Trying to Fit Yoga in For Sunday December 3

lorajc

Cathlete
This morning I did Kelly Coffey's Kicbox Step for 70 min" followed by Intermediate Yoga in Fiji. Kelly's workout was step kickboxing for about 35 minutes and then 10 minutes of cardio/weights and ab work. It is a 55 minute workout. I repeated a step combo kickbox segment, as I wasn't going to do the weighed segment and then at the last minute I decided to do it....thus the time difference. I didn't really use real heavy weights, as I just wanted to see what that part was like and it's really not a weight day. This was a good workout and was fun...but it will take me a few times to get it down, as Kelly moves very quickly and she doesn't really break down steps. She does it on a higher step and it was tough....and I'm sure it will be tougher once I get the moves down. I like her intensity. I burned 465 calories.

I also did Intermediate Yoga in Fiji. This was the first time doing this. I got it from Amazon and never really got around to doing it. I played my own yoga music. I didn't really care for the instructor and at times she moved sort of slow...but it ended up being a pretty good workout. I'm pretty sore today. Let's see...the one thing that wasn't safe about it is that she did like 2 sun salutations pretty slowly and then went right into full splits. If I had not done cardio prior, I would not have been warm enough (I don't think - but maybe - as downward dog builds heat). This was most all standing poses. We did a lot of twisting triangles and twisting prayer...which I like...so it was good. Twisting half moon and warrior 2 and twisting warrior 2. Then she goes into forward bends and backbends and some more seated twisting and then into plough, shoulderstand and other inversions, then shavasana. It was 50 minutes and I felt good afterwards.

I went into the full shoulder stand today and I'm a bit concerned that maybe I shouldn't have done that...as my left shoulder is a little more tender and painful than usual.

I still can't seem to get enough water in me. I couldn't sleep well last night and I was up and down all night and having some stomach problems. I hope it's just my IBS acting up.

Have great days ladies. I'll be back later. I can't wait for some of you to receive your new yoga DVDs so I can see how you like them and Christmas is coming!!! Hopefully you'll get some for Christmas.

Hi Girls!

I'll be doing BK Energize (again)...but that's okay...I have a lot of room for improvement.;) :7 :+

I slept in late and now have to get moving....I'll check back later for personals.

Have a great Sunday!

Hi all! Still resting. Hating it. Feel completely restless and my (ahem) digestion feels very sluggish. I might be stressing more by resting completely-maybe I will try some yoga today, but even when I was doing that my eye was still twitching like mad, so I better not push it.

I previewed my two Kundalini yoga DVDs yesterday. Wow! I can't believe how different it is from power. Much larger "woo-woo" factor. I am pretty impressed with both DVDs but probably slightly more impressed with Gurumkh's. Amazing production quality and you can tell she is quite the character! Despite the sorta strange exercises, I am open to it (muscle confusion is everything) and I am totally willing to give it a try. I am also very curious about how I will feel once the practice is over. From all observations, Kundalini looks quite energizing and would not be a good evening practice. I will probably keep it to the weekends and move my workout to morning or early afternoon to take advantage of the increased energy! It looks have quite an upper body toning focus. If it works, even for only those two benefits alone-I can see becoming a Kundalini cheerleader! I actually had DH come in and do a few of Gurumkh's exercises and told him those might help loosen up his shoulder-and he was actually game for it!

Lora-Three sets of jacknives w/ a med ball at the knees AND the hands! I believe you will be still rocking out to your wild workouts at 70!!!! That's the spirit! There's no such thing as the "fat one" over at the Hardcore thread. Everyone over there (including you) is an inspiration! I dream of being at that level one day...and there you are hanging right with those chicks! I am learning that even if you work out to the extreme, everyone still has their body part issues/trouble spots. I also am more thirsty these days, but over the past three years, it's wintertime that has done it. I seems to be more sensitive to all the dry heat indoors and can't get enough water down the whole season. Hope that is all it is for you, too. I got my BPAL oils on Friday-Vixen and Glitter. They also included four samples-Hemlock, Dragon's Tears, Cznerobog, and Ava Maria. I really, really love the Vixen and it's strong, sweet/spicy kick-and it lasts forever! Funny, I was looking up the ingredients and your review from 2004 came up (you liked it too)! Glitter smells almost too sweet in the bottle, but it has grown on me. I am so intrigued by its white wine/d'anjou pear element. DH loves the smell of the oils and immediately hijacked the Cznerobog sample. We both love the spicy stuff. BTW, I think it's really cool how you can put your own soundtrack to some of the DVDs that you don't care for the music. That's a talent! I have to have the structure and the voice of the instructor, even if I hate the music-I tolerate it so my workout is not compromised.

Megadoo-Checked out your Picturetrail-GREAT pics! You are looking so fit & lovely! And your family is adorable! Thanks for sharing! Wish I could borrow your legs for just one night-I'd make the most of them with the cutest mini skirt I could find! And I second Lora on the abs and lower body-pls share your secret! I am looking in to the Picturetrail thing, cause I think it's neat to *see* who you are talking to. DH is not thrilled with the idea, but it's not like you have a ton of people looking at you, right? How does it work? You just share the link when you want to right-not anyone can access the pics w/o the link?

Julie-How did you like PY4H? Whatcha' up to today?

Karin-How was Altar of the Heart? Let me know how the Karen Voight Pilates workouts are-I haven't tried those yet. Sorry about your traffic woes of late. That's my biggest workout challenge as an evening exerciser. I enjoy the greater range of motion and flexibility the evening offers (since the body has had time to limber up over the day) but if I don't get home at a decent time-sabotage city!

Tammy-Thanks for the advice on the eye twitching. I barely twitched at all yesterday and today, so I think I am on the road to recovery. Hope you enjoy your BK workout today! How are you liking the November Rotation?

Yve-"I looked at her like she had two heads." LMAO!!!! :+ Glad it worked out for your shoulder & neck! Have fun Chistmas shopping with your mom. I really miss my mom this time of year-she passed away two years ago. She was a decoration fanatic and a shopping fanatic, so Christmas was just an all-in-one for her!

August-"Hey Spasms & Twitchers, It's neck twinge!" :+ You crack me up! Let's just start calling this thread Twitch and Bit^&! :p Sorry on the TTOM-I am right behind you so mine will be next week x( !

So, we've got folks here from OH, NJ, NY-looks like I am the only Southern Belle here! I'll try not to keep all the sunshine to myself this season!

Hope you all have a great day....well afternoon/evening now!

Jen

Jen - I think you might want to rethink your comment about Kundalini not being an evening thing. It all depends. Gurumukh's is one of a kind and so far, no Ravi and Ana I've done is like it. I agree that the Gurumukh one is more of a daytime workout, but a lot of Ravi and Ana's are perfect for evening (a couple I've done weren't though). I haven't done Gurumukh's in a long time...but I love it. I'll have to do it on my next rest day. I love her. Her book - The Eight Human Talents - is what got me interested in Kundalini. She's a wealth of knowledge and a very kindred spirit. Thanks for the comments about my fitness level. Yes, we all have problem areas ....no matter what others think.

I don't think I'll be doing full shoulderstand any more. My shoulders are both very tender and painful.

Good evening ladies!

I am sore from head to toe! I am really enjoying the challenge that yoga is giving my body. My only frustration is the limits on my right side...I'm going to have to add a yoga block to my xmas list. I have no trouble reaching poses on my left side, but it is as if my right side is 6" shorter! I think it is the piriformis thing limiting my right side flexibility.

Lora: How long have you been practicing yoga? Have you always done DVD's/tapes, or have you participated in live classes? I agree w/Jen....you are definitely HardCore;) . I hope your shoulders feel better tomorrow.

Jen: I'm glad your eye twtich is healing. You'll be back to exercising soon enough and hopefully things will move along....:7!

August: I hope your neck is feeling better.

Tammy - I first started doing Yoga when Bryan Kest came out with his first 3. That was about 12 years ago. I did it for quite a while and then when I was going for physical therapy once for my neck condition, I was getting trigger point injections and the doctor said that he thought all of the planks and down dogs were giving me more spasms and trigger points throughout my back....so he told me I wasn't allowed to do them. I didn't do it for a long time after that and then about a year or so ago, I developed this horrid sinus condition and was reading about sinuses, etc and saw how downdog was good for them. I also converesed with Mark Blanchard at the time about my neck/shoulder condition and he said I should start slow and try to ease back into it, as it is very healing for the body. I began a mission to heal myself as much as I can thru yoga...........and then created a real passion for it after I saw how good the release made me feel - as I'm a very high strung, nervous, person. The more flexible I become - the more I can't even hardly feel the stretching done in a short 10 minute session.

I discovered Kundalini in 2000 and did it for a year or two and then stopped cuz I didn't have time to fit it in. I again re-started this when I began the mission to heal all of my nagging health problems.

Hey guys. Today, no pain. SO I tried to give myself pain!! LOL!!
C&W cardio, C&W UB heavy weight premix, HSTA UB premix. Was a good one.

Jen- you make your pic trail and then add the link to your profile on this site. Or, you can post it once, then take it out. YOu could password protect the pictrail if you wanted, but you would somehow have to share the password with us so we can view your pics. If you chose that, then you could just PM the password. Just an idea. You control it, you can remove the link whenever you want. I would love to see your pics!
Thanks for the compiments. I love sharing my pics, most of the time anyway. i love to show off my boys!! LOL!!

Well, I better hit the hay. Have to take the boys to the doc tomorrow. Hopefully the little one doesn't wake up with pink eye too! Seems DH may have it now. Oh well!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hi ladies! Hope that everyone had a good weekend. Mine was busy but good. I can't believe that it is almost Monday. I had to work a little this weekend because I am giving a presentation tomorrow and needed to work on it a little. Sorry that I didn't have a chance to check in. Here's what I did.

Sat - icycle 11 (40 min) and lower body free style exercises
Sun - iclimb 11 (40 min) plus an additional 10 min on the elliptical and lower body free style exercises.

I also went to a bikram yoga class today with my friend. Has anyone ever been to one of these classes? I liked the exercises, but it was at least 98 degrees in the room. I guess the idea is to sweat all your toxins out. I couldn't believe how much I was sweating.

I am not sure about what yoga I will get in during the week. I saw that my gym offers yoga on Thurs nights at 6:30 so I might take that class.

Until tomorrow,

Karin

Meg: Glad to hear your hip is feeling better...sorry to hear about the pink eye:(

Karin: I guess at 98 degrees you are definitely going to sweat:eek: :eek: :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.