Trying To Fit Yoga In for Saturday June 16

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies-

This morning I did Denise Austin's Fat Burning Dance Mix (don't laugh) and then I added on about 15 minutes of Janis Saffel's Strike Zone. Cardio was 55" and I burned 330 calories. I kept my HR in the 70-75% of max range. I also did Being In Yoga with Daryl Dewald (on the beach in Hawaii ).

I bought this Austin DVD cuz I saw someone said it was fun and they were from this Forum. I love to do latin dance....so it was cool. I've always liked Denise, however, she's a trip!

On the yoga DVD, it's 90" and I only did about 45-50" of it and it was still a good practice. It's sort of advanced for me..so i had to modify. I skipped the inversions segment and another short segment.

Not sure if I'm going to a movie today as the DH is painting down at our other house since the scheduled person was not reliable.

Kel - yes, my DH and I went round and round about this job cuz he says I'll be making slightly less than my unemployment wage. I doubt there is room for advancement, as they offer a "bonus incentive" program to the medical billers.....therefore, if you pull a lot of money in the practice, you can get 1-2 dollars more an hour, but I'm not counting on anything than my basic pay rate....or I'll set myself up for disappointment. Why are you doing construction this weekend?

Jen - sorry about your weight check in. I have gained weight since I've been home from work and I'm disgusted with myself. I need to lose a couple of pounds just to be at the weight I was when I was working and I wanted to lose some weight even then. My appetite has been horrendous being on this prednisone. I'm famished constantly....but that's sort of normal for me LOL. I always look at the up and coming fitness people they list in the back of Oxygen's and look at their height and weight to see what I should weigh. I usually look at their bone structure though...as I think I may be small boned. My facial features are very tiny. I wear children's glasses and when I bought a helmet (back in my rollerblading days), I had to buy a child's size, but I'm taller 5'7"....so I never know what frame size to consider myself.

Re: job - the benefits are lousy also. Max vacation time is 2 weeks (after 2 years) - no sick time or personal days. No 401 K or pension, etc. No health insurance either. Lousy...lousy...lousy.

Re: Michelle Dozois' new DVD - yes - I bought it at Collage. However, my copy is defective. I called them yesterday and they said they were aware of the problem, as the entire batch was the same way. They will be shipping me a new one when they get the new batch and said for me to pitch the current one.....however, he also told me how to get around the glitch in it. When you press play all, it actually stops after the warmup and goes back to the main menu and you have to sit thru the beginning again......but he said if you hit skip right at the end of the w/u - it will take you to the first segment of the workout and you don't have to go back to the beginning.......so if you'd like my DVD after I get my new one, I'd be glad to mail it to you. I actually am watching my older Michelle Dozois stuff and just watched a workout that used to be a bit complex (step wise) for me and it actually looks fun. It's called Breakthru Body Blast. Are you familiar with it?

Well........I best go get my bath......gotta do my nails today since I have a job to go to. I've been so spoiled....not wearing makeup or doing my nails since I've been off and my nails have never been healthier....no chipping and splitting! Isn't that something?

Have a great day.

Hi ladies! I am taking some aspirin right now since I am still very sore from jogging. The DOMS is worse today, of course. I must say, I am most sore in the inner and outer thighs, which is right where I want to be sore-so that is good news! But, it IS making me dread working out today. I toyed with the idea of an additional rest day, since that WO through my body a big curveball, but I sorta' really would like to get something in. Well, I am off to another party this weekend...this one is Southern Living (home decor). So, I had an idea for a party...someone needs to come up with a fitness videos party. I think I would love to go to one of those. I have no idea how that would work....just a thought that ran though my mind. Of course, I was thinking of how to get out of this one, but since I went to the other one and they are both hosted by family members-I can't get out of it. Oh well...at least there will be alcohol at this one. I don't really drink much, but it should be fun to watch. The catalog had some nice items in it. I had no idea I would be talking this much about this. Anyway, I was reading/drooling over the Cathe catalog this morning and decided I would initally try something like circuits 3 X per week, interval 2 X per week (one high intensity and one lower intensity) and 1 straight cardio and see where that gets me. I am hoping I don't overeat during this rotation. I will have to watch calories carefully.

Lora-I am not going to laugh at Denise Austin. I don't particularly care for her, but I probably should. I probably would enjoy some of her stuff, particularly the newer stuff. There are some days that I just cannot handle Cathe, even with modifications. That is too bad about the billing job-benefits and all, but I forgot that probably is not as important to you at this point because your DH probably has really good benefits. I meant to ask you the other day-how long does it take you to get your flipped house on the market? I am sure some of it probably depends on how much work it needs. Oh Yes, I would love the Michelle Dozois workout, but I would like to send you something again. You can pm me what you think. (BTW, I am still sending you Hellcat-it's boxed up, but I just can't seem to get my a$$ to the post office on the weekend and we are not allowed to make any personal mailings at work.) I have heard of the Body Blast workout you mentioned-I think it's available on Netflix. So, do you still Rollerblade? If not, what made you stop? How long ago? I used to love it and would like to get back in to it.

Have a great day! I will be gone this evening to that party, but I may come back and post after my WO, but before I go.

Jen

Jen - DH & I bought Rollerblades about 8 years ago. There is no where to really go around here except the park and the trail is crowded and the blades were really fast. Since I was doing transcription for a living at the time, we sold the blades....as we thought I needed my fingers more for work than casted!! LOL. Seriously too....they hurt my feet really bad. I think they've come a long way with styles today. Actually, I've been wanting to get a pair....but don't have the money....especially now. Although, I do have benefits thru my DH, it is nice to have them at a job also.....as it cuts down on deductibles, copays, Rx coverage, etc. Gotta go get some perfume oils ready to sell.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.