Trying to Fit Yoga in for Thurs Jan 18

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Tracey Staehle's High Intensity Step Mix for 52 minutes. I burned 350 calories. Had a hard time getting my HR up....until the end when I skipped a step portion and did 2 intervals back to back. Will definitely do this the next time I do the DVD to get my HR higher.

I'm very depressed to the point I don't want to get out of bed or work out. I'm extremely stressed at my new job and I don't think I'm going to be happy there. I haven't worked this hard for a while. I'm always having to stay over and ask other secretaries to help with my work cuz there is too much to get done. Jay makes me so nervous I could puke on him and I'm a bumbling idiot around him. They both seem to not be too happy with me and believe me, the feeling is mutual. I can't take this crap at my age. Life sucks!

Have great workouts. sorry for the negative rant but I'm so upset and have to let it out as I sit here crying and ruining my eye makeup.

Welcome to the new person........sorry can't remember your name from when I read the post. I'm a bit stressed out lately (as you can see). I won't discontinue the thread as of yet.....and maybe we'll get some newcomers soon. Sometimes I just feel like I'm posting to outer space.

Jen - Of course, we'd love to have you at the Hardcore thread. We're not really HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS ....but we just named the thread that cuz we started out doing the Hardcore rotation together.....and I guess some of us are a bit maniacal and some of us (like me) are just plain crazy and some are hardcore fitness maniacs ........so I guess we have variety. I haven't felt hardcore at anything lately except screwing up!!! I love Snake Oil too. Check out the Carnivale Diabolique Series, as Beth introduced a whole line of Snake Oil Variations in the Snake Pit......there's one with Cinnamon, Cassia and Cardamom that I KNOW I'll love.....as I love cinnamon and I've smelled Beth's private Snake Oil/Cinnamon variation in the past and have loved it.

Have a great day.......gotta go get ready for work. (gag me please!!!)

((((LORA))))...I hope things look up for you soon. I think it is time to look for a new job. Life is too short to hate your job and have all that stress.

No yoga for me lately, it looks like I'm a weekend yoga person. So, the next scheduled yoga session will probably Saturday.

Hello to all...have a great day!

No yoga for me until the weekend either. HOwever, I did order a new DVD from Amazon.....Yoga for Stress Relief!! how appropo!

Meg or Jen - I have a 7 VHS taped set of the Hollywood Trainer series with Jeanette Jenkins. I think there is still a website if you want to check it out.....www.theHollywoodtrainer.com. Would either of you want this set on VHS, as I'm ordering the new re-release on DVD. I haven't used it for a long time but I used to really like it pre-Cathe days......let me know. I'd want some money for postage ....but I have no idea how much it costs to ship 7 tapes via mail. let me know.

Lora, that looks alright. I'd be interested. So you have the ab one and the lower body blast one too? It looks good. How is the intensity of the cardio ones?
I hope you start to feel better, but I agree that maybe you should keep your eye open for another job. Good luck.

Tammy- morning. I have been such a slacker this week. I didn't work out at all yesterday. I should have done yoga. i was too busy.

Well, the plan is cardio, for goodness sake. I am going to start my rotation next week since this week has been so messed up. And I have my niece today and she really is a handful, so not sure how I will get it in. I have to work tonight and really don't want to have wo after. i know I will be tired since I had a hard time falling asleep last night.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hi ladies! Hope computer is still down, so I'll try to catch up on personals at lunch today or right before I leave for the day. Last night I worked out on my own and did Tae Bo Foundation/Energy followed by 30 minutes of a DVD called Soul Sweat-sort of a tribal dance aerobics thing. It has great music, but even that could not make up for the dorky feeling I had doing these moves-I am just not a dancer. It's a cute WO though. I'll post a link later.

Quick hugs to ((Lora))-Sorry for all you are going through.

I'll be more detailed later-Have a great day and great WOs!

Jen

Hi girls! Thanks for the welcome & invite to join the maniacs. I sure admire the hard work they do & I know my mindset is that of a maniac so maybe I'll pop over sometime. But for now, I fit in with the healthy hedonists & I really need to do yoga so I'm checking in here too.

Lora, I am SO sorry about what you're going through at work. That's just awful & I hope things improve for you soon. Maybe that new DVD will help. I have it & it's very good. It also has a guided meditation section so maybe that will help too. Great workout this morning & I hope we hear back from you today.

Tammy, Hi! I hope you fit your yoga in this weekend!

Meg, Thanks again for the warm welcome yesterday & I hope you find time to workout while watching your neice. How old is she?

Charlotte, Hi! I really admire you maniacs! Have fun with Yoga X. I'm not interested in the whole series but I wish I could buy some individual workouts, like Yoga X.

Jen, Sounds like you had a fun workout last night!

This morning, I did Cardio Fusion 41 1/2 minute premix. I'm still sore from Muscle Endurance yesterday so I wanted a short, intense cardio workout & it was perfect. I'm supposed to attend a yoga class with a friend tonight but I don't want to go back out. So I invited her to come over & do a DVD at my house & have a salad (& maybe a glass of wine). Haven't heard from her yet but I hope it works out. I love yoga but it's hard to do with my regular workouts & DH feels neglected if I do anything in the evenings or on the weekends. Oh well!

Wishing everyone a great Friday Eve & I'll check back later.

Take care!
Kel

OK, it's lunchtime so I am back for personals...

Lora-((hugs again)) So sorry to hear about this job stress. You really have been hanging in there all this time. No wonder your posts have been shorter these days. I am sick over this for you-I know this job is not working out as you hoped. What are your thoughts-are you going to give it more time? I hope this is not causing more tension w/ you and your DH.

Kel-Welcome!!! :) :) :) Good timing! Sorry I did not get to give you a proper "hello" yet with all my computer issues. Congrats on the DOMS from ME-love that WO! Good job coming back after your injury-you sound strong and determined! Enjoy your yoga, salad, & wine evening-sounds heavenly!

Megadoo-ooooh, you're going to do Deb's Endurance Rotation? That's one of my favories and gives good results!!! :) So you'll be walking two days and then following it or are you doing walkiing and the planned WO for the day? Sounds like you've got quite a day ahead! Sending some energy your way.............:)

Char-Love the new avatar! You're so good about keeping up with it! I need to go avatar shopping for a new look! Enjoy Yoga X!

Tammy-Went back to the instant oatmeal this week-was too lazy to cook the steel cut but guess what....I missed those steel cut oats! I can't believe I am truly a steel-cut convert!

I will try to peek in again later! I will be doing weights tonight, as DH wants to WO with me and that's all he will do. (except some yoga sometimes.) I had to laugh at him the other night, cause the "Cathe guilt" got to him...he kept saying he was mad at her for telling him to just eeek out one more rep, when he couldn't do it! :)

Jen

Jen: I bought some of the McCann's instant steel cut oats this weekend. The sugar content is kind of high, but it will be a splurge now and again. BTW...they were delish!

FINALLY I got a decent WO in. I started with Supersets UB and abs, then did DM cardio, right into PUB abs and stretch. I also threw in some extra LB stretches. I plan on doing cardio and LB tomorrow, and a walk with my friend in the AM.

Kel- my niece is 9 months, and no time to do much of anything when she is here LOL!!! She keeps me busy. Love her!

Jen- I plan on doing the walk with my friend in the AM's and then still do my planned WO. A little extra couldn't hurt LOL!!! i just enjoy the companionship when I walk with her and the kids love it.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.