Trying to Fit Yoga In for Thurs Jan 4

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning my yoga ladies -

This morning I did about 20-25 minutes of Champion Rebounding - Kickboxing segment (love this) about 35-40 minutes of Rebecca Small's Step 2 Success. I did the segments I know (pretty much) and added some impact to it with hopping, etc. I did the stretch from Seasun's The Next Step. Total workout was 55 minutes and I burned 375 calories. I used a new combo as a cooldown since I was learning it. I always am so stumped first run thru and then it gets easier the second run thru.....can't believe I'm doing this complex of step. I still have to leave the turns out for a while and add them in later, but I added a couple turns to segments I knew better this morning. I just realized the title of this sounds good for my new job.

Sorry I haven't been on. I"m still not really used to getting ready for work in the AM and I'm always running late. Last night, I sat down at the computer around 7:30 to post and I wrapped a blanket around me, as I was freezing, and the next thing I knew it, I woke up at 8:30. I went out to watch GH and saw about 5-10 minutes of it and then woke up and it was 10. So I went to bed. Then I had the weirdest dream last night with Anthony Kiedis (Red Hot Chili Peppers) and Josh Todd (Buckcherry)........bizzarre....I know. Must be the job stress making me dream weird.

I hope I can learn this job. It's really different than anything I've done and there's lots of new technology I need to learn for my job. Yesterday, the Clerk tried to show me how to scan a document and make it a PDF file, but she kept screwing up, so my notes aren't very good. They started giving me work yesterday (little bit of typing). I'm still not answering phones. I'm still trying to find where files go -- sounds easy......but it's not!!! I'm so slow at it and my pile is huge cuz Jay cleaned his office out.

I've never worked in such a nice place before (at least since I've been clean). Most of the people are very pleasant. There are SO Many Attorneys. I guess there's 10 Partners and then there's a bunch of Associates and Paralegals, as well as Administrative Assistants and Clerks.

Not really liking working Downtown yet, but I only know of one place for food right now. I'm too nervous to venture out yet and it's been freezing outside. The building I work in is freezing and I can't stay warm. It's been wreaking havoc on my pain in my shoulders, back, neck, head, etc. The stress has made my pain a lot worse also. My traps are like cement.

Well enough of my complaining and babbling. Now y'all know why I haven't posted. Didn't think you'd want to hear it.

Have great workouts. I'll try to peek in from work.......but it's pretty busy there.

Thanks for all of the support ladies.

Jen - Yes, that Gurumukh is something. She was who got me interested in Kundalini. You really should find her book, The Eight Human Talents. It's an EXCELLENT read. Did you see the Valentine's Day Inquisition over at the Trading Post - Beth's Fiance's link off of the main BPAL site. It's the Agony & Ecstasy Inquisition and it's under the drop down menu for Clothes -- can't remember if it says apparell or what. You get either a Agony or Ecstasy tee shirt and a BPAL oil (Limited Editions are listed) for $45. The inquisitions are fun. I love them. Did you see the Hunger Moon update also? Did you buy anyting? The one Shapeshifter scent under the Limiteds that's up with the Lunar oil sounds amazing. Can't think of the name right now.

Speaking of shopping. I got my Wen Hair care. My hair's silky smooth. I think you would only like this stuff if you have colored or heat damaged hair (like myself). I put the Fig Oil in my hair overnight and then used the Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner with my styling cream.

I also ordered the new Tae Bo Series. Ampliefied...or something like that. Sounds a little more advanced than the past stuff....let's hope so. Also, the new CIA's go on presale next week, so I'm hoping to have money to get those (yikes.....I'm broke!!). Oh, and I got my Adrienne Reed Power Yoga for Athletes last night....but haven't done it yet. Maybe this weekend??

Gonna do Yoga X today. Got my candles ready and a fan in my room. No distractions. My biceps are pretty sore from yesterdays workout so I hope I can do all the vinyasa's fine. Tomorrow is legs. I am gonna do some extra bonus work for those..squats, leg extensions, etc.

Lora,

Gonna take some time for you to settle in. Taking me some time too with my FIL. Last night I felt panic set in as I think he could be with us longer...possibly into Spring. I don't get to talk out loud to myself anymore or hop around the house and sing out loud. I do all those crazy fun things when I am by myself. Looks like we are both adjusting and just trying to survive. Things will get better for you and FIL will have his own place before too long.

Charlotte~~

I completed my UB WO. Did LIC UB sculpt premix, BM2 UB (did not do double), BM2 double abs, then stretch. I matched Cathe's weight on everything. I think I am going to try 8s instead of 5s for some of the tricep work next time, maybe. Feel good and tight! I wanted to do yoga, but amybe tonight when i have time after work.

Char- done your yoga yet??? How many times did FIL interrupt?:p

Lora- hope you get some real good yoga intonight and don't fall asleep until you hit corpse pose (at the END of the WO)!!!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Meg,

No interruptions today. I had a nice yoga x workout. I posted the pictures so don't laugh. I am no expert. Just do my best and forget the rest, right?

Nice workout yourself. You know how to burn it, Rogue.

Charlotte~~

Hi all! Tonight's WO was Self Bikini Ready Fast followed by Crunch Super Slimdown Yoga/Pilates Blend. Both WOs felt really good and I am really enjoying this recovery week. It was really hard to stay at 3 lbs for handweights, but I keep reminding myself that there will be PLENTY of time to push VERY HARD on the next rotation.

Lora-Oh my Goodness..that is something about your sleeping fits! Can you really fall asleep sitting in a chair? Nice dream though....:)! Sounds like the job is nice. You'll get the hang of it and I have the feeling you will really like it there. I think you will like the challenge and you also are getting such great work experience! I think I will look into the Gurmukh book-maybe even get it this weekend while I am out and about. I tried to get on the BPAL site when you first mentioned it, but I couldn't get on....too busy, maybe? I will try again tonight, but I have probably missed everything by now. Glad you like your new hair products. My hair is fine-textured, so would that stuff weigh it down too much? Neat about the Tae Bo. Can't wait to hear what you think about it. I used to like it, but working the sides unevenly about drove me crazy so I don't like it anymore. I would give it another chance if the new series is good.

Char-You're doing great w/ the yoga! And candles, too...setting the mood...that's almost bona fide studio style!! :) Glad things arent' as tense w/ the FIL as you thought. I will be sending good thoughts for a speedy transition to his own place!

Megadoo-Nice WO! Wow, you're going for 8s on the triceps! You're getting so strong! Are the boys still enjoying their Christmas toys or is everything in pieces already?-LOl! :)

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.