Trying to Fit Yoga In for Saturday May 31

lorajc

Cathlete
This morning I did Prevention's Walk Your Way Slim with Michelle Dozois. My HR hovered in the 80-85% of max range and I hopped on and off the Rebounder for parts to take impact off my feet. Workout was 46" and I burned 450 calories.

I also did Yoga to the Rescue for Back Pain. This DVD went back in with the DVDs I'm not sure I'm keeping. I really don't care for it too much. It has a lot of backbends and back strenghtening moves in it.

I'm feeling pretty grateful for my health today. Yesterday at work, I found out my one coworker is undergoing chemo for breast cancer and my other coworker has Lupus and just got diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and a mini stroke.

Have great days ladies. I have an eye appointment this morning and then I'm going to enjoy my Saturday since I'm not working Saturdays just yet. After I'm trained fully at work, I'll be working 6 days a week every other week.

Yve - thanks for popping in to say hi. I've missed you. Glad you and the little one are doing well.

Jen - where have you been?

Kel - How's it going?

Hi ladies! No workouts for me yet! I got my hair cut shorter today. It makes my face look huge, but I don't care! I broke down and got "the bob" that just about everyone in America is wearing right now. Oh well...it's cool and comfortable and the hair is off of my neck so I am very happy about that. :) Not much going on otherwise, just eat, sleep, pee...repeat! ;) I am 8 weeks along this week and just wore my first pair of maternity jeans on Friday. Gosh, that stuff is not flattering at all! x( But, I gotta say, they were roomy and comfortable. :)

Lora-I had no idea you were back from your trip already. I guess I should have asked you how long you would be gone before you left. Sorry about that! I would have checked the forums much sooner if I had known! How do you like the walking workout from this morning? I like Prevention's workouts and that seems like it would be one I might actually get motivated to do. Wow, six days a week at your job?!? What are the hours for those days? I hope there's a short day in there somewhere or fewer hours per day. What does DH think about your job? I am going to go get caught up on your posts.

BBL-

Yve-So glad you got to pop in and say hello! So glad everything has been going well with your little one! How much sleep are you getting these days? I have had lots of nausea, but really can't complain compaired to what others have had to deal with. Wow, that's actally great that you only have about 25 lbs to lose...with twins I am looking at a weight gain of about 50 lbs! :) :) Are you taking the baby with you on your walks? What has been the most helpful piece of baby gear you have bought or received? Any other advice?

Jen!! You are having TWINS!!!! Oh my goodness - WOW !!! That is wonderful!!! I had to laugh at the "eat, sleep, pee... repeat".... That is too funny - and so true!
I had gained a total of 50 lbs - but the first 25 came off very quickly. Breastfeeding helps alot with that, as it really puts the metabolism in overdrive. I haven't started dieting yet - I don't think it is the right thing to do while bf'ing... but I do want to start burning more calories by exercising. Yes - the baby comes out on walks with me - and he loves the fresh air.

Baby gear... hmmmm... that is a good question. I think the bassinet has come in really handy. We take it out with us when we visit friends/family - and the baby has a comfy place to sleep. As well - we had the baby in the room with us initially - and he slept in the bassinet. (He is growing so fast - that he has almost outgrown it now - but can still use it). Friends of us told us that we absolutely had to have a swing... that their kids loved being in it - that it soothed them etc etc etc... Ours really doesn't like being in the swing - but I thought I would pass that tidbit along also. Are you planning of BF'ing? I have the Medela Pump in Style pump - and it is amazing... gets the job done in no time at all.
In terms of strollers - the type that you can snap in a car seat are amazing..especially since the baby falls asleep most of the time in the carseat - It's nice not to have to wake them when you get out of the car. I think Peg Perego makes a stroller for twins - that can take the car seats...I can't emphasize how handy these are.

In terms of pregnancy - I would say - keep on practicing your yoga and/or pilates - and enjoy your walks as long as you can...I think that the yoga/pilates for me - helped make labour a relatively easy one.
I know what you mean about the maternity clothes... but aren't mat jeans sooooo comfy??!!
The baby is only 2 months - so I haven't really experimented with too much baby gear, as he is still too small. I am going to be buying a play pen, high chair etc...

Baby wants to feed right now - so I will finish this note in a bit...

BFN

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.