Trying To Fit Yoga In for Thurs Jan 10

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Kenpo X+. I repeated a little bit to make it just a tad longer. If I would have got up earlier, I'd have gone longer....but I slept in a bit. I worked hard thru the cardio breaks to keep my HR up and had a halfway decent workout....but not WAY intense. Workout was 53" and I burned 518 calories. I also did Sattva Fitness Yoga 30".

My pain is flaring today. Not sure how long I'm going to last with all of these pushups and pullups. I'll give my body a couple of weeks to adjust, but if I don't I'm going to have to try and figure something else out. I don't know which moves are doing it but my traps are severely spasmed and I have my spasm that runs from the base of my skull on the right and goes all the way down my right trap into the back and all the way into my sciatica. I go for my neck/back appt today....but all they will do for me is refill my meds.......and not help me any other way.

I just got this yoga DVD from Fitness Organica's sale and it's pretty good. I'll use it a lot cuz it's short. I also got another one that looks pretty good and a special price on a 1/2 stretch DVD for $2!!

Re: work.....the one girl training me sort of lost in on me yesterday. She said I'm not listening to her cuz I ask her stuff she already told me. I guess I really do have my short-term memory loss affecting me on my job. I told her that I'm having a hard time understanding and I started grabbing a paper to write stuff down when she tells me what to do. Still....no reason to lose it on me and act like an idiot. Later, I heard her on the phone saying she was sick and then on another personal call about someone going to court and Al-Anon..etc ...so I think she's got issues. She told me she has a lot going on her personal life right now. I don't know what's up with that.....but please keep it out of the office..............I have enough of my OWN problems dealing with life daily!! Ya know?? Vent over.

Carrie - I don't know if I have a "favorite" P90 Masters. I like them all for different reasons. They are good when used in a rotation together. The total body one might be my favorite cuz it packs a lot in 45" and I usually get sore from it and it has some unique moves in it. I tend to enjoy the cardio also....as it's kickbox oriented with athletic moves/plyos etc and it's easy to listen to your own music when doing them cuz the moves are easy enough. That's the way I do most Beachbody products.

Have a great day ladie s---I've got to get ready for my doctor appt and then I've got to grocery shop and I'm going to do my normal Saturday chores today so I have Saturday to myself somewhat.

Good morning everyone -

This morning, I did the 4DS HIS plus Chest & Back... tomorrow will be a nice long yoga practice so I'll be sure to report what I end up doing. One thing is for sure... I'm really looking forward to it!

I'm feeling a bit better today. I don't know if it has to do with this forum & the wonderful, kind words everyone has had for me or the fact that it's almost Friday but I'm just glad to be in a better mood.

Lora - Kenpo X+ sounds like a good workout & that yoga routine sounds great too. I already feel like I need to get some new yoga workouts but I'm still enjoying PYFH & Yoga Shakti so I guess I can wait a bit for some new ones. Sorry your pain in flaring & I hope it gets better soon... I'm also sorry about that situation at work & I can't believe she would treat you like that. It seems very unprofessional to me & I think it's her problem, not yours. So I hope you can keep your chin up & I hope the situation improves for you there.

Carrie - Thanks for your kind words about my job situation. I'm still not pleased about it but I'm also hoping that things will improve in time. We just moved in this week so I'm going to try & keep my head up & hope that the situation will improve soon. I'm looking forward to your fabulous workout report later.

Jill - Have you done anymore yoga routines with your DD? One of my close friends has a DD who will be 5 in March & she'd really like to get her involved in yoga too. Any advice for a child that age? Is she too young or are there just some adjustments that will make it more "fun"?

Yve - Hope you & the little one are doing well & I hope you have a chance to visit later.

Jen - Hope you're feeling better & find time to visit later too.

Well, I better get to work for now. I hope everyone has a great day. I'll be sure to peek back in later to see what else is going on.

Take care!

Good morning ladies,

Today I went out for an early morning walk - 45 minutes - and I will do my Shiva Rea prenatal yoga later this evening. DH will be working late and so will have some time on my own.

Lora - I am sorry that you aren't feeling well. The pain you describe sounds excruciating. I hope that your head/neck doctor is able to offer some advice for relief - aside from the meds.
Do you think that lying on your foam roller might help relax those muscles?
That is too bad that your co-worker went off like that on you. I really have a hard time respecting people in the work environment that do that - But very open-minded and compassionate of you to be understanding of her issues. I think it is very prudent that you writing down what she is saying. At least then - you can refer back to your notes when you are on your own. Also - I am not sure if you saw that I responded the other night to your question re Eion Finn's book. (Well - he is a contributor - but not the sole author)..Still - he is in there with some high profile authors - Deepak Chopra - Wayne Dyer... I think that says a lot for his reputation. I posted a link to his site where it is previewed.

Kel - So glad that you are feeling better about things at work. I really hate moving - especially in situations when there are lots of files - and paperwork. Hang in there - and soon things will be more organized. Baby is great - we are feeling movement every day now... It appears that he likes music - as he tends to kick quite a bit if I play music for an extended period. We are 28 weeks this week.. with just 10-12 to go.

Carrie - Hope you enjoyed your rest day yesterday. Happy workouts today.

Jill - It is amazing that your daughter is into yoga at such a young age. Such a wonderful thing for her to grow up with.

Jen - Hope you are doing better - and your flu is on it's way out. Hope your DH is feeling better also.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Yve

Hi

Today's workout was KenpoX. This turned out really well, and some pretty good calorie burn. Last week I totally skipped this workout, so maybe that helped? Work out was 67 minutes, I burned 369 calories. I was going to add in ab ripper, but then I ate lunch, and I didn't want to do it on a full tummy.

Lora-that sucks that your co-worker unloaded on you. Sorry. Sounds like she has a whole lot on her plate, and she just took it out on your. I think I actually have 2 p90 masters workouts. I got them on a bonus DVD with my p90x. They are UML, and then the other one--I think is called Intervals. It looked like plyo, but more modified. Do you like UML? I just previewed it--sort of like Core Synergistics, which is my least fav p90x.

Yve--I don't mean to pry-are you expecting a little baby soon? Congratulations! I have a 9mth old ( in my avatar) Will this be your first? So cool! Great job keeping up with your workouts. Are you working now?

Kel-hope the office calms down a bit. Did you move to a bigger office? Don't mean to pry.

Have a great day ladies!

Hi Carrie,

Yes - I am expecting. This is our first. Your little guy is a cutie - and you look great. Did you workout throughout your pg?

Yes - I do work. I work for a large communications company in Toronto - but do so out of a home office.. So thankfully - I don't have to commute while pg. It was an hour each way for me before making the transition to telecommuting.

Do you work?

Yve - I can hardly believe you're that far along... how exciting! It seems like you just told us the news. Yes, it has been stressful around here & everyone is experiencing high levels of tension. I just hope it will subside a bit once everyone gets more settled in. I think tomorrow's yoga session will really help me a lot.

Carrie - I work at the corporate office of a large brick manufacturing company & they built a new office building but we moved before everything was complete so I think that's adding to the stress level, in addition to some things just not being the way some of us need them to be. Like I said, I'm hoping everything will get sorted out once the building is actually finished & we're able to ask for some necessary modifications that will better suit our needs. By the way, your 9 month old is a real cutie!

Well, it's about time to leave & I'm so glad tomorrow's Friday. I hope everyone has a great evening & I'll "see" you again tomorrow!

Yve-I worked out during my pregnancy, but not at all like I am now, and what I did before. I walked on the treadmill at work for 20 mins 5 days a week, and that was it. No weights, nothing else. I gained around 35-40lbs. I should post some pics. Anyways, I lost it all, and then some after I had Ryan. I am now skinnier than ever. I am really excited for you!

Good evening ladies! No yoga for me today, or a workout, either...but I think I got my workout in at my internship today. I start my regular internship at an environmental learning center on Tuesday but today I got to do some lab work involved with it. I prepared 25 soil samples for analysis by putting them through a sieve. Sounds easy, right? Only about 5 or 6 samples were easy, the rest was comprised of big clumps of soil that I actually had to hammer down into smaller pieces. The thing is, they consist of a lot of clay and so it was like hammering cement. I was up and down, up and down, squatting down to hammer the soil on a bag on the floor, then stand up to put it in the sieve and see if I got enough for the sample, over and over again....whoo, I am totally beat and my back hurts now (my knees finally stopped hurting). I could seriously use some yoga tonight but I'm just too pooped!

Lora, I am sorry to hear about the pain you're in, I really hope you feel better soon. Is there someone else you might be able to see that can do something for the pain other than medication?

Kel, DD and I haven't done any more yoga routines in the last couple of days (since Candlelight Yoga) but we decided that we're going to something tomorrow night. She's just starting to do it and I think that once we get into some sort of habit where it is part of her bedtime routine with both of us doing it together, she'll really like it and feel better when she does it. When she was about 4, I got her one of the Gaiam children's yoga videos and she liked it, but only did it every now and then. I also got her Babar's Yoga for Elephants book, which came with a poster. I put the poster up on her wall and occasionally she would do some of the poses on the poster. Other than that, she didn't show too much of an interest at that age, just periodic interest.

I will be getting my tuition refund check soon and after paying some bills, I will have a little 'me' money left to spend and I am going to buy a couple of new yoga DVDs! I'll be sure to let you all know what I get. As for Fit TV, I WISH I had it! I don't even know if Dish Network carries it, but if they do, it's at a level that we're not willing to pay right now. I looked up Namaste Yoga on the link that was given, I just wish that it had a little clip of some of the videos so I could see it before deciding to buy. I have a friend who has that channel, maybe she'd record one for me to see.

Well, it's almost my bedtime...have a good night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.