Trying to Fit Yoga in for Sat Jan 20

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

I'm getting ready to go practice Symmetrical Step Solutions with Rebecca Small (new segments) and then I'm doing Bryan Kest Power Yoga. It's a rest day for me. We're going to the early move to the cheapo theatre so we can be home to colour and hilight my hair later. I don't think I'm going to fit any Kundalini in. I'll have to try to do some of that tomorrow evening.

I'll be back in a bit.

I ended up doing about 50 minutes of Rebecca's Symmetrical Step tape. I never did this coreography before and I learned the first 17 minutes and repeated it. My HR stayed about 70-75% of my max which is about 125-136. I used my lower step. I did a very small portion of the next combo as the cool down....and oh boy was it starting to get more complex or what!! I'm scared of this segment. I really have to force myself to concentrate hard when doing these, but her teaching is supberb!! The one combo towards the end of the 17 minutes was so MUCH FUN. I loved it.

I'm usually happy if I can learn at least 15-20 minutes of a complex step tape ....cuz I can just repeat the segment to make a longer workout and then I don't feel like I wasted my money. Then I can always learn the different segments at a time in the future and it's like having a new workout. I still only know the first 20-30 minutes of Seasun's Rock Steady Step!

Since Rebecca's workouts are geared for step instructors, I think I'm going to drop Seasun a line and let her know about Step 2 Success. I think she'll enjoy it. I remember when Izett's new step DVD came out and Seasun and I conversed via email about it briefly and she even said the coreography was tough for her to pick up. I think Seasun will really enjoy Rebecca.

Have great workouts everyone. I'm off to soak in the tub and deep condition my hair cuz it's getting double processed today. I worked out with Shea Oil in it. I warmed a bit in the microwave and made a hot oil treatment out of it. I usually do this every Saturday...as my hair is extremely dry, curly and frizzy by nature.

I'll be back later. I'm excited this weekend cuz that movie Running With Scissors is at the cheap theatre. It never came around to the theaters around here when it was released. It's a film by the guy who does the Nip/Tuck show and I've heard it's a good movie.

ETA: I also did 50 minutes of Bryan Kest Power Yoga - Energize series. It never bothered me that Bryan tends to talk a lot during the practice, but now that I've read people complain about it.....it has brought my attention to how much he talks....but I like him (maybe not as much as Eion.....). The outfits in this DVD are funny though. The thong backed unitards on the women!! He..he... and Bryan with his frayed jeans over his white spandex. Funny.

Charlotte - doing this Bryan Kest reminded me that I gave my 3 VHS tapes to Marietta when she used to be on our check in. If you are still in contact with her, maybe you can ask her if she'd let you borrow one of those workouts to see if you might like Bryan. Then you could buy another yoga workout. They sell Bryan's DVD with all 3 programs on AMazon for like $12 which is a good deal.

Hi all!

No yoga again for me today. I'm just taking it day by day, and if I have time, I'll add it in.

Lora: Wow! Your workouts are incredible! I have that Bryan Kest DVD, but so far have only made it through the first workout. I like Eion MUCH better.

Well, I SHOULD go do some yoga. Every inch of my body is sore. My shoulders, legs, hips, back! You name it, it is sore LOL! That fire gear is HEAVY! Let me tell ya, trying to brace yourself for the pressure of the fire hose ain't easy when you are standing on snow and ice hehe!!
BTW, for those who haven't read the other check-ins, I had a firecall last night for a structure fire.

So Lora, I agree with Tammy about your pretty cool WO's. It is always fun reading what you did. They always sound like a lot of fun. I like the fun ones too.

Tammy- don't you wish you had the time to do yoga everyday? It makes you feel so good. But like everything else, it is hard to find time for the good stuff! Hopefully you get some in tomorrow.

So, I hope my body feels better tomorrow. If I get a good nights sleep tonight (more then 4.5 hours) I should be good for some cardio. I still want to start my rotation on Mon too.

Hope you guys are enjoying your weekend. I assume Jen is still having computer problems at home.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.