Trying to Fit Yoga In for Sunday Dec 9

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Mindy's Super Cycle Spinning. I did the warm-up and then repeated the Interval segment 3 times and then did intense flats, cool down and stretch. Workout was 72" and I burned 640 calories. This is a really tough spinning DVD ...thus the reason I don't do it often. Mindy's a cycling maniac!

I also did Altar of the Heart Yoga with Tilak Pyle. I was only going to do half of it since it's so long, but I ended up doing the entire thing. It's 85". This felt great. I forgot how much I love everything about this DVD from Tilak :) to the music to the scenery and the poses.

I'm getting stressed about work tomorrow already. I really need to get used to this full-time, early schedule again. I don't think I'm exactly "settling in" to my job yet. So much to learn and I've got a lot of anxiety about it. If I can learn this job, there won't be one thing in a medical practice that I can't do! They are teaching me most everything and my brain is on super overload. I guess I better concentrate on kickboxing this week instead of complicated step.

I need to decide on a rotation? Any suggestions? I've been looking thru my books and DVDs, but I'm so indecisive. I might try a day of NROL, a day of Cindy Whitmarsh's, etc and then decide....or maybe I'll change my mind. What's everyone else doing? I need ideas?

I also feel fat and bloated from my new job. I can't eat snacks....so my meals have been larger and more spread out and dinner has been so late at night that I wake up feeling fat all of the time. I hope I get used to all of this and can learn this job. I'm not feeling too confident right now. This 48 year old brain ain't what it used to be.....especially with all of my earlier years of brain cell damage!

Have great workouts or rest days. Off to eat breakfast and soak in some epsom salts....as my pain is flaring.

Sorry about the long venting post.

Also - in case you ladies didn't see my post - I have a copy of Petra's new step workout on ebay for $10. I also have a brand new Aromaleigh mineral makeup kit "Naughty" that I'll sell for half price....here's the website www.aromaleigh.com and the kits are under New stuff.

Jen - I hear ya about Christmas. We aren't buying much for each other this year cuz I haven't been working. My shopping is finished though. I did the bulk of it in October (like I usually do) and finished it up the day after Thanksgiving.

Hi ladies! Last night, very late, I did HSTA. Man, I forgot how much that WO kicks my a$$!!!!! It felt good to get all the way through it though. Not sure what's on tap today...I am afraid it will be straight cardio. I think I will go walking or walk/jogging, as it is in the 70s here! Crazy weather! :p I finally started my shopping yesterday and also I found a really nice sleeveless "sweater" to wear to the party. It is black (what else?!?) and has mesh and beading from the neckline to the clevage area (shows no clevage) then it is "dressy" slimming sweater material from the clevage area to the waist. I also bought a ring and some earrings to go with it, since a necklace and beading at the collar would be sparkly overkill. I will just wear it with some pants and shoes I already own. The sweater was $14.99 and the jewelry was $15.00 so this was the cheapest outfit yet! :)

Lora-I am stressed out over work tomorrow already, too! I am falling really behind with all the responsibilities I have now. I feel like a fish out of water sometimes because I am still learning about some of the areas I am over and I don't feel comfortable yet. It will probably take me at least a year to feel even remotely comfortable. How long does it usually take you to feel settled in to a new job? That would be a tough transition to go from several meals a day to three heavier ones. I didn't even think about that in regards to your job. I am sure you will feel confident soon. It really is repetition more than anything, so hang in there! Also, it's getting familar with all those "unusual" situations so when they come up again, you'll be a pro and know just what to do. Unfortunately, I have no rotation suggestions for you. I am doing the 4DS DVDs for another week with a circuit day and straight cardio day for the other 2 days to make it 6 days a week. I plan to only follow that for another week or two and than head back to endurance based and heavy cardio until Cathe's new STS series is available...just in time for me to be ready to lift heavy again. :)

Have a great day ladies! I will probably be back again later this afternoon!

Back again. I let my ipod run down and I can't go walking without it (how's that for an addiction?) , so I didn't get my walk in today. Instead, I did Prevention Fight Cellulite Fast. I really enjoyed this workout and it was a little tougher than I remembered. It felt good to take the intensity down a notch today, considering I have got the 4DS ahead of me again this week.

Have a great night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.