Trying to Fit Yoga In for Sunday 11-26

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did 60" of Rock Steady Step with cool down/stretch. It was tough to do today. I don't know how I used to do this every Saturday as an active rest day. Something about Rock Steady makes my back hurt a bit. She does quite a bit of jumping and impact. I started to get really lost during the last 10 minutes. I don't have this one down yet. It's always lots of fun though. I love Seasun's step (as if you haven't noticed).

I wore my new Saucony's and my feet kept going numb. I think I had them laced to tight and then I loosened them and I got a callus....I hate new shoes. My other pair that I got online didn't need to break in...but they were more expensive.

I also did Tias Little's River Flow Yoga (46") while listening to my Yoga Shakti soundtrack and it made it sooooo much better. I will probably do this more now that I have different music to go with it. He really had quite a few good stretches and the poses were generally held longer which always makes it feel better. He gives a lot of pointers on alignment, etc.

I also did some Kundalini last night. I did Journey thru the Chakras - Set 2. This worked on the upper chakras, heart, throat, 3rd eye and the aura one (can't think of the name). I think the only one of these chakras that may be blocked is my throat. Throat relates a lot to neck issues....and I have lots of neck issues. It felt good to work on the throat.....but the others weren't anything spectacular for me. I've discovered I need more work on my bottom 3 chakras, but they said working the heart chakra would help my physical heart, emotional heart and immune system.......so I did it. Again, I fell asleep at the end in corpse pose......woke up 5-10 minutes later and they were chant/singing Sat Nam...Sat Nam....Sat Nam....Wahee Guru.......repeat...repeat....repeat.....it was weird to wake up to that! LOL. I don't know how the heck I fell asleep cuz then I went up to bed and couldn't sleep!!

August - Your DVD won't go out until Thursday, as I just remembered I'm not going to my Mom's until Wed. this week and she usually does my post office runs for me. Just wanted you to know. Also - wanted to tell you that I put my Total Yoga - Water DVD in - was gonna do it...but I started listening to that lady....and I was like ewwww....don't know if I can stomach her. LOL. She made me nervous.

Well - the way the DH is talking right now is like he's planning on going to the concert tomorrow.....but he's not happy about it and he's sure letting me know that!!

Have a blessed day. I feel like I need to buy some yoga DVDs today!! I'll have to search Videofitness and Fitness Organica, as well as Amazon.

Hi, Lora,

From all that exercise you do, no wonder you fall asleep during meditation! It's a wonder your legs don't fall asleep and give you thistles!

I know what you mean about the Total Yoga voice-over. She's got kind of a...straight voice.

Thanks for telling me about the postal date - now I won't yell at my postman if it comes later than expected ;) .

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll be enjoying your concert, and that you both will be having a great time out!

I did Rainbeau's Pure Power and also the warmup of my Kundalini, and all feels great!

Jen- sorry I didn't get back yesterday. I worked then decorated till 9 pm! I didn't WO. So, I started with Imax2 from Fit TV too! So the end is actually interval 9, which is the hardest! They don't have all 10 intervals on Fit TV, but you are worked out completly! lol! So, the version on DVD is a bit longer. THe FITTV version is a good place to start.
I also like Imax3 music better. BonJovi! Love it. The choreography seems a tad harder, but not impossible. And the recovery times are shorter! And the most of the blasts are harder. If you conquer 2, then you can do 3. I suggest doing 2 first and get that down.
I enjoy both of them. Good luck with them and have fun!
I am also interested in the Jan 2004 rotation. Let me know what you decide to do.

Lora- falling asleep!!LOL!! I wish I could sometimes! Glad your DH is going to the concert now.

August- I hope to get that set from Rainbeau too. It does look so calming with the ocean in the background.

Yve- Oh, that sounds neat to be in the toasty room doing yoga. Probably feels soo good.

Not sure what I am doing today. I will bbl.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

I just finished about 50 minutes of Kundalini. I did Fat Free Yoga - Lose Weight and Look Great - Burn Baby Burn segment & Fat Free Yoga - Total Tune Up - Warm Up and Open up. These feel good on the spine. I've had a horrid headache all day. Don't know if it's a migraine or from my cervical disc problems, but this seemed to help slightly.

Megadoo - GH isn't on tomorrow!! Not till Tuesday!! Darn.

Now the DH is saying he's not going tomorrow! He's driving me crazy!

Evening, everyone! Tonight's workout was Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease (yep, and I love the music, too-go ahead pelt me with your Cathe DVDs!) followed by her very short ab isolation (twice) and then Rainbeau Mars Pure Sweat. I heated the room as usual and it felt soooo goood. I did not sweat as much as I thought I should-not for lack of effort but for lack of hydration-my water intake was lower than usual today.

I enjoyed Pure Sweat pretty well-I give it a B overall. The pluses to me were-excellent demonstration of poses and nice blend of spiritual and physical. I normally don't mind voice overs and they are quite common with yoga DVDs, but hers was quite dry so I did not get the sense of her personality and did not really feel any of her passion for the practice. (I really look for that element in instructors-I think that's why I like Cathe so much-her personality and passion really shine through.) I also found the natural rocky tidal cove setting to be a little unsettling rather than relaxing. The music was not nervewracking, but it wasn't particularly motivational either and it was a little repetitive. It would have been nice if they switched to something else once you get to the floorwork. My favorite pose was the squatting pose-I had not done that one before. My least favorite was the static leg hydrants-nuff said. Bottom line: A good occasional rental to round out my collection. I did not come away with the feeling it was one I had to have.

I previewed some of the DVDs on raviana.com (found the hidden previews, thanks August!) and they look like some I would like to own. The exercises look a little different, but like something I could get used to. I recently purchased Shiva's Yoga Trace Dance and may try it this week. I previewed it and it looks cool, but also there were a few freeflowing dance sequences that made my inhibitions kick in. I just don't know if my mind can let go enough to do them. I keep thinking I will look like the "Star Wars Kid". :eek:

Lora-Bless your heart! I really hope you get to go to the concert. I hope DH has intended to go all along and is just making you wonder!

August-Thanks for the info. on the successful rotations. Figures that I would pick one that is not one of them! I am going to print those out, too and make some notes. It will not change my choices for this time, but I may consider one of those for next time-so of course you are being helpful! :)

Megadoo-I was leaning toward the Hardcore Series Celebration-Fat Loss just because I had all the DVDs for that one. I think I will do the January 2005, but I don't have IMAX 1, MIC, CTX, StepFit, Cardio Kicks or Circuit Max, so I will have to do quite a bit of substituting. That includes subbing IMAX 3 (have) for 1 (don't have) which means I will be forcing the IMAX 3 earlier than I thought. I think I can just work up to my level and be okay with it. (Oh and to clarify, I forgot to mention that it is the Jan 05 and not the Jan 04 rotation, but I just checked Jan 04 and it is pretty much identical, so we are still talking about the same thing.) I am thinking of going ahead and purchasing Circuit Max and Cardio Kicks. I don't have SB or RS either, but they are coming on Fit TV next week, so I can get that version w/o having to purchase. I think that will be enough to complete the rotation with minimal substitutions. I'll let you know how it goes!

Jen

Hello ladies,

Today I did pilates class. We did a fair bit of ab work - as well as shoulder work. My instructor mixes pilates with another discipline that he is studying called Feltengrais (sp?). It works on stretching and strengthening the muscles around the joints. So we worked on the hips, shoulders and even the ankles when he is in Feltengrais mode.

Lora - I have that problem with my shoes also. I end up getting numb and tingly in the balls of the feet and toes. I love Ryka - but can't get them in Canada - I sometimes drive over the border to Buffalo - but haven't seen the studio shoes in Dick's or Foot Locker. I don't know any other brand that sells high cuts...so it is an issue. Also,please let us know which 'little yoga treats' you have decided on. I am still struggling to expand my yoga library and interested to hear about more. Did you ever order the Seane Corn?

Oh Meaghan - I'm having another 'moment'. What does bbl mean? :eek:
That is wonderful that you have been decorating. I haven't even begun.

Jen - I find it interesting that you use yoga for your in-between week - to help keep you motivated and in the right frame of mind. There is so much to be said about yoga - and its such wonderful affirmation to hear how well it helps. Ok - I really want to hear about the Carmen Electra dvd. I have heard that workouts like Carmen's or pole dancing aerobics are not only great cardio - but are also great for increasing confidence and self-expression. What are your thoughts?

August - With all your positive feedback on Rainbeau - I am going to have to find the dvd set!

Have a nice evening everyone.
Yve

Yve-Hee! Hee! So, you want to know about Carmen! :) It's actually really good. I've only done 3 striptease DVDs. Carmen's, Jeff Costa's, and the Art of Exotic Dancing. Carmen's is fun, but don't expect to get much of a workout. There is some effort to it, I would rate it similar to some pilates workouts. It's just Carmen and two girls doing the routine. The girls are young, but not immature-and appear to have real, professional (non-exotic) dance backgrounds/training. I guess what really puts Carmen's series over the top is the production-it's excellent, and the music-you can choose between 3 different styles-hip-hop, techno and rock. I like them all. I start off (like tonight) thinking I will just do the dancer's warm-up and move on to some yoga, and it sooo sucks you in, that I end up doing the whole dang DVD. I do end the workouts feeling more relaxed and creative, but overall I am still too inhibited to show DH anything I have learned. Jeff Costa's workout is only good in that it shows you some different moves from Carmen's. The production is only so-so, Jeff is so cheesy (he keeps lifting his shirt so you can admire his abs) and their are more girls and they are younger. The Art of Exotic Dancing is good because it has a for "real everyday women" feeling to it. It is the least workout feeling of the three and there is a lot of down time while they are explaining moves-it is not really a workout. It does an excellent job of making someone feel comfortable with some of the exotic moves-except for me of course, poor DH! :eek: Oh well, I guess I will just keep yogic philosophy in mind and keeping an open mind to it, maybe it will happen one day! If you try one of these-you must share!!!!!!

Jen

Hi Jen,

I am glad you are chuckling at my question. After I asked the question, I worried you might want to pelt me with your Cathe DVDs for asking...but was curious - and so I figure - If I don't ask - I'll never know! :)

I actually saw Carmen on Jay Leno a while back, promoting the dvd. The excerpt they showed was totally sexy and I got the sense that the dvd was more about being comfortable with moving the body rather than just a strip show.

And trust me - I know all too well about inhibitions...unless of course I have a couple glasses of wine, and one of my other personalities pounce on SO...

LOL re the Jeff Costa review re flashing the abs!

My yoga studio posted a notice that come January - they will be offering salsa, meringue, tango, and pole dancing lessons. I am way too shy to try a pole-dancing class, but after telling a friend about it, she explained how the art really helps to build confidence. Perhaps a dvd is the answer. I'd probably fall on my head anyways! Either that - or I'd trip over my two left - size 10 - feet!

Thanks for the reviews - and I will let you know what I think if I end up trying one.

Have a good night - Yve.

:+

Hey there, sorry, I'll have to make this quick, but I had to say that

>I keep thinking I will look like the "Star Wars Kid".

...that made me laugh sooooo loud. :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 OMG, that was so funny.

By the way, Yve, as for the Rainbeau DVDs, I think they are very good for beginning yoga people like me.......or as a quickie yoga.......so if you have a chance to try one out before buying it, that might be a good idea, as I get the feeling you probably don't need to go so basic yourself.

Had to come back to say that I just finished Rainbeau's Pure Sweat, and it really is nice to have a 30 minute practice. No dread factor at all and really peaceful!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.