Trying to Fit Yoga In for Sat Dec 23

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -
Today was my supposed rest day, but since I ate 5 pieces of chocolate yesterday, I had to do cardio, etc. I ended up doing Crunch with Ellen Barrett - Burn & Firm Pilates (45"). This is basically low impact aerobics with some standing Pilates moves thrown in and you hold light hand weights throughout and it ends with a very short segment for the abs. I then went down on the treadmill for an additional 15 minutes. I burned 330 calories in about 1 hour. I also did Eion Finn's Pure & Simple Yoga (45") followed by Amy Bento's 15 minute stretch.

Pure and Simple Yoga is a pretty good 40 minute practice. I like Eion's other stuff better, but this is a good one for when your time pressed.

Dude - am I stiff from yesterday or what? My legs still feel like they need stretched out. I think I may have slightly overdone it yesterday with the workout. I tend to work out like a maniac when I'm stressed and the fact that I don't have to be ready for work allows me to workout longer. I better not get too used to that.

We're going to see that movie the Museum today. Pretty soon we won't be able to go to as many movies......unless I can get a better paying job. I really don't think I can live with my DH's resentment and anger....so I guess my butt will continue to look for a better job until he's satisfied. I can't live in this turmoil with him. He's a bear (and that's putting it nicely). Not the easiest person to live with. If he didn't love the cats.......I might have to trade him in (half kidding).

Yve - PY4H - wow......can't wait for you to try this. I love Eion (as you know).

Karin - I didn't know Amazon sold workout clothes - I'll have to check it out. I might also get that other Adrienne Reed tape. Does it have lots of other poses besides sun salutations?

Tammy - Fluid Power - Wow!! I can't wait for you to try it. Please remember the learning curve. May I suggest Mandala Namaskar I, Mandala Namaskar II, Standing Backbend Prep, Forward Bends and Twists and Shavasana for your first practice and then let me know how you feel after that. It will take approx. 60".

Jen,

I will be checking in here more this coming week. Got Yoga planned at least 3x's as it is part of recovery week.

About horoscopes, my dh is a Gemini. He has a twisted evil twin so that makes us more compatible cuz I am twisted too. I get along great with Gemini's since I am Scorpio. Also I have many Capricorn friends too. Not much in common with Pieces. Nice folks, but different personalities. Aquarius, yes. Cancer and Leo definitely. Sagittarus not much so. Libra's like Lora..yes, but some are not as open enough for me. My dd is a Virgo. She drives me nuts sometimes.

Charlotte~~

Hi ladies! I am making this quick again and actually posting before my workout since I am going out to dinner afterward-hibachi, my favorite...well...one of my favorites! I am scheduled for Circuit Max and once again...don't have that one...x( ....so I am going to sub LIC.

Lora-Gotta love the Burn & Firm Pilates! Wish the toning section was longer, but oh well?! Have you ever corresponded with Ellen? She does have a website, and it's cute, but is not updated as often as I would like...I'm just a spoiled Catheite, what can I say? I was almost wondering who "dude" was-LOL! :) That's usually the 5 am "me" not the 5 p.m. "me"-I am usually more "with it" than that! LOL! :) Hope you enjoy your movie and glad you and DH are getting out together and I am sure it will help to have something else to talk about for awhile.

Charlotte-Very glad you will be checking in more here! Hope you will stay or check in more often but I understand it must be hard to do two threads...no idea how Lora does this so well...but really grateful that she started this one! Wow...Yoga X three times?!? That will really make you flexible and I think you will be surprised that it has a unique way of making you stronger and keep you safe during that monster weight lifting you do! So interesting about you and your DH signs! I'm a Capricorn and DH is Aries, so we butt heads alot (goat vs. ram) but when we put our heads together, we can accomplish anything and when we are stubborn...accomplish nothing at all! What aobut your Virgo dd drives you nuts?

Hope you have a great night and I'll try to check back later if my hibachi food coma isn't too serious!

Jen

Jen - Glad you're not too busy to check in today. You're funny!! Next time I'll say "dood"....then I'll really confuse you! No - never did correspond with Ellen.....lots of other though. You know me.....not afraid to ask anyone anything. I used to frequent Ellen's site. Do you have her Buff Girl Workout? That used to be one of my favorite workouts before I worked out with the Maniacs. Yes, there was a time when I was a little more lax about my workouts. I worked out 6-7 days a week...but I used to do intermediate DVDs and much shorter workouts....but heck, I was much younger.

The DH & I are both Libras......not good when trying to make a decision in this house, but Libras are good matches cuz we tend to take relationships very seriously.

Yes, I'm glad Charlotte is joining us....but I KNOW she won't stay....cuz she complains how much she hates her P90X yoga!! LOL. I'm hoping she changes her mind about it. That's the way I was when I first delved into Yoga......didn't really "get it" and then one day it just clicked and I got that after yoga buzz and felt really good and stretched out. Then one day, I did Stretch Max and felt like I did nothing........so I've been making time for the 60 minute yoga sessions religiously. Just makes me feel so much better.

Okay - since Charlotte started this. I'm actually a Libra with my Moon in Sagittarius and Virgo is my Ascending sign. I did a reading of the date, birth time, year, etc on www.astro.com a long time ago and I actually saved the 5 page print out cuz it describes me to a Tee. My Mom actually read it and was flippin' out. Couldn't believe how accurate it was. If you know the time you were born, date and year, you can do the analysis. It was free when I did it, but I don't know if it still is.

Here's just a few things it says: You are by nature straightforward and don't profess to more than you are (very true). ...througuout your life you will assume a reserved, quiet, analytical, critical and receptive attitude (very true). ...some selfishness is noted, howwwever, if you are able to counteract this trait with your natural helpful and sympathetic attidute..... (also very true). ...weakness tends to be worry and preoccupied to the excess ....(also very true). ...you concentrate a great deal on your appearance (told you I was vain Toasty). ...you have strong inclinations towards music, art and drama....(of course, true).

okay and one last one (there's lots more....but I'll stop on this note).....You are usually well behaved and redined, but when you can not get what you want, you become extremely aggressive and demanding (ohh.......so true).

Anyway that's all based on how the planets were aligned when I was born. I thought it was quite accurate and very interesting. If you have some spare time .......try it for yourself. It's fun.

Well...off to relax a bit and unwind from the day. Later.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.