek Fast with Ellen Barrett, followed by GS Chest, followed by QuickFix Abs. My head is already spinning over all the DVDs I want to try and now we are talking heart rate monitors, too. I can't keep up with you Joneses! And why am I afraid the only medal it would award me at the end of the week would look like this :p with the tongue sticking out at me!

Megadoo-Didn't I see some kudos for you recently on making your goal weight? CONGRATS!!!! You still seem to be working out every day-do you plan to continue the intensity or can you get by with 3 days a week for maintenance? I imagine that once it becomes a habit to workout just about everyday for so long, going to three days probably would seem weird.

Yve-Thanks for the compliment (funny lady)-I just appreciate that someone gets it! :) As far as Minna Lessig goes, she reminds me of a cheerleader. I think she was a former Ms.Olympia or something like that. I like her pretty well, but she's not too heavy duty. You won't get many form pointers or learn much from her teaching style, but she doesn't annoy me too badly either.

August-Love the Power Bar reference! That's like my video tonight. You have to sit through commercials for Yoga Zone videos, Fruit of the Loom, and the Reebok Vector shoe-and *&^$#, just look at how well they just brainwashed me-I can repeat all the brand names back to you and in the order they appeared! For a great butt workout, I like Trainer's Edge Killer Butt with Delores Munoz. It's all squats and lunges, too. She's got a good teaching style, kind of a quiet confidence about her.

Lora-"Amy, Amy, Amy..." LOL! You sound just like I do talking to the television! Have you done Low Impact Circuit yet? Just wondering how the choreography compares to Body Max 2. I previewed some of it and it looked easier than BMax 2 (I can't abbreviate it BM, I just can't! :eek:)-just trying to figure out which one to attempt first. I totally forgot to mention your offer to everyone on the yoga videos and DVD-I think I am going to rent some Kundalini from Netflix first to see if I like it before considering purchasing anything of that style. I just wanted to say that I thought it was so nice of you to offer it out on the thread first! Thanks for thinking of us! I would love to hear about any positive after-effects of your yoga workouts. I noticed on today's post you mentioned that one of the benefits was metabolism boost. Are you finding this to be true? Are you as hungry after yoga as with a cardio or weight workout?

Also, just wanted to see if anyone has any follow-up suggestions for Cardio & Weights. I am trying to progress with learning Cathe's choreography and saw on most threads it said to follow her basic stuff (Basic Step, Body Fusion, Low Impact Step) with Cardio & Weights. What should I try to tackle after that? (I should mention that I have already learned LowMax, if that was anyone's next suggestion.) And on another note, I think my Avatar image is going to expire soon. I was trying to find a cheap solution, so I have it hosted with pixpond.com, but it only lasts 30 days. I was just happy it was free. I probably can renew it, but are there some other good options out there?

Good evening and take care!

Jen

Hey, Jen,

Oh, is there a Delores Munoz as a bonus on Michael Oladj(I'm spacing on the spelling here)'s Killer Abs and Back workout? I think that might be her, and the bonus is a nice butt one!

Sorry I can't give you anything for Cardio & Weights or avators,...

Jen- Oh no! I am definately keeping up with the intensity and amount of exercising. I actually love the exercising, and I like to push myself to see what I am capable of. THanks, yes I reached my goal weight. I do have some more leaning out to do. It is VERY easy for me to gain weight, so I have to pay attention, but it doesn't "rule" me you know? I have fun!
So on that note, I took a rest day LOL!! I actually took a nap while my boys were sleeping this afternoon. My legs and knees needed it.
Better get to bed. Goodnight.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.