Trying to Fit Yoga In for Sunday Feb 24

lorajc

Cathlete
his morning I did Spinning - Cy-Yo Ice. Workout was 59" w/ cooldown and stretch and I burned 530 calories. I've been doing this workout a lot lately cuz you work on both positive and negative energy. For instance, the instructor has you think of something you are or were angry about recently and focus on it and do all out sprints. I've been annyoed with work and the DH....so this workout is good for taking it out on them without them knowing it!! LOL.

I also did Power to the Peaceful Yoga and didn't enjoy it very much. It has some really different poses and it's really hard. I can't do half of the stuff they do...as my body doesn't contort like that. I don't really feel stretched. Might have to do something later if I have time.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

I'm supposed to be doing a "recovery week" this week....but it's always hard for me to do this. Anyone have any ideas on what to do on my weightlifting days? Yoga, Pilates, Squeeze???? I don't think I could do a week of recovery like they have written in the P90X manual.....I'd go nuts.

Jen & Yve - thanks for popping in yesterday. Please don't feel obligated to do so on the weekend if you're too busy. I understand.

Where the heck did Carrie and Jill go though??

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was walk/jog for 1 hour followed by Perfectly Fit Buns. Even though it's a "bodyweight only" workout, I added a 9 lb bodybar on the squat/lunge combo and plie squat section, 5 lb ankle weights on the leg lifts section, and a 24 lb bodybar on the butt squeezes section. This was the intermediate leg day I am adding in to this rotation so that I end up working legs twice a week. For the walk/jog part, I went out by myself for the first 20 minutes, then came back home to get the Bassett Hounds for the next 20 minutes, then took out Lenny for the next 20 minutes. They just love to get outside. Lenny did great today! The Bassetts did well also, but I really need to get them out more often to work on their endurance. :) I did not get in my workout yesterday. Normally it doesn't bother me that much, but I really felt the guilt today.

Yve-Hope you enjoyed your get-together. I bet it is quite an inspiring group to be around. It's amazing that the group has grown so much. I am sure the group leader must be really passionate about it and people really respond to her energy. How are you feeling lately? Are the prenatal classes interesting? I don't think I would be too happy about 6 hours worth, no matter how excited I was about being pregnant! How is your DH holding up?

Lora-I vote for Squeeze. I think it's really effective and certainly makes you feel worked! It's the one workout I have that I wish I would get around to more. I think I will try to work it into the next endurance rotation somehow. Pilates would be good too, just because it seems so opposite of weightlifting and I think it really helps to get those muscles lengthened back out after all the contracting of P90X.

Have a great night everyone! I made Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies tonight, which I am off to enjoy with DH (and a nice cold glass of lowfat milk :9 )!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.