Trying to Fit Yoga in For Sunday Dec 17

lorajc

Cathlete
his morning I did Gliding Gone Wild with Mindy Myrlea and repeated the aerobic segment and then added on Kickbutt Bootcamp Kickboxing segment and then I cooled down for 3 minutes and did the stretch from Gliding Gone Wild (73"). I also did Yoga Shakti using the Matrix did Dancing Warrior 2 and 3, Standing Poses 1, Backbend Prep, Supine Poses, Forward Bends and Twists, Inversions and Shavasana (60"). I burned 420 calories or so during the aerobics (not sure, as my monitor was not on for the warm/up).

Yes.....I bought the Gliding Gone Wild and shouldn't have (cuz of the job situation). Although I'm really glad I did. It was REALLY a lot of fun. My HR was mostly moderate at 130-140 for most of it, but climbed to 150's during the one part. I never would have thought this could be fun. I only wish the floor aerobic segment was longer. It has an 8 min warmup, 18 minute aerobic segment followed by about 10 minutes of lying butt work and 10 minutes of ab work and then the stretch. I skipped the butt/ab work since I don't need anymore of that today. My legs are already pretty toasty just from doing the gliding segments.

I also ordered another Yoga set of DVDs. I know....my DH will kill me if he finds out. I got the 3 DVD Adrienne Reed set. I'll keep y'all posted.

Where was everyone yesterday? I've got this yoga DVD that I don't want if anyone wants it....let me know. It's Total Yoga Water. It's an okay practice but it moves a bit slow and has a lot of instruction I don't need. I paid $10 for it, but I'd be happy to let someone have it for $5 and I'll even ship it for free!! (you can read reviews on it at Amazon.com).

I'm really nervous about my job interview tomorrow. Just the thought of starting a new job makes me sick to my stomach. I can't stand that awkward feeling when you don't know anyone or anything. I think I hate that more than anything and yet God keeps making me go thru it. Go figure!!

Goodmorning ladies,

I did Ashtanga class yesterday - and pilates class this morning.

Lora -I asked my instructor re dvds for feltenkrais - and he cautioned against doing dvds for things like pilates/feltenkrais etc...simply bc he believes that injuries can occur when one is in a twisted position to begin with - and tries to look up at the screen. I didn't argue with him - as we all know enough to watch the dvd before doing it - but at any rate this is his opinion. He has scolded me in the past for doing certain moves in a way that I have seen in a dvd.
I hope your interview goes well tomorrow. I think you should look at it in the following way - You have a lot of diversified experience in your field...... and though you may be the new kid on the block, you have a lot to offer. Believe in yourself - and you will do great.

Maeghan - I saw apocolypto last night. I thought it was well-done - though a bit too violent for my liking. It wasn't as brutal as say - Braveheart or Passion - but not far. The cinematography was incredible.. it was filmed in the jungle - and it was really something in that regard.

Hello to August, Jenn, Tammy and Karin. Hope you all have a great day.
Yve

Hi everyone!

Lora - Sounds like you had a great workout this morning. I have Adrienne Reed's power yoga for athletes and I really like it. I am interested in her newest DVDs but I am afraid that they might be too advanced for me. I look forward to your reviews. Good luck at your job interview tomorrow.

Yve - How is your vacation treating you? Are you able to relax at all?

Yesterday I did iclimb 13 30 min and iclimb 10 20 min on the elliptical. It was HARD! My legs were screaming at the end and I couldn't wait to get off that dang thing. I also did my repertoire of knee PT exercises. Today was LIC warm up (on the floor without a step), upper body, abs, and stretch. I was going to do cardio, but I think I might give myself a break cardio-wise today. I will also be doing lower body exercises later today.

I just went back to the ortho doc on Friday and he is going to operate for the meniscal tear and cartilage floaters, but we are waiting 6 more weeks to schedule it to see if 6 more weeks of PT will correct my knee cap maltracking. If not, he is going to do a lateral release with all the other stuff. It's not like the lateral release is a huge deal, but it is just more of a big deal than the other stuff he is going in to do.

Hello to Megadoo, Tammy, Jen, Julie and August. Hope everyone is doing well. I am off to clean more. My parents are arriving here in Colorado on Friday and it is quite messy at the moment.

Karin

Hi, guys! I'm back!

How've you all been?

Lora - I tried Seasun! All I can say, is, girl, you are the choreograph queen! Oh mighty, I was all over my own feet! LOL! It's going to take me some time to get the moves down. I'm guessing (okay, I'm hoping ;) ) it's also a matter of getting used to her lingo and terminology. But I can see why you love it! Seasun is fiery! Thank you again so much. And you'll be hearing more from me soon. :)

Oh, and as for your interview, you say you've had many and passed many, so it sounds like you must give a great impression...so there shouldn't be anything to worry about if you just do what you always have done in the past!

I missed you all and will be spending some time catching up on you guys!

Later!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.