Trying to Fit Yoga in for Sunday Jan 7

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

his morning I did Gliding Pro's Hi/Lo & Strength Intervals with Marcus Prolo (35") and then I did Aerobic Showdown DVD Steve Schimer's segment and added a Latin segment by Robert Steinbacher to the end as a long cooldown. I then did Seasun's Abs/Core work from The Next Step and stretch. Total aerobics and abs was 1 hour 20 minutes and I burned 475 calories. The Gliding DVD was Hi/lo aerobics with intervals of gliding strength leg segments. I really had to add a lot of impact to this to get my HR high enough. I ran the marches and hopped and jumped most everything else. Same thing for the Dance Aerobic Showdown.....was hard to get my HR up. This will have to be saved for active recovery days. Dance aerobics never does get my HR up that high....thus the reason I rarely do it....but I guess it's perfect for Saturdays.

I also did Eion Finn's Power Yoga Volume 1...short routine for 50 minutes. Eion cracked me up with something he said. We were in this pose and he said something like "just like in life.....some things you rule at and some things you suck at". I don't know why but it cracked me up.

Well, so much for stress of a new job. I started yesterday and I'm 9 days early!!! Great. I hope I don't get all messed up again and start with those problems again that the doctor wants me to have surgery for! Now I know why I had a migraine for the past few days (and today). My sinus infection has been coming back also. I hope I don't have to get another course of antiobiotics. Darned sinuses!!! Drive me nuts.

Jen - So - do you think you're gonna get any of those CIA's? I think I'm going to order the set when they go on presale. Only cuz I have my last paycheck coming from my old job and my new paycheck coming in the same week, so the DH said I can have a little extra "allowance" money. I need to save the remainder for BPAL.

Charlotte - You think 102 imps is a lot??? I'd NEVER let you see my BPAL stash! or DVD stash - you'd surely have me committed. At one point, I had 400 bottles -- but I sold a bunch after that. I haven't counted recently. After I weeded thru my initial stuff (from trying General Catalogs) - I only kept the ones I loved and sold the rest. Then I moved onto the Limited Edition phase of my addiction. I think that happens once you've tried all of the General Catalogs that you want to. Nowadays, I just keep the ones I like a lot or love. If I love one, I have to have back up bottles. I have a shoebox full of my favorites in back up bottles and it's starting to get double stacked. I have all of my Lunar oils and general catalog, double bottle worthy fave's in another shoe box and my Limiteds and favorite general catalog (single bottle worthy) in another shoe box. I then have a box of all of the current ones in use (i.e....orders just rec'd over last few months). Right now the ones in the newer box are the Christmas and Halloween Limiteds, The Carnivale Series and the Trick or Treat Inquisition. Those will get moved out when my new massive orders start coming in! I really need to go thru and weed out again. So - now who's the crazy one?? (I was testing my Luperci and Nite's Pavilion to see if I need to order more - I think I'm gonna wear one of them today -- probably Luperci cuz it's colder here).

Have great days everyone. I'm off to eat breakfast and soak in my weekend tub of Lushie goodies....Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds is the bubble bar and shower gel of the day!

Hi Lora! I can't imagine working (and/or working out) with a migrane, even with the best of medications. You really have some nice variation to your workouts these days. Are you reaping any rewards yet? I don't think I will purchase any of the CIAs until much later b/c I spent too much money on Amazon yesterday. I found Gurmukh's book & bought her DVD and then somehow 3 Ravi and Ana DVDs (summary: Yoga Beauty, Dancing Chakras, Beginner & Beyond) jumped in my cart :) . I just paid off my credit card and here I am charging it up again. x( Oh Well...my 36th birthday is in 9 days so I guess it's my gift to self. Oh Yeah, almost forgot to report my workout. DH and I did Power Hour last night. I was so proud of him for making it through the whole thing. He's not sore today, so we are going to try MuscleMax. Kundalini will just have to wait! Anyway, what are your thoughts about this "ghost thread" we have going on? I'm so glad you're here! :) I really miss talking to everyone! ;( Feels like we are talking to ourselves sometimes! ;(

I'll BBL-gotta go clean/do laundry/get organized to start another work week!

Jen

Sorry for my absence . I was busy, then not in a good mood last night. ANyway, I was sweating more in that TM run last night then ever before. i was really trying to up my steady speed. Working on that. Was rocking out to Hinder, listened to the whole CD, then had to listen to "Get Stoned" for the drive to finish the last quarter mile. That song is a great motivator.
Not sure what WO today. I would like a total body and cardio. I am going to church first with Mom and Dad. Think I will do that every Sunday now.

Jen- I am here!! Good for you on your WO last night! Are yo usore? Does your DH do cardio too? Have a great day!

Lora- holy cow! That is quite a collection! I think I have maybe 25 LOL! I am planning another order though! Do you keep them in your closet? LOL! Good WO you had today.

Hello to all the other yogis! Hope you are enjoying your day!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Meg - yes, I have an addictive personality.....what can I say? At least I'm not being self destructive any more (well...most of the time ....at least with ingesting substances that are bad for you....I still have the negative self chatter going on constantly).

Jen - Yes, I think we'll keep the ghost thread and maybe it will grow. Karin will be back and I think TAmmy will be. They must just be busy. I think Karin had her parents visiting....so Lord only knows how that went. Oh, and dear August is MIA until her yoga collection grows....although, I wish she'd have stayed. I miss her. She has quite the personality.

Well, that Seasun Ab/core segment is making me not feel good. I specifically modified side planks in Eion's yoga cuz I know they cause trap spasms....but i think that Seasun Ab segment really did me in. We did 7 minutes of planks on elbows with variations...i.e. lifting to side and from elbows to hands, etc. I think it was too much for my shoulder and my entire left trap is severely SEVERELY spasmed all the way down into my mid back and across the top of my shoulders.

Also, when I did my Gliding legs segments, I REALLY pushed hard into the floor on my discs and my glutes and legs are already really sore from power yoga/gliding!!! Yikes. I always tend to work out like a maniac when it's TTOTM. It helps my mental state!

Lora,

I keep selling the ones I don't like so I actually would probably have more. Yes, I know..you have them all!!!! Probably close to it. lol.

NO WAY..you had 400 bottles once????? Sick..sick..sick!!! I am calling the white coats RIGHT NOW!!!! lol. I bet you can't count them..you would lose track. Your too much. Sounds fun though;)

Have you tried Lolita (love potion)? That one is sooooo nice. Morocco is pretty good too. I don't care for the newest one...Shubb Niggurah too much. Alright at best. I am selling all my "alrights" and replacing with some of the new stuff they have up now. Dh agreed to this as I WASN'T GONNA ORDER anymore. I still won't have nearly as many as you. I do put on the oils 3 times a day. WHen I wake up, when I workout and then bathe and then another one goes on. I wear my TAL's when I go out alone...just to see. he he.

Charlotte~~

Good Afternoon Yoga Enthusiasts!

I finally got some yoga in this morning. I did Eion Finn's PY4H's Magically Hips. I then did the very first section of Shiva Rea's Fluid Power. I definitely loss some flexibility from taking a few weeks off from practicing yoga on a regular basis. My goal this week is to do one section of Fluid Power each day...heck I should be able to fit in an extra 10-15 minutes a day.

Lora: Eion cracked me up a few times today too......I really like his style.

Jennifer: How nice that your DH works out with you. I cooked the steel cut oats in soy milk the other morning and I still didn't like them. The good news is that my middle son loved them so he ate them all up.

Meg: Hey girl! How are you liking this warm weather we are having? I keep waiting for the ball to drop! I hope it stays mild as we have to drive DS#2 back to college next Sunday.

Charlotte: How are you liking the "x"?

I just got done doing Yoga Bliss Hips (30 minute Quick Hips Premix) and Jennifer Kries Waking Energy Seated Yin series (30 min). I didn't realize how much I needed to do some Kundalini until now. I really felt some immediate effects of it. Kundalini is so unlike traditional yoga because the breath of fire and different movements you do to stimulate the different glands always bring me amazing sensations. Tonight's were the strongest they've been (maybe ever). It was weird....my left foot was going tingling and numb doing the cat/cow series with breath of fire and I remember getting a bit buzzy/dizzy feeling after a few other sequences. I think I really needed this one.

Jen - I can't wait for you to get those Kundalini's you chose. You chose some of my favorites. I love doing Dancin' the Chakras on my rest day with another yoga segment. It makes for the best "feel good" rest day. Dancin the Chakras really feels good on the hips the way you move them. Even my DH has to come in the room and dance behind me when I do it. He's too funny. There's one part that's called a Victory Dance and I cracked up cuz that's his dance he does all of the time!! When I first got the DVD and was doing it on a Saturday morning - he came in from the Walmart shopping trip and walked in behind me and started doing the Victory Dance and Hippy Hippy shake and said "this is my kind of tape". It was too funny. Yoga Bliss Hips also has an opening segment of grinding your spine (which always feels good on the low back) and then doing head rotations....which are good for getting oxygen to the brain, good for your thyroid and helps to prevent wrinkles......and it feels so good to boot. I'm all cracky and crunchy whenever I do them though! The Basics and Beyond is a great one to start with cuz it introduces you to breath of fire. I don't know if I'll ever be able to do breath of fire right in some poses. Sometimes it's hard to relax your diagphragm in a certain pose and I hyperventilate. Oh, and I wouldn't do the 5 Tibetans at night. I tried it one night and it was way too strenuous for an evening yoga routine (for me at least...cuz I have insomnia).

Meg - I also can't wait for you to be able to get the Jennifer Kries one and do that seated Yin Yoga segment. That's the one where you give yourself a massage and pound on yourself, etc. Feels good and amazing the way you can feel the energy you create. I would have thought it was "hoky" if I just watched it and didn't try it, but when you first start, she has you rub your hands together very vigorously and you even rub in between the fingers and then after you create the energy, she has you face your palms together and cup the energy and you really can feel it. It's amazing. But....of course, I guess it's also proof that our bodies create energy .....for instance when you touch something in your house ...like a wall and get shocked.

Tammy - yes, you gotta love Eion!! I also like his little doggie. A couple times he goes tearing by running in circles and at one point, he's sitting his little baby doggie yoga mat and he's up on his hind legs like he's doing a yoga pose with everyone. That doggie has the life!!

Well....I've got to go get ready to lie on my balls and watch GH. I still haven't seen Friday's episode. I've tried to watch it twice and have fallen asleep both times.

I got my WO in while boys were playing at grammys house. I did Imax3 intervals 6-10, skipped cooldown and went into B&G standing glute work and stab abs premix, then the stretch. It was fun. I would have gone longer and added more, but I had to go get the boys.

Lora- I really can't wait either. It sounds really good. I need some a that!!

Char- I see my collection growing! So far all I have, I really love. I hope I keep that trend going!

Tammy- I could not believe I was outside in a T-shirt Sat. I am hoping that when that ball drops, winter doesn't stay till June!!!!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.