Trying to Fit Yoga In for Sunday Jan 21

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fellow Part-time Yogi's/Fit Ladies -

This morning I did CIA's Criss Cross Cardio - Kickbox Interval workout. I repeated the last combo to make the aerobic segment longer and then since I wanted to kick my HR up a few more times, I did a couple maniac style aerobic drills on my rebounder then did the standing ab work on Criss Cross Cardio followed by about 10 minutes of the standing Capoiera Core Work, the cool down and stretch. I then added on a 5 minute ab/core workout from one of my Shape workouts. It hit the abs from every angle and was a nice little routine. Total aerobic/ab work was 1 hour 20 minutes and I burned about 520 calories.

I also did Yoga on Demand...50" of hatha yoga. I've had this on B/O at CD Universe for a while. I REALLY liked this yoga DVD. The pose selection was wonderful. Only thing it lacked is twists, but it had some hip openers, lots of forward bends, back bends, hamstring stretches. Then it moved into plough and inversions followed by lying twists (guess it did have one twist) and butterfly pose (or whatever it's called ...badakanasa???). She did pranayama breathing at the beginning of the workout, but I skipped it, cuz I have bad sinuses and can't breathe thru both nostrils.....so I think it's useless to do it. The shavasana at the end was about 14 minutes long. I didn't stay that long.....so you can really make this a bit shorter of a practice and it's easy to fit in with good variety. The DVD also has a 30 minute practice which I previewed and it looks really good, as well. Good variety of poses in 30 min.

I'm VERY happy with this DVD and this would be my next rec for everyone......it is only about $10 at CD Universe too. Erin was pretty cool. I liked her. She sort of.....in a small way, reminds me of a younger Rainbeau....but not quite as hippy like as Rainbeau. My new favorite one. Speaking of yoga, can't believe how sore I am from my rest day yesterday!! LOL.

Bryan Kest's long downward dog holds did my shoulders in. I can feel soreness in my sides, legs, back and shoulders. Yikes!! Some rest day. Also, today's workout is a LOT of punching....and I bet my upper body will feel that tomorrow, as I usually do Turbo Jam and it doesn't have that much punching in it. I had to force myself not to do Rebecca Step today.....as I'm so addicted to it. I had a good workout though. WAs an intense workout and my HR stayed 130-160's. I love the CIA's for advanced workouts.

Have great workouts and good luck trying to fit your yoga in. We're going to see that movie Running With Scissors today at the cheapo theatre. We saw The Fountain there yesterday and it stunk......really STUPID ending and stupid movie. Glad it only cost a dollar!

Off to soak my weary, sore body in my Lushie tub. I saved a little bit of my Bling Crosby bubble bar ....so I have one more Bling bath to enjoy. I'll be back later.

ETA: By the way, re: the Karen Voight workout....the only soreness I noticed from it was some odd lower back tightness. Don't know if this was from working out on the roller that I'm not used to or what. My lower back was extremely tight and all of those forward bends and plough felt excellent on it today. Yum!

Hey everyone. I went to bed at 9:30 last night! Crazy tired. I slept for like 10 hours. I am really hungry today too. Trying to decide what WO to do. I still have a little muscle soreness, but much better then yesterday. I am just going to do cardio today. May start my rotation today instead of tomorrow.

Lora- I like that *part-time* yogis LOL! So true. Glad that Karen helped your back today. I need some downward dogs, my hams are pretty tight today. I really should have done some stretching the other night after the fire, especially from being out in the cold all night. But, I was to tired when i got home, just went to bed instead. Enjoy the movie.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hi All!

I did MIC this morning and again ran out of time for yoga:(

Lora: Where do you keep all of your DVD's?

Meg: I'm glad you got a good nights rest...you definitely earned that one!:7

Tammy - I have 4 DVD racks right now, plus additional DVDs in a box. I need another rack. I have too many old ones, but I can't seem to pitch them. I was thinking that one of these days, I should start doing one or 2 different VHS workouts (older ones) a week and the ones I think I'll use again, keep and start pitching the rest. What does everyone think of that idea??

Lora: I can't seem to part with my older VHS's! Heck...I've got some workouts on both DVD AND VHS....I'll work on thinning out my collection. I've got a co-worker who is just getting into home exercise, so I'll probably give her some of my doubles.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.