Trying to Fit Yoga In for Sunday Dec 10

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did 35 minutes of Kelly Coffey's Step Boxing followed by 30 minutes of Gliding aerobics with Mindy. I did the ab segment with the gliding discs and the ab segment from Kelly's (without weights - as I'll probably work abs again tomorrow). This came to about 1 hour and 20 minutes and I burned 440 at the end of the cardio and 480 calories at the end of the ab segment.

I also did Tilak Pyle's Altar of the Heart (70"). This felt really good, but I always fast forward thru all of the rests he takes throughout. It's slow enough moving without those. I also skipped the pranayama breathing at the end.....(alternate nostril breathing), as I usually can only breathe out of one nostril with my sinus issues. It's supposed to be very relaxing though...so maybe I'll have to try it some time.

Just checked the Job Section in the paper and there's a Real Estate Secretary opening, Legal Secretary and Front Desk Reception for Dental Office that I'm going to send resumes to. Never worked in any of those fields......but I can always learn (I hope - with the few brain cells I have left!).

Have great workouts or rest days. I'm going to eat breakfast and get in the tub. We might go see that movie Holiday today.

August - Can't wait for you to get back in town so you can try Seasun's step.

Hello!

Today is my rest day, well, an active rest day for me. I'll be doing magically hips from PY4H.

Lora: Good luck with the job search...you sound MUCH better today. I think that movie Holiday sounds good...let us know how it is!

Hello to all that follow!

Great workout Lora. I received Kelly's new Step Boxing DVD but haven't done it since I am injured. It looks good, but very fast paced. That's usually a good thing, but I am just hoping it isn't too fast. That's great that you found some jobs to submit your resume to.

Tammy - Enjoy your active rest day. You have worked hard all week. Is this the first time you have done PY4H Magically Hips?

I didn't get any yoga in last night. I forgot that we had promised a friend to babysit their child while they went out. So, I didn't get any yoga in last night. But I think that I burned a million calories while babysitting just running after the child :).

Today was icycle 12 on the bike for 44 min and lower body freestyle exercises. I just received Yoga Radiance from the yaya swap and it looks very hard. I basically just got it for the lunar flow sequence because I heard it is amazing. Hopefully I can do that tonight.

I really need to clean up the space where I do yoga. It is in our loft/office and there is junk everywhere and it is small. I run into things all the time and it doesn't feel very peaceful. I have to remedy this situation!

Today we are going to an open house. We are going to be seriously looking to buy our first house after the new year. We hope to be in a new house by June. What a stressful time. I can't believe how much money is involved in all of this. Also we are going to watch Arsenal v. Chelsea soccer game. It is going to be good.

Have a good day!

Karin

Karin: Good luck house hunting! Today was my first time doing Magically Hips all the way through....it was awesome! I can't believe how tight my hips are...boy do I have a lot of work to do.

Thus the reason I'm so addicted to yoga DVDs with lots of hip openers and twists. The hips are huge storage depots for toxins and you also carry a lot of stress in your hips. Twists are also detoxifying. I tend to especially like the sequencing on Dusk with Rainbeau cuz after all of the hip openers and twists, she does inversions which redistribute the blood after all of those toxins are released. I tend to always set up my Matrix on Yoga Shakti like that also.

I want to check out some new yoga DVDs. I'm feeling like I might need one small "pity purchase" for myself. I do have a small amount of money saved.......but it won't go far.

Evening, all! Keeping it short tonight. Did IMAX 2 for the first time and really liked it-especially the step combos. On Friday, I did Step Blast fot the first time, too, so with the rotation I am doing, it looks like I will be learning lots of choreography for the next three weeks! Except for tripping over myself and the step many times, I really enjoyed both workouts. Will Cathe turn me into a Cardio Queen? Now that I have more workouts to choose from, it's really great, but I keep getting my Cathe choreography confused! Does this happen to any of you?

Lora-Glad to see you are feeling better and getting some good prospects. Good luck with your interviewing! I am so impressed with the fact you are keeping up with your workouts, too. Keep your game face on!

August-You like the running man?!? You are a crazy chick! I double dare you to post a video of yourself doing that move...or better yet, make it your avatar image!!!! LOL!!! :+

Karin-Any luck on your search for 10 lb ankle weights? What on earth are you planning to do with them?

Hi to Tammy, Yve, Julie and Megadoo!!!! :) :) :) :) You guys have given Lora some great advice over the past few days. I am so glad all of you are a part of the thread! :)

Jen

Jen: IM#2 is my most favorite Cathe DVD...it was the DVD I had Cathe sign on the roadtrip. Step Blast is...well, just a blast! It is one of those happy, feel good workouts. The more Cathe cardio you do, the more you become really familiar and COMFORTABLE with her choreography. Have fun!

Jen, I think that Step Blast and Imax 2 are still my favorites from Cathe. I love them. They are so fun. No luck on my ankle weight search. I would like them for my PT exercises, but I think I made myself sound more impressive than I am :). I meant a total of 10 lb (so 5 lb each). Ugh, I guess I have to order them online.

Karin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.