Trying To Fit Yoga In for Thurs Aug 30

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

Woke up with my legs feeling a bit fried and not motivated to do my Spinning.
Whoa.......guess I didn't pick the best workout to do with the way I was feeling. I just found something that is really difficult for me.....Spinning Strength work. I did Spinning - Pedal Power. This was a longggggggg hill climb. You pretty much cranked the resistance and never really let up on it and did standing climbs and seated climbs. I couldn't stand for the entire interval - partially due to pressure on my foot, but also cuz it was too hard and I had to lower the resistance a couple of times, but when we did HR checks, my HR was in the zone he said....so I guess I did it right. I don't ever want to see the cover of this DVD again, let alone do it. At one point, I went upstairs to reload my water and my legs were quivering. All of that being said, I know that when something is this hard for you, you need to do it. The truth hurts! Workout was 60" cuz I extended the end and added on some steady state. I burned 380 calories and then my HR monitor died. The button has been sticking and I think it finally bit the dust. Not good, as I have no money.

Kel - how's the itching?

Jen - What's up? Still going crazy at work? Lenny still on the upswing? So- you're celebrating your anniversary this weekend? What will you do? Yes, I have that Self Leg DVD, but I haven't done in yet. I like Violet Zaki though. Doing these Jillian circuits, my legs are getting worked 4 times a week.....so I won't be doing it for a while. I love leg work about as much as you do! What BPAL oil does your DH like? I can't remember. I was reading the "Will Call" thread on the BPAL Forum. It's where all of the peeps that went to the Open House (which they call Will Call) on the Full Moon and they got to sniff all of the new stuff. Reading it is just making my list grow....cuz you always find out stuff you thought was gonna by yucky....actually smells really good. They also have pictures of the Lab Staff and everyone that attended. It's a fun thread.

Have a great day ladies.

ETA: Forgot to mention that our house deal didn't go thru yet. The people placed the bid contigent on a home inspection and this inspector inspected it like it's supposed to be a freakin' new house ....so we had to lower our price to accommodate all of the stuff they want fixed (which was stupid) and we haven't heard back.......not sure if they'll accept now.

Also, re: the new house -- My DH wants me to go down there today or tomorrow to see about which carpet needs replaced, wallpaper torn down...etc. so I should get a better idea of the house then. Then I get to pick colours, etc.....but I have to stay in the neutral family cuz that's what sells....so it won't be THAT much fun. Also, I don't get to pick "top of the line" stuff cuz it's not for our house....but it will still be fun. I like doing that stuff. My DH has been climbing in and out of the window to get in and out. He's having a locksmith meet him there today or tomorrow. We're almost positive the people are out, as he's been over there every day and they haven't been around.

Hi ladies!

I don't have much time to chat this morning & have a very busy day ahead so I'm not sure how much time I'll have to "play" at all today. Of course, I also don't have any workouts to report, unless you consider doctoring poison ivy a workout - LOL. I really can't even do pilates or yoga because I don't want to get this mess all over my mats. Oh well, I'll get back at it next week... no biggie! This morning, I am attending a special dedication ceremony for one of the projects I worked on & then I need to visit another jobsite before finally heading back into the office... & into the air conditioning. With my luck, it will probably rain since I have to be out & about. Better dig my umbrella out... if I even have one with me.

Lora - Another GREAT workout, as usual. I'm jealous since I'm taking a forced rest week - LOL! Have fun working on the house too! Sounds like your mom is still having a rough time but I'm really glad that you can be there for her during this difficult time. Oh, I'm also curious how you sell your oils. Do you use Ebay?

Jen - I was wondering what you & your DH have planned for your anniversary too. Did you say this is 10 years or am I dreaming that? Anyway, I hope you fit your workout in today & I hope you have a great time celebrating this weekend too!

Well, better go for now. I'll try to pop back in later if my schedule permits. Later, ladies!

Hi ladies! No WO for me last night. Lenny is back to being sluggish again. When I got home, he wouldn't take his treat. He drank 2 big bowls full of water and then promptly threw up 3 times in various places around the house. He started shaking and wouldn't leave my side. I called the emergency vet place and they said to just watch him overnight, since he was due for his next round of chemo today anyway. I was able to get him to eat his dinner, which he thankfully kept down, but he was still a little sluggish again this morning. I am glad he is going to the doctor today. My DH did not get home until around 11:00 p.m. and I had already fallen asleep waiting for him. What an anniversary!

My Netflix DVD came in last night, but it was not the one I was expecting, so I am not that excited about it. It is a 10 min solution abs one. I thought I would preview it last night and found out that abs workouts are pretty boring to preview-that's what put me to sleep in the first place! My extra weight for my barbell came yesterday. I just HAD TO try it out, so right before bed I loaded it up to 60 lbs. I was laughing because I could barely get it over my head, which actually made the situation quite dangerous! LOL! Oh well, it is definitely something to work up to from 40 lbs. I just wanted to know what the full 60 lbs would feel like. Forgot to mention, my DH made a nice comment about my rear end-which he rarely does-so now I am wondering if I should keep it up with the Bar Method Designer Sculpting. Could it be so good that you see a difference in one workout?

I am not sure what we will be doing this weekend, but I am sure we will be eating good (or is it bad?)! We basically just said we would go somewhere nice to eat...no need for any more than that.

Lora-Yeah, I can see how neutrals would be no fun, but you're right about them being a selling point. Shopping for the house does seem like it would be fun overall. That is frustrating about the first house and it being compared to a new house, resulting in a lowering of the price. Gosh, you are working legs 4 times a week-if that doesn't do it nothing will. Is that the way it is every week of the rotation or is each week focused on something different?

Kel-Wow...a dedication ceremony for a project you worked on? That sounds major...do tell us more. Was it for a public building like a library or something? Are you speaking at the ceremony or being recognized? That must feel really good, especially since you seem to like your job very much. My DH & I have been together a total of 11 years-we dated for 4 and have been married for 7 so you weren't too far off.

Gotta go-lunch is over! I should BBL to report my WO. Don't be shocked if it's Bar Method-LOL! :+

[font color=darkkhaki size=+2]*Jen*[/font]

[font color=darkorange size=+3]Atlanta Cathe Fan[/font]

Jen - I definitely think the Bar Method can make a difference in your rear end. Stick with it. That type of training works well for me, but I'm unable to do it now with my foot cuz I'm not allowed to go on my toes. Jillian's circuits are frontside/backside. You work chest, abs, shoulders and triceps, as well as quads on one day and back, biceps, abs, and hamstrings on the other day.....however, it's a bit difficult to really separate legs to quads or hams ....since most exercises work both....but just put more emphasis on a certain part...i.e. hack squats on the ball, etc. Working your body this way is very taxing....I'm finding out! It makes me famished too. I'm back to being starving after dinner and needing to eat and apple and some high fiber/high protein Kashi at night. Sorry Lenny is not doing well. Hopefully his chemo will help.

Those people turned our house deal down. Now we're in a bit of a predicatment with 2 house payments and needing money for the new house, etc. I think we might have to ask my Mom to help us until we get this all straightened out. My DH is so upset. I am also, actually.

Kel - I sell my oils on Ebay, BPAL's forum at BPAL.org on the Sale Thread and another site called Sin & Salvation which is linked directly off of the main Black Phoenix Site and is affiliated with Live Journal. You actually post your sales in your Live Journal and then link your journal to your post in Sin & Salvation. Businss is real slow right now cuz the Halloween update went live and everyone is buying the new stuff! Are you asking cuz you're interested in purchasing something or are you just curious? If you'd like to see the for sale list, I can paste it here.....just let me know. You can check notes and reviews on BPAL.org. It's quite a fun hobby!!! I'm wearing Milk Moon right now cuz the full moon was just the other day....so I wear my Lunar blends for around 5-6 days during the full moon. The lunars are some of my favorites. Red Moon was a couple months ago and I think it's one of my favorite all time BPAL's. It's so sexy and warm and slightly sweet....very unique.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.