Trying to Fit Yoga in for Thurs May 24

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Yogini's -

This morning I did Cardio Coach #3 - no cooldown - then did Kickmax Leg Drills with stretch. Total workout was around 1 hour and I burned 350 calories at the end of the leg drills....250 at the end of CC. I also did Kristin McGee's Power Yoga. It was challenging after all of the leg work, but I liked it. My legs are fried from Imax 3 Tues, Squeeze on Wed and now leg drills today and tomorrow I'm supposed to do a leg workout.

More on Kristin's yoga - I actually liked this quite a bit. It was a bit tough (more than I wanted today -- but I wanted to try it out). Her weird smiling faces didn't bother me, as I don't look at the TV too much when I'm doing yoga....only occasionally. It had a good variety of poses, mostly standing and balancing postures, sun salutations. The finishing poses were 10 min - but the entire workout was only around 46" ....so it was good. I did add plough, shoulder stand and lying spinal twist at the end though. It's a keeper.

Gotta run.......must do my neck stretches and get ready to go grocery shopping. I also have to find out if my Mom has all of the Home Health Care items she needs for coming home on Friday. She needs all kinds of stuff. She's a bit down today. She doesn't think she's ever going to feel better. Poor Mom.

Have a great day everyone. I'll be around later.

Hi flexible ladies! This morning, I did the 48 minute premix on Amy Bento's Hi-Lo Extreme but I doubled a couple of the cardio bursts & ended up working out for around 55 minutes. When I was finished, I felt like I had gotten in a great cardio workout. My upper body is a little sore from my workout yesterday but not as much as I would have liked. I have weeks where I really don't get sore, no matter what I do, & then other weeks, even a minor workout will leave me with major DOMS. Does that happen with you too?

Lora - Great workout again & nice review of Kristen McGee's Power Yoga too. Sounds like a good one. I reviewed the links you posted yesterday & found them very interesting. In fact, it seems like I have seen oils similar to these someplace... but I can't remember where. I do remember that I found one particular scent truly intoxicating & I almost purchased it but my DH doesn't like perfumes or any kind of scented products like that at all so I didn't buy it. I still sort of wish I had, though... just for me. You know? But I also don't want to offend his sense of smell so I guess it would be money wasted for me. So I guess I'll pass on any purchases like this, at least for now. Thanks for the information, though! Good luck getting everything ready for your mom to come home & I hope her spirits improve too. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for her but I'm sure she will feel better soon.

Jen - Great workout yesterday! Wow, great job with your grocery shopping too. We don't have Whole Foods around here, although I wish we did. If I buy organic, I have to buy the super expensive stuff at our regular grocery store. Sometimes it goes on sale, though, so I always keep my eye out for it. What kind of dogs do you have? I'm sure they're spoiled rotten like my boy Skippy. Your DH sounds like mine regarding exercise too. Mine will get into exercise for awhile & then stop. I just don't think he gets the rush from it that I do. I also love 80's music & 70's too... & all others that I listed. My DH is more into the really heavy stuff & although I like some heavier music, I don't care much for the stuff where you can't understand what they're singing (or shoud I say grunting? LOL!).

Well, I won't be fitting in any yoga during lunch today because I'm wearing a skirt & I didn't bring a full change of clothes with me. Oh well. Maybe I'll go out for sushi instead!:9

Hope everyone has a great day. I'll check back in later to see what's going on.

Just checking in a minute while I eat my salad. Diane Sue got me started on these Southwest Salads from McDonalds. They are good.

Kel - too bad your DH doesn't like scents. Have fun eating Sushi!

Jen - meant to mention that Buckcherry is a blues-based rock band. They sort of sound similar to The Stones or Aerosmith (if that helps). I sent your package today.

I'm going to finish eating and then I have to go to my Mom's Occupational Therapy treatment today, as they want her to practice getting in the car.

Hi again!

Gosh Lora, that salad sounds good! I never think of McDonalds for something healthy. I'll have to try one sometime. The sushi was good & hit the spot. Hope everything goes well with your mom today.

Just wanted to add that Buckcherry sort of reminds me of old AC/DC when their music was much more blues-based than metal. That's what they have always reminded me of & I think they're great. Do they have more than one album out?

I'm feeling tense today. I sure hope I can fit in some yoga tonight or tomorrow!

Have a great afternoon!

Kel - funny you should mention AC/DC, as their influences are The Stones, Vintage Aerosmith (circa Rocks era), and AC/DC!! Yes, they have 2 other albums out, Time Bomb and the original one entitled "Buckcherry" with their other hit song "Lit Up"......the one that goes "I love the Cocaine....I love the Cocaine........well, I'm all Lit Up again......etc". The lineup with their current album, Fifteen has a new bass player, drummer and rhythm guitarist and they really fit with the band well and made it a fine tuned machine! I listen to the older stuff all of the time too though. Hope you can fit some yoga in later. I'm always tense!! Thus the reason I love yoga.

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was Ripped Triceps twice through followed by abs. Then it was on to Low Impact Step for cardio. I love that one! Especially combo # 2.

Lora-You are fast! Thanks for sending that out already. I will get in gear on my end and get to the post office this weekend. That's too bad about your mom's mood today. I am sure she will be up and down for awhile. I hope they release her tomorrow so she doesn't have to check herself out or walk out. Nice job on the toasty legs! I have leg day on Saturday and I am dreading it already. The rotation calls for as many Ripped segments of legs as you can take. Literally. My rest day probably should come after that instead of before, but the next day is chest, so I think I'll be okay. I'll put the cardio off if I have to. :) I like Aerosmith, but I am not a big Stones fan. I actually don't think I've ever heard anything by AC/DC. RE: BPALs-if most of the limited editions are like the one I have (Glitter) I can see why you like them so much. I tend to gravitate toward that one versus my other general catalog scents. My DH keeps mentioning the Snake Oil soap-and asking me when we are getting some. Guess I better get on that!

Kel-I am also a fan of the BPAL oils and so is my DH. Wow! Your workouts are intense! Even though yoga is relaxing I couldn't imagine adding it to what you do on a daily basis-don't know how Lora does it either for that matter. You gals are very inspiring! I forgot to tell you that when you do the Ripped workouts, if you are used to lifting heavy like Cathe's weight, you will need to go much heavier than what Jari demonstrates. I usually follow whatever the guy is lifting and sometimes more. I don't say that to mean I am ultra fit.....they are just very weight conservative in her videos-probably to make sure they demonstrate everything with proper form. If you don't go heavier (and you have the ability), you may not feel like the workouts push you very hard, especially the original Ripped. If I go heavy enough on the original (even heavier than the guy), I get the shakes...it is not easy. I think you'll like Jari's compound weight work. I usually don't like compound work because it feels a little awkward, but on her workouts, she puts exercises together that seem to make more sense.

Jen

Kel-Forgot to answer your question about my dogs. I have two Bassett Hounds (girls, named Gabbie and Gracie) and a Beagle/Chow/something mix (boy, named Lenny, because he is wild and crazy like Lenny Kravitz). The girls were my mom's dogs that we took in when she passed away. (She actually had 3 dogs-her older one stayed with my aunt-she really wanted to keep him.) The boy was a stray we took in. They make the house complete chaos but I couldn't imagine being without them.

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.