Trying to Fit Yoga in For Sunday Nov 19

lorajc

Cathlete
Hi Ladies -

This morning I did Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Extreme "Good NRG" premix 50". I then did Yoga Shakti Dancing Warrior 3, Standing Pose Flow, Backbend Prep, Lunge Prep, Supine Poses, Forward Bends & Twists, Inversions and Shavasana (about 60").

I had a hard time with keeping my intensity high during the aerobics. I guess I really should stick with my rest day on Saturdays....as last week I was able to push my HR much higher during this workout.

I enjoyed the Yoga Shakti. For some reason my lower back will never feel comfortable in corpse pose during Shavasan after doing inversions. I don't know why this is. I'm hoping that this isn't a reason to stop doing the inversions. I know, technically with my disc problems, I probably shouldn't be doing them (I'm not really allowed to do shoulderstands also - but I sort of modify them a bit).

I want to try to fit some Kundalini in later, but this has been a very busy weekend. I dont' know if I'll be able to.

Megadoo - Your package went out a couple of days ago so you should be receiving it soon. I sure hope it makes it there in 1 piece. The envelope was awfully fully stuffed! Yikes. Yes, I rec'd the check yesterday. Thanks again.

August - Did you try any more Rainbeau's??? Pure Sweat is a good one (if I remember correctly).

I'm off to soak my weary shoulders in the tub. My trap spasms are still present, as well as tons of other spasms in my neck, shoulders and back. Isn't it fun living and working out with an injury?? NO....it's not!

Have a great day everyone.

Lora- Thank YOU!! Can't wait to get them. Does help you to do the corpse pose with pillows under your knees? If that makes sense. I know once in awhile it hurts to lay totally flat, so I elevate my knees slightly and it works. Don't know why it bothers me, just does once in a while.

August- I saw the previews for Rainbeaus 4 pack on my Dusk DVD. They look great, especially with the ocean in the background. I hope to get them too.

Not sure what I will be doing today, other then groceries. I want to do a full body weight WO, and YOGA, but we will see as the day goes on. I would love to go out shopping by myself too.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Lora - You mean when you are in corpse pose, you feel lower back discomfort? That's no good. In my Basics one, I think they recommend putting a cushion under the knees. Do you think that might help, what with your disc problem? I did Rainbeau's Pure Tranquility again this late afternoon and it was very easygoing and nice. I know my friend is going to love this! I'm going to try out the other Rainbeau ones after my friend tries them (I left them with him, but took PT to try out).

Oh! I just read Megadoo's response, and she is mentioning the pillow thing.

Megadoo - Yeah, the great thing about the Rainbeau ones are that they are short so if you feel like doing just a short practice, you can do one in its entirety, and you don't feel any time pressure.

Okay you guys. I need your advice. I just now finished doing Rodney Yee's Power Yoga. Wow. It's waaaaay more intense than the other ones I've been doing. About 22 minutes in, with all the repetitions, I was ready to call it quits, and searched around to see if I could find the cool down,..but it wasn't chaptered, so I thought...ack, what the heck...and was able to get it to the 24 minute mark. Anyway, I began again. I suddenly started feeling wonderful. Rodney started taking us into some seated stretches and it was great..........then, I started to become aware of a twinge in my neck. The stretches were intense but gentle, and I had no problem doing them, and I finished, feeling wonderful.

However now I have a fairly bad kink in my neck, and it actually hurts to look over to the right!! Wait, it actually hurts to turn my head in any direction!

What should I do?!?!?! :eek: x( :eek: x( :eek:

I'm thinking (hoping ;) ) this could be a good thing - like I worked something up and out...or is this a bad thing and I'm going to wake up and not be able to stand up correctly?!

h-e-l-p

August- it sounds like you strained your neck a tad. I did this a few weeks ago when I did coremax 1 and 2 together. I got fatigued and sloppy. I would suggest icing it for about 20 min, and then trying heat later. That is what I do and it really helps. And of course motrin if you wake up sore. Hopefully it is nothing, but that is what I did. Good luck!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

I don't have ice. I'll have to cool it with frozen barley. LMAO. I'm not kidding.

I'll do that right now. Thanks. :)

Oh! A miracle! I do have an ice thing from the grocery store who wrapped up my frozen chicken with it.

I put it directly on the part that hurts?

LOL, sorry for such a doofus question but I've never iced anything before.

Well, there we go. I iced it. This little ice pack came in handy!

Thanks again for the advice. I'm off to bed now!

Goodmorning ladies,

Hope everyone is well.

I did my ashtanga class yesterday - and it was lovely. My instructor - Martha - did something different at the end of class yesterday. She said we would pay tribute to the chakras - so we put our hands together, and one by one we pointed to each of the chakras - and breathed in the colour of that chakra - For example - when pointing to the 7th - we breathed in red; then we pointed to the next one and breathed in orange; then to the next and breathed in yellow..all the way to the crown where we breathed in indigo.

Today - I had every intention of going to pilates class - but I slept in! Anyhow - I will go downstairs and choose a workout - I need to have some coffee before deciding which one!

Lora - just wondering if you saw my response to you re Seane Corn on Monday. I'm sorry you are experiencing such pain. I have shoulder injury that acts up now and again (usually when I am most busy) - and can relate to trying to function with pain.

What style of yoga is the Rainbeau Mars?

August - the shoulder injury that I described above - leads me to the condition that you are describing with your neck. It is terrible. Applying heat and a massage will alleviate the pain somewhat - But what I find MOST helpful when that happens to me is a session with a trigenics practicioner. My pilates instructor practices. It is a deep manipulation of the muscles - It doesn't feel like a massage - but rather he with his fingers he presses deep into the muscle - finding the knots - releasing them - and as he is releasing them - he manipulates the limbs in such a way so that it completely loosens up. When that happens to my neck - the knots usually stem from beneath my shoulder blades. I can't do the practice justice with my description. All I can say - is that when this happened to me in the summer - I had two massages that only helped slightly - 15 minutes of trigenics - and by afternoon I had loosened up and the knots released.

Meaghan - Happy shopping.

Hello to Jen and Julie if checking in later today.

Yve

For some reason I'm up at 6am.

The Rodney Yee one I did last night is called Rodney Yee's This is Inter/Ad You Lame Over-Enthusiastic Beginner Here's A Power Pain In Your Neck Yoga.

:)

Heheh, no, it's called Rodney Yee Power Yoga Total Body.

Thanks, Yve, for the info on the trigenics practicioner. I live in Tokyo and had a hard time asking around for barley...I can only imagine what blank looks I'd get asking about a trigenics practicioner! LOL.

I've still got the kink in my neck. I'm not sure if it was what woke me up,...or if it was hunger. Probably a combination.

Yeowch. Can I still do a circuit workout today?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.