Trying to Fit Yoga in for Sat May 19

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies-

Today was supposed to be a rest day, but I did The Firm Ultimate Fat Burning 25" followed by Xflowsion - Live in Hollywood. Workout was about 1 hour 53 minutes and I burned 480 calories.

I liked Xflowsion better this time (even the song at the end didn't bother me and I sort of liked it - guess it grows on you). Found out that his wife is the one in the white in the front of the class with the white headband on. He kisses her when they all walk into class. She has an amazing body. Eric says she runs a couple times a week and lifts weights 1 day a week and the rest of her workouts are Xflowsion style workouts. He also mentioned that this first offering is just a "small slice" and also mentions that they are both Vegans. Intersting. I hear the ab workout is really good, although I haven't tried it yet or Body Blast.

Jen - Yes, Jeanette Jenkins Hollywood Trainer program is pretty good. It used to be one of my favorite systems (before I found Cathe). You can actually purchase it at Amazon now for real cheap. It's called "Tone Up with Jeanette Jenkins" and the series is on a 2 Disc Set. I actually got rid of my system on VHS and purchased the new DVD set from Amazon when it first came out. I remember really liking the Kickbox/Weight circuit one the best. I think the Chris Imbo Peak 10 with Fredrique would still be good today. I've been meaning to try it again (as well as some of my other VHS) to make sure I still want them. I also have the Kathy Kaehler/Claudia Schiffer ones. I actually have every thing done by Kathy, as I really liked her before my Cathe days also. Of course, you know how I am.......buy everything. I think I'm actually going to have some DVDs that I don't want after I get thru my box of "untouched" workouts some day.

Kel - try putting your body weight more on your triceps in shoulder stand. If you go into plough pose and then while your feet are on the floor behind your head, shimmy your shoulders closer together and clasp your hands (like you do in bridge pose) you can get your shoulders situated right and then lift your legs into shoulderstand and place the brunt of your weight onto your triceps and it should take the pressure/pain out of your shoulders/neck. I used to not be able to do them until about 6 months ago when an instructor explained it to me that way. I really think both are very beneficial poses.

Thanks to both of you ladies for all of your kind words about my Mom and my current situation. I'm glad I have you ladies to talk to!

Re: families, etc. My DH & I always joke that between our two families we could probably have a few good Jerry Springer episodes. Isn't it funny how there always seems to be problems in so many families?? And from what you said Kel, I guess your family could also film a Springer episode, huh? I'm sorry you don't have a relationship with your Mom. That's probably tough on you. I know I share a lot with my Mom........stuff that you can't really share with a Dad. Good thing you're close to your Dad.

I got an email from Yogalites and they came out with a Pilates Fusion workout that uses weights. I might have to order it when I find time.

We're going to a movie today and then to see my Mom. There's really nothing good playing this week. We may go to see the Ex or Georgia Rules. I'm not thrilled about either.

Take care ladies --- I'll be around later.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.