Trying To Fit Yoga In for Sunday Jan 13

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

I can't believe the weekend is almost over. How I LOVE the weekends!!

This morning my rotation called for Yoga X, but I did Cy-yo Spinning Fire workout 61" and burned 545 calories. I did the w/u and c/d on the ellipitical and the rest on the bike. I also did Yoga X with the music off option and listened to my Yoga Shakti soundtrack.
Carrie - I met my DH at an NA Meeting....of all places. I was newly clean and wasn't really supposed to get involved with anyone...but I did. My DH has his faults, as he's a control freak and a hot-head....but we have a lot in common ....from our disease, to the music we like, etc. I don't know if I could be married to someone who didn't like to do the things I do. My DH has worked out since we've been together and so have I. A long...long time ago, he even used to do step aerobics and Tae Bo with me sometimes.....but he no longer does step ....only the bike, ellipitical and running for cardio. He doesn't use any of my exercise DVDS either except for once a year when he does P90X. I would think would have to be an awful lot of compromise in a marriage with 2 people that have different interests.

Jen - good to hear from you. I can't believe this cold has really knocked you out of the loop! I hope you get strong soon and back to normal. Did you get a flu shot this year?

Yve - I didn't know that about pregnancy (......don't really know much about the subject) but that stinks. I guess you have to make sure you don't fall asleep on your back either. So, it seems all that would be left for yoga poses are standing poses??

Have a great day ladies - off to soak in the tub.

Hi Girls-

Today's workout is Plyometrics. I am really feeling the DOMS from yesterdays workouts. I will post later with my workout calorie burn.

Lora-Your story of how you met your DH reminds me of that Sex & the City episode, where Carrie meets that guy who is in recovery. Did you every watch that? That is so nice you and DH have so much in common. My DH and I have different 'hobbies'. He is a big outdoorsmen, 'guys' guy. Me, I like to shop,workout, and I am a lot more 'urban'. Sort of like Carrie & Aidan (Sex&City reference) But, we have alot of values and basic personality traits in common. We have those strong family values that keep us together. It's all about finding someone who puts up with your sh*t and loves you anyways!:)

Jill- my DH also has an active job too, like yours.

jen-sorry you have been sick!

Yve- how often do you go to prenatal yoga? I did prenatal yoga, but they were DVD's. I forgot who they were by, I will let you know!

Carrie

Just for those who are interested, here is the Thai Peanut Chicken Slow Cooker recipe:

2 1/2 lbs chicken pieces
1 cup hot salsa
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 TB soy sauce
2 TB lime juice
1 tsp ginger
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
2 TB fresh cilantro chopped

Place chicken in crock pot. Mix salsa, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, and ginger. Pour over chicken.

Cover, cook on Low for 8-9 hours, or High 3-4 hours untill done.

To serve pour sauce over chicken, sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro.

This turned out excellent, I served it with Teryaki noodles. Maybe a little heavy on the carbs, but it was a little cheat. W/O the noodles it would be pretty good. I love to cook, but I don't really like to cook 'clean', if you know what i mean? I think food tastes better, and then I just eat a smaller portion. I don't like to do fat free and stuff like that. Just eat less!

Morning ladies! I will BBL to post my WO. It's probably going to be something lower body or cardio. I have download some new songs to my iPOD and want to start building up my walk/jogging as I was doing before.

Lora-I can't believe it's almost over too. I really feel bummed when one of my weekend days gets taken up with work! Makes the weekend go by that much faster. Plus, we have to make a grocery store run today too.

Carrie-Thanks for the recipe-it's looks really good! How do you prepare the teriyaki noodles? Also, which cuts of chicken do you use? (Leg quarters, thighs, breasts, or a mix of all?) YUM! I am with ya' on the cooking philosophy-no fat free cooking here either! I think it's too limiting to cook extra clean, esp when DH is involved, he just doesn't like it. Even the recipes in most fitness magazines contain a tablespoon of butter, or something else that I usually would consider "unclean"-everyone knows you just have to have it in there (at least to some degree) for taste!

Have a great day everyone! I will TTYL!

Carrie - Thanks for the recipe.......but I don't cook. Hopefully the other ladies here will enjoy it. I'm also a vegetarian. My stove hasn't worked for years. I don't have a domestic bone in my body!! Everyone else here already knows how I am. Nothing normal about me!! LOL. I wish I liked to cook, but the kitchen and anything related to it, makes me turn into a crazy spaz lady! We eat out on the weekends and a couple times a week, we eat at my Mom's cuz she's all alone and doesn't like to cook for just herself. I usually just eat grilled low fat cheese w/o butter and a salad at her house and my DH and her eat meat, etc. When we eat at home, I usually eat Alpine Lace Swiss Sandwiches on wheat bread and salads or my Guiltless Gourmet baked tortilla chips with salsa. I also like green beans. I usually eat salads for lunch and oatmeal or shredded wheats with dried cranberries for breakfast. I'm so predictable!

So - what other yoga DVDs did you say that you have and enjoy?

Hi Ladies,

This morning I went to pilates class - and he mixed in some feltengrais. This afternoon I am going to go out for a nice walk. The weather has been unseasonably above zero - so I want to take advantage of it before the temp drops again.

Lora - You are so right about people with differing interests requiring lots of compromise - It is wonderful that you and your DH share this passion. My DH and I have some similar interests - but not the same hobbies. My DH is a big golfer - From spring to fall - I know that Sundays adn Friday afternoons/evenings he will be with the boys. This is ok with me - bc I usually go to pilates on Sundays adn then out for coffee with those in the class - or to my mom's afterwards. Its a bit of time on my own. I wish that I could play as well as he does though - bc I do enjoy going to the golf courses and walking the course - It is just so scenic.

Carrie - I go to two prenatal yoga classes per week at the local studio - and I have the Shiva Rea prenatal yoga dvd. Did you enjoy the prenatal yoga dvds? Did you find that they helped with labour and delivery? Know what you mean about the clean cooking. My DH and I try very hard to eat healthy most of the time - but I always cook with some fat - either butter or olive oil... we like to eat Feta (Greek background) - and treat ourselves to the occasional sweet. We also like to drink wine ( distant memory now for me :) )
Also curious - how soon after delivery did you start back with the regular cardio?

Jen - So glad you are doing a bit better - and getting back to your regular routine. Big bummer that you had to go to work yesterday though. I guess the work world keeps going - even with the flu? Did you fall far behind? That is so stressful.

Jill - Your work sounds very interesting. That is wonderful how you are able to participate in this lab work. What a wonderful opportunity - and yes - it will look wonderful on a resume one day.
How was your weekend.

Kel - How was your weekend? Did you manage to get some yoga in?

Have a wonderful Sunday ladies.

Bye for now.
Yve

Just a check in to report my workout. I did 60 minutes of Plymetrics and I burned 349 calories. I met my goal, so I am happy with that.

Lora-you are so cute, is your DH a vegetarian too? I bet you could cook! YOud aren't giving yourself a chance. I am giving up meat for lent this year, but it's such a good protein source, I don't know what I would do if I quit meat completely. I am guessing you are a lacto veg? Or lacto-ovo? I am waiting for my new Yoga I ordered, Kaballah yoga, or something like that? I lost my ebay bid on Rainbeau's, so I don't have any new ones yet.

Yve- I enjoyed doing the prenatal yoga. Did it help with labor? Umm, that would be, NO. I was all about doing the 'natural' thing. I went to lamaze, etc. The only thing that helped in labor was the big 'ole, epidural. I LOVED that. But, everyone is totally different. My water broke at around 5am, and I didn't have Ryan untill 2am the next day. I put off the drugs for a long time, but they were giving me ptocin to get the labor going. That made the contractions really difficult. Anyways, the epi came and Carrie was happy again. But, again, everyone has their labor story, so don't let any of this scare you. Sorry if it does!!! Gosh, I should keep some things to myself!!!! You don't know untill you get there. It will be uncomfortable, but it will be over and then you have an awesome little baby and forget about the whole mess. Really.

Jen--I used whole chicken breasts that I halfed or quartered. You could probably use any type that you like though. So you love to cook too?? Are you a foodie? I would say I am. Do you watch the Food Network?

Carrie

Hi ladies! No workout to report...yet.... I am so last minute with it on Sundays.

Carrie-I am a complete foodie. I did not watch the Food Network until I spent a couple of days at home while recovering from the crud that came over me. I really like Nigella Lawson (but even her easy recipes seem daunting) and I also like Giada De Laurentis. Do you have any favorite chefs?

Yve-November, December, and January are my busiest months of the year, because of year-end tax planning, tax forms-W-2, 1099s, etc. It was a really bad time to be sick. I was only out 2 1/2 days all together, but the way my desk looked, it was a though I missed an entire week. :( Forgot to mention that was too cute the other day about the baby and music. What are you playing for him? Does he have any favorites yet?

Back again for the last time today. Tonight's WO was Tae Bo Cardio using weighted gloves. It was a DVD I rented from Netflix and I really liked it! I don't care for the frantic pace of some of the Tae Bo DVDs-they sometimes feel like an injury waiting to happen. This one had a little better cueing and moved a little slower. It's probably more intermediate level cardio, but I am fine with that, as I am no cardio junkie anyway. I actually could see doing this one in the morning, if I ever convert to a morning exerciser.

Have a great night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.