Trying to Fit Yoga in for Sat Jan 6

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies - Is anyone around today? This check in has been dwindling away.

This morning I planned on doing an active rest day - little bit of cardio and some yoga. I ended up doing Stomp 2 Step Showdown. I was going to do the Rebecca Small segment that I learned last week, but I ended up skipping to the next instructor and was going to try his as a warm up and I ended up REALLY liking him. His (Marcus Oliver Kluik) segment was off Dance Step and was so much fun. I did it a couple times thru (got a bit confused at the end, but got it a little more 2nd time thru)....then I moved onto Rebecca's segment and I ended up struggling with it a bit and had to do it a couple times thru to pick it up again (except for the very end...was confused). Anyway, this led to a 70" minute step session of moderate intensity. I burned 350 calories and it was fun.

Marcus Irwin has a website with all of these instructors from Europe that teach step and they are all on Evolution Production DVDs. He's got quite the sales gimmick with these Step Showdown and Aerobic Showdown DVDs. Each DVD has about 10-12 instructors on them with a segment ranging from 10 to 30 minutes and when you do them, you like the person, and that makes you want to go out and buy their DVD!! So I guess Marcus is no dummy. I would like to buy the Dance Step DVD now
cuz it was fun.

I think I need to stick with learning one segment at a time though as it gets too confusing. I tried to do another instructor, but was totally lost...so I stuck with the others.

Does no one else on here like dancy step besides me??

Have great workouts. I've got to go put Walmart stuff away and get ready to get my bath with my Bling Crosby bubble bar.....smells so good!! Not sure what movie it is today and then it's onto Ebay business as usual.

ETA: I forgot....got so entralled in my step discussion. I also did Rainbeau Mars Yoga for Beauty Dawn series........this felt so good. I really wish she'd come out with more DVDs soon.

Hi Lora! I should be around today. I have some errands to run this morning but should report back after my evening workout. DH is supposed to be joining me today-we'll see if he sticks to it. :) I am going to the bookstore to look for Gurmukh's book and maybe for one on clean eating. Wow, our check-in is getting pretty sparce...I guess everyone's very busy with their New Year's resolutions!?! So busy exercising and eating well there's no time to post, right :) :) Anyway, I bet you are glad this week is over and you have some time to relax and regroup from your new job. I did go over to BPAL and saw all the Carnivale stuff. It was so interesting and it looked like there was some great stuff-I wanted everything, so I had to get off of there before I was tempted to purchase. I am still really enjoying the two oils I got, and they are really plenty right now. I still have two more coming soon, and four of "DHs" (quotes in case I smell them and decide not to share ;) hee hee) coming too, so no money to spend right now. I never did find the CIA workout information on VF...can you provide a link? Talk to you later!

Hi to everyone to (hopefully!) follow....we miss you! :)

Jen

Jen,

You sure you don't want 500 oils? I lost count of mine. I think I am gonna count them all today..be back to let you know how many. lol. After the bpal, I only ordered the Ecstasy shirt/oil. Nothing else. Lora thinks I am crazy for probably passing up all the others, but Lora should know that I am ALREADY crazy for ALREADY having soooo many!!!!!

So today is kenpo x. Alittle kickboxing goes a long ways. I love this workout. Tomorrow is rest day.

Charlotte~~

Hi again! Had absolutely no luck at the bookstore! So I went to the Starbucks next door and ordered a soy Cinnamon Dulce Latte-yum! :) I will have to order Gurmukh's book online, which is not a tragedy, I was just hoping to satify my instant gratification gene and avoid the emotional/financial anguish of paying shipping charges for something. (For that reason, I guess I will look on Amazon first.) I also did not find a clean eating cookbook but my criteria is so picky, it's no wonder. I wanted something that was (1) few if any packaged food ingredients (2) organic, but foods that are not hard to find (3) pictures of every recipe (4) simple stuff that could be made quickly (30 to 45 minutes) (5) some vegetarian fare but not exclusively vegetarian. There were two books that almost made the cut-one was Bob Greene's (Oprah trainer) new book and one was Dr. Weil and Rosie Dailey's cookbook. If I don't find anything else, one of those may do. I may look in to Tosca Reno's book, too.

Lora-Thanks for the VF link-those WOs look good, especially the Kimberly Spreen Kickboxing one-oops, just typed Kickboxing with a D-LOL! :) :) Not the workout I was looking for! LOl!!! :) :) I do like dancy step but tend to shy away from it since it takes me so long to "get it". I actually used to hate step before I found Cathe.

Char-I'd love to have 500 oils-just don't want to pay for them!OMG!!! 102 imps!!! How on earth do you keep track of them all? Is there some kind of industrial-size imp holder? :) Hope you enjoyed Kenpo X!

Ok, I am off to pick the workout for DH & I for tonight...he says he's it's still game on! I think I will try to find something full body weights for tonight and I will try him on the Kundalini tomorrow night in case he needs some recovery time!

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.