Trying to Fit Yoga In for Thurs May 10

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Cardio Coach 4 on the TM, Elliptical and Bike followed by Tae Bo Amped Super Charged Fat Burner (only banged my leg twice with the bar). Cardio was 1 hour 20 minutes and I burned 509 calories. I then did Lotte Berk Blast from Muscle Eats Fat - thigh burner!!! I also did Ravi & Ana's Yoga Bliss Hips Quick Hips premix.

Brookie is totally back to normal now. I thought she was yesterday, but she apparently wasn't 100% until today. She's been knocking all kinds of stuff over all morning. She's a busy body! She did yoga with me again! I'll miss our daily morning yoga sessions when I go back to work.

Since Toasty's not starting the Bull rotation -- I think I'm going to put it off for a couple weeks and concentrate on circuits (and maybe a few other new workouts) for a couple weeks since I need to lose my vacation poundage. I have to look thru my circuits later. I'm a bit sore from this week's weights (as I was last week also). I rarely get sore...so I'm happy about that. I've also decided to start adding in some Pilates....but need to figure out where to fit it in.

Jen - I looked for the thread you were talking about on calorie burns but couldn't find it. If you can point it out to me?? I posted on Hardcore that my Xflowsion should be here Friday!! So sorry to hear about your chances of getting pregnant. I hope you continue to explore alternative options (even though it's not an easy thing to deal with). I really don't know what to say. I'm speechless. So sorry for you.

Yve - you must really be concentrating on the house hunting!! Guess you took my advice to heart! Please stop in and say hi when you can.

Have a great day. I have to do my neck stretches and then it's Grocery Shopping.

Hi ladies!

This morning, I did a new DVD I purchased recently - Christi Taylor's Totally Hot Cardio. It's not Cathe but I love floor aerobics & since she doesn't really have many besides kickboxing, I wanted to find some new ones that were still sort of advanced. I really liked this one, although I didn't feel as worked out as I usually do with Cathe, partly because I didn't know the workout well enough to put my all into it yet. I was still soaked when I got finished & I had a lot of fun doing it so I'm glad I got it & I will definitely do it more. Still no yoga. Ended up with no time for it last night & had plans for lunch today. I definitely plan to start next week during my lunch hour for sure. I wonder if I can play DVDs on my computer?

Lora - I haven't done any Tae Bo in awhile but I always enjoyed it when I did. Maybe I should pull some of those out & give them a try again. I also love Lotte Berke & pilates, just as I do yoga (when I can find the time to do them). How cute that your kitty does yoga with you! I don't think I could do yoga with my dog around. He'd be all over me, trying to get attention the whole time. LOL! Thanks for responding about the Hardcore check-in. I think I will pop in over there sometime soon. Oh, about the calorie burn thread. I don't know how to post a link but it's under Open Discussion with a title of "Intensity Results are In" & the author is LauraMax. I hope that helps. I also found the results interesting...

Jen - Hmmm... my favorite cardio DVDs. That's sort of tough since I'm not a big fan of cardio anyway. Of course, Cathe has helped with that & I'm glad! I was really hooked on the 42 min. Cardio Fusion premix for awhile but I don't do it as often as I used to. It's still a favorite whenever I do though. I tend to like cardio workouts that are either really difficult & make me feel like I've worked hard (since it's not my favorite activity, I feel more rewarded if I work really hard) or one that simply leaves me feeling happy & good. Like you, I never used to like step very much until I found Cathe. So for other instructors or less intense workouts that just make me feel good, I really enjoyed the Christi Taylor one I did today & I will definitely do it a lot more. It had some really fun music ("Jeremiah was a bullfrog" & "I don't wanna work" come to mind) & that really added to the fun factor for me. I really liked Amy Bento Hi/Lo Xtreme & although I've only done a premix, I can definitely see myself pulling that one out a lot more in the future too. Fun moves, fun music, etc. Like I said above, I used to do Tae Bo a lot & enjoyed it but I haven't pulled those out in awhile. For some reason, I really haven't been as into kickboxing as I used to be (even though I still do my Cathes every other week or so). Others that I used to enjoy but haven't pulled out much since I discovered Cathe are Patrick Goudeau's ABC & Tamilee Cardio Blast. ABC really had that fun-factor for me, even though I know it wouldn't work me out like Cathe does now. Like I said, I'm just not a big fan of cardio & that's why I limit it to only 2 straight cardio days a week. It seems to work with the selection I currently have & I don't get too bored with them, although I'm sure I will at some point. So what are some of your faves? I'm always looking for good cardio ideas too. Hey, Jen, I know you didn't post anything in the yoga check-in thread but I also wanted to add that I'm really sorry for the difficult information you received about your conception chances. I'm so sorry about this & I'll be thinking about you & your DH.

Well, I guess I wrote a book on here today! Goodness! So I think I'll give somebody else a chance & check back in later.

Kel

Oh geez........I thought Jen posted about that on this thread. The Ladies at Hardcore probably think I'm heartless....as I didn't mention it over there.

Kel - I hate to sound like I'm preaching and maybe I'm saying this cuz I'm trying to convince myself also....but cardio shouldn't always be "balls to the wall" (excuse my French) ala Cathe intensity. I used to do this all of the time, but the more and more I read about cardio, the more I see the need to vary your heartrate, etc. I'm a bit obssessed with heartrates, etc....and I have a book coming from Amazon, but I ordered someething that was a preorder with it, so it's held up. If you love "difficult" cardio, I'd like to suggest Cardio Coach. They are wonderful to "push it". They are tough and really as tough as you make them cuz you're in charge of how hard you work. There are different levels Coach Sean tells you to be in (and a heartrate chart on the website) but ultimately, you work out at your level.....and since you're a Catheite....I'm sure your tough! I've done them on everything from the treadmill, ellipitcal, bike and even used my Rebounder with my Transfirmer and High STep for the intervals. I used to be a real cardio junkie, but the older I get, the more I don't look forward to it. It's much easier for me to get into lifting weights and yoga, however, once that endorphin rush starts coming well into the cardio........I'm happy. All of that being said about cardio and intensity, I ALWAYS modify up when doing other instructors......maybe except for Amy Bento. I swear Amy's crazier than Cathe with cardio. She's the freakin' Energizer Bunny for REAL!!

Oh, and if I only did 2 cardio days a week, I'd weigh 200 pounds! LOL.

Hey Lora. Thanks for the reply. I didn't really realize that I should mix up the intensity of my cardio but I guess since I do straight cardio only 2 days a week, I feel the need to push it as much as possible. You know? I've read a lot about Cardio Coach on this forum but I'm not sure how much I would like it. We have a treadmill at home (DH actually got it to walk in the evenings when he was trying to get into shape but now it just sits there, folded up - LOL) but I don't use it much as there isn't that "fun factor" for me in just walking/jogging on the treadmill. What is the Cardio Coach like exactly? How is it used? Do I get on the treadmill & then do what he says on the CD? You've really got my curiosity piqued now, especially since you said that you use it with your step. I totally agree with you about Amy. Although I liked the Hi/Lo Xtreme, I found a couple of the moves almost dangerous. But yes, her intensity is UP THERE for sure! Oh yeah, even though I only do straight cardio 2x/week, I usually do 2 other days of circuit workouts so I still get more cardio with those too. Unless I'm doing the PUB/PLB rotation where I only get one circuit workout in. So I guess I'm always getting at least 3 days of cardio & 4 days when I'm doing my "regular" rotation. I have also found that I need to modify up with most other instructors too & even then I still don't always feel like I've worked hard enough. Cathe has ruined us - LOL! In a good way...

Kel

Kel - You can either wear a CD carrying belt with a portable CD player and headphones for Cardio Coach (they are audio's) or just play a CD player close to the area the treadmill is. I do both. I NEVER NEVER EVER thought I'd like Cardio Coach since ....it's audio and my elipitical and bike have no appeal to me whatsoever (normally).....and usually I'd rather go have my teeth drilled on than do 45 minutes on the Elipitical.......but Cardio Coach has changed that! You can just buy one and try it (I think they have a money back guarantee). I don't like the one coach, Candace -- so I sent a version back once. They took it back and refunded me with no questions. I LOVE Sean. He is so motivating!!!! I also never thought I'd like them cuz I like rock music and the music is not what I normally listen to.....but they motivate you to work so hard that the time goes by sort of fast. He instructs you to warm up and then comes back on and leads you thru several challenges....i.e. 1 minute sprints, 2 minute sprints, 3 minute sprints, 40 second sprints and different combo's of all of those. The versions get harder as the number's increase.....meaning Vol, 1,2 and 3 and the easiest .....4, 5, 6 are particularly challenging....in both length and duration and intensity of the challenges.

Here's the website www.Cardiocoach.com

I don't have an MP3 player, but if you do, you can just order the MP3 download and it's 5 bucks cheaper. I always order the CD version.

You can actually do CC with anything..... I like the variety of using my rebounder and high step, transfirmer. Whenever I have the living room set up with all of that equipment, my DH can't help but climbing on everything and imitating me (cuz it's really a different workout). I do the steady state cardio on the rebounder and then when the challenges come, I either run up and down the Transfirmer step or jump off and on the high step to shoot my HR up.....or I do flying jacks, flying tucks, etc on the rebounder.

If you have a treadmill, you HAVE to get one!!! They are perfect for run/walking on the treadmill.

Wow! Lots of talk on this board today! I like it! :) Glad I didn't pop in from work, I probably would have stayed too long! Thanks to both of you for your kind comments regarding my disappointing news yesterday. There was no particular reason why I posted it over at Hardcores vs. here except that I try have a little variety to my posts so I am not always saying the same thing in both places. Sometimes there is just no way I can be "original" with each post because I run out of time every night. Particularly since it has mostly been Lora and I posting lately..I was just trying to not bore you to tears or complain in too many places if you know what I mean. Anyway, after that long explanation, just wanted you both to know that it really helps me to know that you are out there and *listening*-just feels good to put things and there and be heard sometimes. There is not an easy answer. DH & I will probably do much soul-searching over the next few months to figure out how much farther we want to take this.

OK, down to the WO of the evening. It was Karen Voight's Streamline Fitness followed by Crunch Fat Burning Pilates to bring the cardio to 50 minutes. I was expecting both of these to be a complete breeze....HA! Not so fast! In the same vein as what you ladies have been discussing today, these were lower intensity and I would swear that after the plyo and the like I have done this week, these felt harder than ever. Also, it seemed to get into the smaller muscle groups. I could easily do these workouts before, but since I haven't touched them in months and after all the increased strength training, these workouts seemed very difficult....it made them a new challenge even though they are lower intensity.

Lora-Kel gave a good description of the "results" thread...did you finally have the chance to look at it today? Just wondering what your results are like with the same workouts. I have also thought about doing circuits from time to time, but the workouts themselves kind of confuse me. I never know how many to put in one week. If you plan to focus on circuits, how many times a week will you be doing them? I still have the Lotte Berk's in my Netflix, but they just started carrying some of Janice Saffell's kickboxing DVDs so in my quest for more cardio, I moved those to the top of the list.

Kel-Thanks for the help with the description of the results thread-I didn't think about adding those details to my post. I certainly understand your feeling like you really want to be worked out with your cardio. Sometimes if the sweat is not pouring off me I tend to think the WO was lame or something. I do think Lora has a good point about varying the intensity. I am trying to work on that myself.

Have a great night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.