Trying to Fit Yoga In for Sunday May 11

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning - If anyone's around today

This morning I did Cardio Coach 4 - first 2 challenges on the Treadmill 2nd incline and then Challenge 3 on the Ellipitical. Then I put my weighted vest on with 8 pounds and put the incline at the highest and repeated challenge 1 with just a light jog and fast power walking and then cooled down. Cardio was 60 minutes and I burned 556 calories. I also did Spinervals Yoga for Runners & Swimmers 30".

I've had a migraine for 2 days now. Wish it would go away. Have a full day planned. Going to see What Happens in Vegas and then to visit my nephew (husband's side) who just had open heart surgery for a defect. He's in his 20's.

I did my part to get the economy going yesterday. I had to buy glasses and contacts.......cost $456 and then we went to get my platinum anniversary band sized and we ended up finding one we liked better (that was quite a bit more).

I'm trying to get myself psyched up for a book rotation. I'm gonna start reading Red Carpet Ready and Warped Speed Fat Loss and see which one I want to do first. Warped is in my computer though and it's too long to print.

One last thing, I'm really having trouble with weight gain and my diet. I think to be totally honest .....I"m letting my disease of addiction and my depression take over and I'm overeating here and there. I've been unhappy about my job situation and I think my disease is really manifesting itself in food. I know what I have to do to work on myself.....as it's a daily struggle....but I might be asking for some help and support here with my diet (probably thru PM though....since it's so personal and I'm ashamed). I thought maybe if I mentioned it here, it would help me get honest and real with myself and start doing something about it.

Have great workouts or rest days everyone. Happy Mother's Day to the Mom's.

Hi ladies! Yesterday's WO was Ellen Barrett's Zen Sculpt (taped off of FitTV). This is a nice, light weight workout with some pilates. You actually do the weight work barefoot and it is very similar in nature to her Crunch Pilates sculpt-type workouts. Exercise really seems to be getting harder, but I am determined to keep it up, even if I have to modify the heck out of it. They say it helps maintain your blood pressure and helps the body better adapt to the stress of the extra weight you will be carrying. I started out with 3 lbs for the workout, but actually had to switch to 2 lbs in some places. I also felt like I was going to be really sick in the toughest parts, but got through the workout and felt better for it. For Mother's Day, my DH bought me an Energy Muse necklace called "Divine Creation" and he bought me a prenatal/postnatal yoga video featuring Anna Gettys. I thought it was a very sweet gift! We were supposed to go out to my cousin's today for lunch, but I started feeling pretty bad last night and have not been feeling so great today, so I wanted to be at home where I was comfortable.

Lora-So what does the new band look like? Wow! I can't believe you did all that work with the Cardio Coach workout-I have heard those are hard in and of themselves. How was the movie? I bet that one is pretty lighthearted and breezy. You'll have to let me know if it's as funny as the previews make it out to be. That is really sad news about your nephew, but it sounds like he has pulled through okay so far. How much longer does he have in the Hospital? I am sure he will enjoy having your company today. I know what you mean about the eating issues-we all have them in one way or another. I tend to eat really well during the week and then blow it on the weekends. Are you sure you are eating enough though? You exercise at a really intense level and probably just need to eat more of the good stuff to help keep you satisfied. The job situation really can have an impact, too-I also tend to overeat with the more job stress I have. It will be a challenge to conquer the food part while there is so much stress in your everyday life. It can be done, but I think the key is when you know your circumstances won't change (or people won't change) you have to adjust your thinking about them or the situation-you have to be the one to change. I have realized this about work, but haven't been able to put it in to practice yet.

Have a great day everyone! Happy Mother's Day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.