Trying to Fit Yoga in for Sunday Sept 2

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies-

This morning I did my Jillian Backside book circuit. I used my bands doubled up and did the Terry Curls from the Door Attachment one arm at a time and used double bands for lat pulls (this works well). This circuit had a lot of different moves in it. I used the Rebounder for the cardio segments. I added ankle weights and dumbbells for my last couple sets of bicycles and added 8 pounds on my back for plank holds...but only made it 30 seconds with the weight and did the last 30 without the weight. I added on Kung Fu Kickboxing Kicker segment. Workout was around 1 hour 20 something minutes and I burned 499 calories.

I also did Hemelaya Behl's Yoga for Urban Living - Daily Connection 60". This is a very different practice and moves a bit slow for me...but different is good.
Jen - how did Lenny do last night? I've been thinking about you. Little Brookie (well, she's not so little any more...she has the longest legs!) was all wound up during my workout and she was sitting on the arm of the chair boxing back at me when I did the Kickbox segment. She's a trip. Then after I got done, I went and gathered up all of her mice and toys from under the fridge and stove, etc. and she was running around like a little maniac and then she started doing that panting thing. She always scares me when she does this cuz I've never seen a cat do this before. I wonder if she has a breathing disorder? It happens in a very short period of time too. Anyway, I hope better times are ahead for you and your babies. I hope your enjoying your time off of work in spite of all that's going on in your life.

RE: the job market here.....it must be bad ...or else I'm being age discriminated cuz last time I signed up with a Temp Agency...I got a job in a week or so (both times). I've heard nothing from them either. Also, whenever I apply at places I'm not experienced in...like the grocery store, etc...I never get called! I hope Walgreen's calls soon!

Hi ladies! What a rough night/morning again! I got up about 6 times last night with Lenny...no vomiting this time just...well...the other end. I feel really out of it when my sleep is interrupted. We didn't get to go move my office like we thought this morning. DH got up around seven as I was coming to bed, so I got to sleep a little more...ended up sleeping until 9:30. Lenny goes back to the vet on either Tue or Wed, so we will be anxious to hear what goes on from here. We expect more of the same at this point, but hopefully with lower doses of medicine so that the "happy" dog shows through again. He is eating, but real sluggish today...not surprising since he didn't sleep much last night either. Just gave him another Pepto Bismal dose and in about an hour we are going to try to leave to get my office done.

Lora-That's a good amount of weight (8 lbs) on those plank holds. Thirty seconds is a L_O_N_G time with that kind of weight. I have not worked up to any weights on that exercise yet, but I came close to being there when I was exercising more regularly. That is so funny about Brookie's boxing. The image of that cracks me up. I have seen cats do that in various e-mail videos of cats playing that I have seen, but I would still like to see one do that live! That is interesting about her panting. I have never seen a cat do that. Do any of your other cats do that? If she pants on exertion but then it goes away I would not think it was a breathing disorder but you never know. Have you mentioned it to the vet?

Gotta run! Will BBL.

Jen - so sorry you had a bad night. I don't know what to say. My heart goes out to you. No--I've never seen a cat pant and I've had my own cats for 20 years and grew up with cats. That's why it scares me. No - I never mentioned it to the Vet cuz she hasn't been in to see him since her declaw surgery and I'm not sure I'd seen her do it yet.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.