Trying To Fit Yoga In for Sat Sept 1

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

Today was supposed to be my rest day....but I was in the mood for some kickboxing since this job frustration is really getting me down. I did Tae Bo Celebrity Sculpt while listening to Papa Roach Getting Away with Murder- modified some of it on my Rebounder. It was a bit awkward doing it with my cast/boot on. I did the best I could. My DH got the button unstuck on my HRM (but I'm not sure it's going to keep working). I kept my HR at about 75-80%. Cardio was 43 minutes and I burned 280 calories. I then did the stretch segments off of my Fitness Fix DVD (10") and the foam roller massage segment 15". Now I know why I don't pull my foam roller out more often (but I should) - it hurt soooooooo bad on my quads and glutes, etc. Yikes.....guess I needed it. I finished off with Yoga to Go on the Yuba River Gentle Practice 45".

Kel - so sorry to hear about the ceremony and not feeling as if your work was recognized enough. I think I remember you talking about that project a while back. Life sure is unfair! Happy Bday to the DH. I agree....you are workaholics!

Jen - so sorry you have to go thru all of this with poor Lenny. It's terrible when our "babies" have to endure such hardships. There is nothing in life that I love more than my cats! It's amazing how attached we get to them and how they are OUR CHILDREN!! I hope he can get thru the treatments and go into remission! I'll pray for you.

Our house deal fell thru....so we're in a bit of a predicament with 2 house payments and no job, etc! My DH is quite upset, as I am. I also thought I'd get a job this week at that Derm practice but no call! Now cuz of the holiday weekend, I'm losing a "job search" day! I'm not happy. The DH is going to the other house today to start cleanup work. Paint colours are no fun.....cuz money's too tight and he's using some of the leftover paint from the old house. I sure wish I'd get a job. All of this worrying and stressing over it is making me sick and fatigued. None of my oils are selling on the Forum and hardly anything sold on Ebay either........tough times! Okay....done venting.

Hi ladies! Another rough night with the pup....more of the same diarrhea & vomiting. At least he had some food that actually had digested and stayed down, so he did not get the chills this time and seemed a little stronger. We finally got him to take some more medicine this morning and to eat some more chicken. This is turning out to be a really tough time. I hope as they are able to gradually decrease his medicine doses that his symptoms subside. We were going to move my office this weekend...as we have wanted to do for the past three weeks...but I don't feel right leaving him until he is more stable.

Lora-[font color=darkseagreen size=+4]{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}[/font] to you today. What a rough time you are having.....so much going on with mom, jobs, and home projects...and to top it off, stress with the DH too. My goodness! The housing market is pretty tough right now, so I was surprised about how soon the "nibble" on your flip occurred. I am sure both of you have done a great job fixing up the place and that something will come through. It sounded like too charming of a place not to! Sounds like the job market is pretty tight where you are. Has it always been that way? If so, what would your commute look like to a larger nearby city? Keep hanging in there! You are a person of many talents! I think you have a lot of creativity and would love to see you get a job where that part of you could shine. I think it would make you happier in your career, too. It just still seems like there is some larger force at work in your life right now, considering your mom's situation and that you are there for her. I wish I had more advice/suggestions for you!

Kel-Hope you are having a fun day! Posted some last night in case you get the chance to read today.

Have a great one! I will BBL!

Jen - just wanted to say I feel bad Lenny had another bad night. I hope the treatments start being a bit easier on him. Just try to remember the "big picture" and why he's having the chemo! I know it's rough to see them go thru sickness.....cuz they are just helpless little animals. I'm sure you're a terrific Mom. Hang in there.

Thanks for caring about my problems with your own share! The job market is tight here....but the thing is that I've been getting interviews, but nobody is hiring me. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm doing something wrong. It seems even when I really try to be "perfect", I don't get the job. The nearest cities are Pittsburgh and Cleveland - Cleveland is 1 hour and 20 minutes from here and Pittsburgh is about an hour away. I have no desire to commute that far. I would go nuts. I'm too nervous driving places I'm not familiar with either. Pittsburgh's real hard to get around in cuz they have lots of hills and one way roads, etc. We've gone to many concerts there and ALWAYS get lost.

Re: the house - we have to fix some of the things on the Inspectors list that our Realtor thinks will be a problem with future bids. The inspector went over it with a fine tooth comb....so now we have to put more money in that house ....plus the new house. I guess my DH didn't count on the bid falling thru!

I was in the new house the other day. It's filthy, disgusting dirty (which is not a surprise). I still can't people live like this. All of the carpet will need replaced, as it's too worn and too dirty to salvage. It's a split level with 3 small bedrooms. It's in a nice subburb with a good school system. It is around 20 minutes away from our house. It is painted in all dark green's and red (yuck) and there is a lot of wallpaper that needs ripped down. It will need primer before painting also. The bathroom has some holes in the wall and needs tile repaired. Closet doors are missing, etc. It's all stuff that can be fixed. We checked out other houses on the block to see what they are selling for and most of them are listed at $95,0000. The school systems around here are the biggest factor in what houses go for around here. If you are located in the City....city schools are really bad and nobody wants to send their kids there...so we always buy in the subburbs.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the time off work..............give Lenny a kiss for his Aunt Lora!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.