Trying to Fit Yoga in for Sun 12-24

lorajc

Cathlete
Merry Christmas Eve -

Don't know if anyone will be around today. I know everyone's probably busy. I have nowhere I have to be today! We celebrate at my Mom's tomorrow and next weekend with my DH's family......so I'll be around.

This morning I did Ultimate Balance, Cardio & Strenght with Mindy (Gliding/Bosu) workout. I doubled timed the leg strenght segments to make them cardio based (40") and then I added on Gliding Gone Wild Floor segment x 2 (30"), cool down and stretch. Total cardio was 70" and I burned 437 calories. I then did Mark Blanchard's Progressive Power Yoga - Sedona Series - The Strecth (60") followed by 20" of Erich Schiffman's Lotus Pose DVD - because The Stretch had not one single hip opener in it and I need a few hip openers....thus the Lotus Pose DVD, as all it is is hip opening preps and hip openers working towards Lotus. The weird thing is that I still feel I need to stretch these stiff legs!!

For those of you who aren't familiar with Mark - he has his first Progressive Power Yoga series out (each one is 90 min to 110 minutes long) and his Sedona Series which is 5 discs and range from 40 min to 120 minute discs). I call him the "Cathe" of yoga. His workout are tough. I always have to modify.....but he encouraged me to do them and just do what I can and work my way up when I was first getting back into yoga. He has no music on his DVDs...just chirping birds in the silence with some chimes. I do them like that sometimes and other times, I play my own music. Speaking of music - I don't really like my Jai Uttal Ecstatic Chant DVD. I prefer the Shakti Rhythms and other one I have....can't think of the name.

The Stretch had a lot of hamstring stretches and torso stretches, back bends, some twists and forward bends...but not one hip opener which I found odd. It had some inversions towards the end....this would have been a 70% better yoga experience with a few hip openers thrown in. He does his triangle poses and then instead of keeping your one hand on the ground, he brings it up to meet your other hand and you stretch out to the side while in triangle - sounds much easier than it is. He puts different - harder- spins on many yoga poses. He does a lot of pushups in this DVD (which I omit due to my shoulder problem which is flaring quite badly at the moment)...and at one point in this DVD, he does alternating warriors switching legs and jumping and your heartrate climbs a bit (mine was 109-110).

I think if you have time to do a 90 minute practice, I highly recommend Volume 2 out of the Prog Power Yoga series is you have time for a 90 minute session. I love that one. I should have done that one today!

Need to get back to my Kundalini....as I've been sticking with traditional yoga lately doing my new Total Yoga series. I still have Fire to do that I haven't done yet.

I can't wait for Rainbeau to come out with her new stuff.

Well - I don't know if anyone's around to read this today....but here it is when you're ready. I also posted late last night. Can you tell all of my shopping's been done??

Have a great day. I'll be back later.

Hi Lora and all that follow! I will be around today and tomorrow. Going to my cousin's house tomorrow p.m. I have a s&*tload of house cleaning to do today.x(..DH is running out for coffee to give me some supergirl energy!!! :) (I don't have caffeine often anymore, so it really gives me a jolt when I have it.) For WOs, I can either be off today or do IMAX 2...what a choice of extremes, right?!? Ooooooh, DH just said he is stopping at Waffle House and Starbucks :)..good God, it is already Christmas Day at my house...better make it IMAX 2 then. Lora you have written so much (NOT complaining) that I will catch up with it all later!

Have Happy Holidays all!

Jen

Hi Lora & Jen!

DrillMax for me today...I'm hoping to try out my new Fluid Power on Tuesday, as I took the day off from work.

I've got about 20 people coming for dinner tomorrow, so today I have a few things to get ready today.

Jen: I *HEART* IM#2! Have fun!

Lora: Enjoy your day!

Happy Holidays to all!

Merry Christmas all you Yoga Superwomen!!!

Lora,

I read your brief horoscope description of your bad self. Cute. Mine is right on the money too. My jaw dropped to the floor when I read it. I likes you though. Your one cool mama! My BIL is a libra. Don't get him though.

Charlotte~~

Hi Ladies-

Tammy - did you see my suggestion of pose selection for your first try at Fluid Power? Mandala Namaskar I, Mandala Namaskar II, Backbending Vinyasa, Forward bends and twists and Shavasana. Try that one....it has a lot of good stuff for the hips. Just typing it makes me want to do it!!

Jen - don't worry........I realize I'm the only one with no life !! LOL I know everyone else is usually busy this time of the year. I'm probably the only freak here that doesn't decorate or anything.

Toasty - saw you post on the Hardcore thread that you are really sore. Didn't you do Yoga X yesterday? I remember my DH saying his legs always got really sore after doing Yoga when he wasn't used to it. He did Yoga X today. He's very disciplined and follows the program to a tee. When I did it, I mixed the weeks around a bit and I didn't do Yoga on the days they did, I did Yoga on my usual Saturdays and Sundays with my Cardio and then added extra cardio on my rest day. I would get too fat only doing the amount of cardio they do.......especially Kenpo X.....cuz it can't burn this fat butt of mine!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.