Trying to Fit Yoga In for Saturday Sept 8

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

Well, I probably should have taken a rest day today, but with all of this new job anxiety...I felt like Kickboxing and I can always take a rest day next week when I'll probably need it from being on a new job.

I did Tracey's first Kickbox workout and modified some of the jumps on the Rebounder, but I did a lot on the floor with my boot on. I then added on a little bit of Core Rhythms Merinque Mania (still not sure about these) and made the workout around 50 minutes or so. I burned 360 calories. I then did Rapid Results Pilates Waist Slimmer 10" and the stretch segment off it 10" and then did Yoga Dharma 20 minute Gentle segment and 20" Stress Relief segment.

The bad news is I still have this stupid migraine....but the good news is that the scale is down a 2-3 pounds. Not sure if it's water weight or if it's for real. It's only been a couple of days. I'm down to one pound under my "do not go over" weight....finally! Now I only need to lose about 7 more! (yea right).

Off to eat breakfast..........gonna get those Puddle of Mudd/Saliva tickets at 10 this morning! We're going to see that Christian Bale move 3:10 to Yuma (just love Christian). Tommorow's the Steelers vs Cleveland Game.....big game in NE Ohio!! Go Steelers! It's the big rival game in this area because Youngstown is an hour from Pittsburgh and about 1 hour and 20 minutes from Cleveland.....so in Y-town....you're either pro Steelers or Pro Cleveland.

Kel - ouch....LIC blasts are tough! Great workout.......and I bet you look funny walking. I also walk around funny from working out too hard! Glad you are getting back into your workouts! Re: the 2:00 am schedule. That's the time I'd like to get up...but I haven't been able to do it for a while. During my last part of working, I was getting up at 2:30 am. Since I've been off, I've been sleeping until 3:00 or 3:30 and going to bed around 10:00. When I work, I try to get to bed by 9:30 but it doesn't always happen. I only need about 5 hours of sleep a night. If I get 6 or more for a few nights in a row, I'll be up for 3 days straight. I'm a very hyper person and suffer from insomnia. I know I'm not getting enough sleep, but the only way I can get tired enough to fall asleep at night is to sleep deprive myself. It's not what I really want to do. If I could fall asleep at night, I'd get more (although then I wouldn't have time to do anything either). I'm pretty much of a "high maintenance" beauty person...especially when I'm working. I like doing my makeup in the morning and it takes me long in the shower....as I have dry skin and have to moisturize, etc. I also have to do my neck stretches in the morning and I'll usually try and do my laundry in the morning also. I usually only have about an hour to workout in the mornings. I also like to go on the computer a bit in the morning.....so all of that adds up.

Jen - so what do you think about me reviewing terminology online? You think it will confuse me more, or should I try and refresh myself with it? I'm not sure if I'm just confusing myself more since the job seems to be a really specific field.

Oh goodness, I just went into the other room for a minute and Brooklyn is panting real bad cuz her and Hollywood were just romping around. I petted her for a minute and she stopped and then started again. That is so bizzare. Cats just don't pant!!

Have a great day ladies.

Hi ladies! I actually worked out last night. Friday nights are usually my rest nights but I felt like [font color=crimson]I needed to do something considering all the other rest days I have had.[/font] I did Prevention Slim, Lean, and Strong and followed it with Yoga Booty Ballet abs. This was my first time through with both workouts and I enjoyed them. The YBB abs were very different and tougher then I expected. I just love those girls! [font color=blue]They are a hoot and really make the workouts fun![/font]

Lora-I still can't believe you can use ankle weights with Pilates abs. [font color=orange]You must have abs of steel! [/font] :) Re: terminology, I bet you could look online and start to familiarize yourself with it. I used to have a great transcription reference book that had terminology only for many different specialties. A couple of years ago, I was dong transcription on the side for a pulmonary practice. I really miss doing that-the extra money was really nice! Anyway, that book helped me pick up some of the terminology and the spellings. I can't remember the name of it now, but I still have it somewhere and if I come across it I will let you know. I think you will get the hang of it without having to do the research. It's all about repetition.

[font color=pink]Gosh you sure do get a lot done in the mornings![/font] You could be the next Wheaties covergirl! LOL! I seem to need more sleep now than ever. I would love to have some extra time during the day to get things done.

Poor Brookie! Is she doing better now?

I will BBL to report my WO.

Jen - Great pictures. You know how you talk to someone all of the time and you get a picture of someone in your head from their personality? ....well....I had you pictured somewhat different but not totally. I thought your hair was blonder and shorter for some reason. You are really pretty and the in the Avatar picture you look really muscular in your shoulders and arms!! Wow.....I'm impressed. The picture of you and your DH is nice too. You are a very nice looking couple. And .....the BABIES. OMG....they are sooooooooooo cute. I just love them. They have those EYES!! Puppy dog eyes.....how could you ever say no? Your house is gorgeous also. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you enjoyed those workouts. I have a whole box of new workouts to try....but I'm always afraid to try one and have a "bad workout" and then be mad for trying it when I need to make progress, although as hard as I workout, I guess one of those workouts a week wouldn't kill me, right?

Lora-You know it's funny that you mention it about having a bad workout with those "other" workouts. I really felt like I needed to get off my fanny last night and do something really tough since I felt good enough to workout. Well, I was shaking so badly during the Prevention one (sorry if I butchered that name, for some reason, it's the only DVD name I can't recall) that I thought ballet-type people must be the strongest folks out there! Then I thought well no... they are not...it's just a different kind of strength. Weight lifters are strong too, but in a different way. Ballet-type folks would have just as much trouble with heavy weights as weightlifters have with barre work, hence the reason it is important to cross train! You get the strengths of everything. Cardio folks are also strong (in endurance) in a different way. I would like to be strong in every way, not just in a one (dimensional) way. Sometimes I beat myself up over those workouts, but that's silly and they made for a great Friday night stress buster workout.

Thanks for the compliments! :) Wow, I impressed you-that's a high compliment since you impress me every day! :) I have lost a few more pounds since that picture. Yeah, my DH is a cutie if I must say so...and that's for the cute couple comment-we don't get that much for the obvious reasons. LOL on the BABIES! Yep, they are very hard to resist. I was going to go to work today but their pleading little eyes said to stay home and pet them...so I did. Can't say I regret it!

OK, back again. Just did Bar Method Designer Sculpting so I could pack it up and ship it back to Netflix. My DVD of the workout should be arriving on Tuesday. Wonder why Collage doesn't carry the Fat Free one? [font color=goldenrod]I liked the workout even better this time [/font], despite the fact that it was so hard! I thought I would not make it through all those butt squeezes at the end. I forget she tacks those on after the abs...when you think you are done since you worked the butt earlier. [font color=green]I used 5 lb hand weights for the upper body and that significantly changed that portion of the workout![/font] I bet 8's would be even better, but I will stick with the 5's for awhile.

Have a great night! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.