Trying to Fit Yoga In for Sat Nov 18

lorajc

Cathlete
HI Ladies -

This morning I opted for an active recovery day. I did Yoga Booty Ballet AM Latte workout (repeated the cardio segment 3 times) and it made it a 50 minute workout. I added ankle weights to the ballet leg work. I then did the bonus Stability Ball Ab Segment off of Cathe's Butts & Gutts and used ankle weights and dumbbells (although that was sort of hard to do being that the ball was between your feet a lot and the upper ab moves were a bit awkward to do with weights. I also did Rainbeau Mars Yoga for Beauty - Dawn Series 55 minutes. (I burned 267 calories at the end of the YBB workout and 330 at the end of the ab work). I feel fat today ....so I needed to do some aerobics. I'm still bloated.

I wanted to add a 15 minute stretch but my DH informed me we have to do some running around this morning......so that was it.

I have to be sort of quick here right now....as I need to go get ready to do stuff.....but if I forget anyone from yesterday, I'll be back later.

I really enjoyed the Rainbeau DVD this morning. I should do it more often....but I still feel like I needed more stretching and I would have loved to do some Kundalini. I never have enough time.

Augsust - Wow - you got Navel Power. I have not yet done that one. ARe your abs sore? Breath of fire is hard for me. I need pointers too. I have asthma, so I hyperventilate easily and I also don't really breathe right cuz I'm a very hyper person. I need to practice it. They say to relax your diagphragm. I usually have to stop every now and again and regroup during it. I wouldn't do Wheel Pose with your head on the floor (personally - as I have disc problems). You don't want to create any disc problems for yourself and I would think if you push a bit too hard on the floor with your head, you could compress your vertebra which is not a good thing (I used to work for a Neurosurgeon). I would do (and I do) use modified wheel. To get deeper into it, I usually take my hands from the clasped on the floor position and place them up on my back and push up making my backbend go deeper. I learned this from other yoga DVDs and I really feel the backbend and am even sore from it the next day. ONce you do BOF for a while, you'll start to really like it and look forward to doing it. It seems to destress me a bit.

Julie - I get up very early in the AM so I can workout (2:30 am) and I'm trying to push it up to 2:00 am so I have a bit more time in the AM to workout. I used to get up at 2:00 but I haven't been able to get back to it yet.

Yes, I want to try the Rare Minerals also, but I don't have $60 right now. Some day.

I'm bummed cuz I just lost 2 bidding wars over at E-bay for hard to find bottles of BPAL's Snake Charmer, Queen of Spades and Trick #2. I'm so Mad.. I don't know why I go over there and bid on stuff. My computer is so slow and I can never win!! I really need an extra bottle of Snake Charmer. It's my favorite Black PHoenix oil of all time!!

If I forgot to address anyone, I'll read yesterday's post again later and I'll be back later today. I've got lots to do today. Have a great day ladies.

Oh ....the other thing I wanted to comment on was the vegetarian thing.

August - I wish I liked fish as much as you, but I can't stomach meat of any kind.

I'm only such a strick vegetarian cuz I hate meat. My parents forced it on me as a child and when I got old enough to make my own decisions, I quit eating it. I ate chicken for a while, but then I couldn't even stand eating it, so I gave it up all together and I DON"T miss it at all. I'm perfectly happy with a salad with lots of veggies and garbanzo beans for protein and green beans and yogurt for lunch! My favorite lunch right now.

I think part of the reason I hate meat might be because I was a Tomboy growing up and therefore, always wanted to hang out with my Dad.....Dad ...was an avid Sportsman and was always bringing home wild game and I'd sit in the basement and watch him skin it and gut it! LOL. Maybe the meat and not being able to swallow it....subconsciously goes back to that???

Morning, Lora (and all to follow!)

Yikes! Watching meat preparation does not sound like fun at all. I remember as a little girl being taken to a farm by my school and being encouraged (a.k.a. forced) to watch a chicken be beheaded. It was the most frightening thing to see and left a really deep impression on me and I can still imagine it vividly.

Hmm. Though it hasn't stopped me from eating chicken all the time. :p

Anyway, your workouts always leave me dizzy, girl!

Sorry to hear about your e-bay loss. Dangitall.

Thanks so much for your thoughts on my doing the wheel with my head on the ground. I guess if that were an appropriate position for modification, they'd have shown that. ;) I'll heed your advice and not do it. I'll try putting my hands on my back and push up and see if that gives me a bit more out of it. Thanks.

I've been reading ALL the threads on Kundalini at VF, and found some info on Breath of Fire. I wonder if it's all right for me to copy it here? Well, here it is:

Breath of Fire is a rapid, rhythmic, and continuous breath that sounds like powerful sniffing. The breath is forcefully exhaled by rapidly contracting the diaphragm and pulling the navel point toward the spine. The inhale occurs naturally as the diaphragm relaxes and air flows effortlessly back in without a sharp intake or effort. The inhale and exhale are equal length and usually occur 2 to 3 times per second. This breath is great as "pick-me-up" if you are feeling lethargic or unfocused. It can be done throughout your day- for 30 seconds to 3 minutes- if you need to increase your energy.

I think the biggest point that I wasn't doing was the part about how the inhale occurs naturally - that it's more of a release of the blowing out part of the breath, rather than a deliberate sniff in.

And no, my abs aren't sore. At least not yet..? Or maybe because it was my first time I was half watching and half doing? Hmm. I didn't find it too strenuous, so I probably wasn't doing it correctly. But I did enjoy it. And I like all the twisty, rolling stuff.

Okay, I think I'm going to do my Pure Tranquility now and see how that is!

More later!

I'm back! LOL.

I just finished Pure Tranquility. It was nice and I liked the visuals and Rainbeau, too. It was very relaxing, and the neck stuff in it was really nice. I can't wait to let my friend try it out who has bad neck trouble and isn't very flexible. I'm really naturally flexible (my mom who is in her 70s is, too, she can totally put her hands flat on the ground while standing up, and her posture is amazing), so I found all the stretches in this yoga very easily do-able. I'm looking forward to trying out the other ones in this series! I want to try out more pretzel stuff! :7

You know, I can't stop thinking about Kundalini. :D I guess it wouldn't be good for me to do Navel Power every day until my other Kundalini get here (whenever the heck they'll get here, which seems like it ain't no time too soon :-( )?

August - I don't see why you couldn't do Navel Power again. As long as you didn't get sore....I don't think it would matter. I wish I could lend you one cyber-ly!! LOL. Maybe you can go buy a book and it would have a routine in it. The one I read, The Eight Human Talents by Gurumukh is a very good book and I believe it has a good routine to do that is illustrated. Do they have bookstores in Japan that are written in English? Probably not, huh? If you're that flexible, you might want to get some more advanced stuff.

Lora - Oh, I wish I could borrow some Raviana by cybermail, too! :D I wrote to Amazon to see what was going on and they wrote me back to tell me that it takes a month just to process International stuff. Ugh! So if I haven't heard anything from them in another 3 weeks or so, I should contact them. :-(

There are some big bookstores in Tokyo that have a large selection of English books. But I wonder about Kundalini? Well, I think I do better with visuals anyway, so I guess I'll just have to become powerful in my navel LOL.

I do feel some very slight DOMS in my sides, and weirdly enough, in my back, but not in my navel! :eek: Maybe today I'll do the Kundalini warmup only and then try out the DVD my friend lent me - Rodney Yee's Power Yoga.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.