Trying to Fit Yoga in for Sat Feb 2

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning was a rest day for me. I forced myself to take one since it's supposed to be my recovery week (see...I did listen...but it was very hard to do this!...as I had a step tape out to do and everything). I did Yoga Inside Out - Go Deeper with Paula Tursi. Practice was 70". This practice had a lot of twists in it and plough and shoulderstand at the end....so it wasn't bad. The only one reason I do love doing yoga on a day without cardio is that you can really feel the way the sun salutations and twisting heats the body from the inside. It always amazes me. She didn't hold the poses long enough......so I might do X-stretch tomorrow after my Spinning.

I ordered 2 new Spinervals that I just got. No Slackers Allowed and Suffer O Rama!!! They are supposed to be killer intervals. I'm scared!!

Jill - I've done the Lean P90X rotation but I tweaked it a bit and did extra cardio. I also added in Plyo X in place of Cardio X at times. I didn't really take rest days when I did if (of course). I have to modify some of the moves due to my injury....so of course, I didn't get the kind of results most people get. I think the biggest change I saw in my body after doing it was my shoulders got more cut and larger. I might have noticed slightly more arm definition and this is how I discovered my legs like lighter weight work also. Speaking of which...I really need to start getting back to adding my Lotte Berk/Squeeze and I ballet leg work back in, as well as Pilates. I need more time to work out!! Back to the P90X.. it is a big time committment and you will be sick of it by the end....but you can always change up some of the cardio and yoga further into it for variety. I think I did. I liked it though cuz I used the music off option and played my own CD's so I could rock out while working out.

Hi ladies,

Happy Saturday,

Sorry I haven't been around much - have been busy with work related meeting and such - and haven't done any exercise the last 2 days.

I will be leaving for prenatal yoga shortly though.

Will pop in later on to catch up on posts.

We were bombarded with 20 cm of snow and freezing rain yesterday.... Very very chilly. Thankfully - the city has salted the roads - and driving looks like it will be ok today.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Yve

Hi!

Today's workout with be eithe a run (if not too slippery, outside) or Core Synergistics. I am thinking of loosely following the Lean Rotation, with subs of running for cardio etc.

Lora-I am so glad to see you are taking a recovery day! Good for you, it isn't easy, but I really think it will be beneficial for you. Your joints must take a pounding with all the hard cardio you
do!

Yve-good to see you--how many weeks are you? Is the prenatal yoga helping you? How nice you have an actual class to go to.

Jill-I agree with what Lora said about p90x. I feel it's an excellent program, I have gotten some nice results ( which I will post later today or tomorrow.) I have seen alot of things 'tighten' up and lost inches. My shoulders have increased in size, due to all the pull ups. It is a huge time commitment, but it was the first rotation I have actually stuck too, and now I know why they are so beneficial.

Ok, have a great Saturday!
Carrie

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! It has been a crazy week here-- just so busy. I am going to try and catch up on posts a little later, but hope everyone is doing well! Lora-- so glad to hear you took a rest!!!

Take care everyone, and Happy Saturday!
:) :) :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.