Trying to Fit Yoga in for Sat Dec 2

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

Today is my rest day (which I have a hard time doing -- as you'll soon find out about me). I'm trying to force myself to take them though to shock my body...as I haven't been taking them for quite a long time.

I did Ravi & Ana's Dancin The Chakras - Shake Your Chakras Premix and I repeated the last 2 segments to make it 40 minutes. I also did Shiva Rea's Fluid Power - Mandala Namaskar I & II, Backbending Vinyasa, Forward Bends and Twists and Savasana for 60 minutes. I then worked my abs a little - just did the Ab Segment from Kelly Coffey-Meyers new NYC workout and used my 8 pound med ball and ankle weights. I still don't feel like I got a good enough ab workout. I may have to do something tomorrow depending on how much time I have.

Dancin the Chakras was a lot of fun today. I'm starting to get into the dance parts more and more and it really felt good on my hips, sciatica...etc. Of course, Fluid Power felt like an amazing release of stress/tension from a week of working and working out....I just love it.

I think this is my favorite yoga rest day workout combo. It felt really good. I wore my HR monitor just for the heck of it....cuz I know you burn calories even when your sitting around (believe me....I've tested that before also) and in the 2 hours and 10 minutes it took me to complete this, I burned 400 calories. Parts of the yoga had my HR up to 115-120's.

Well - I guess I can report this over at this thread.....but not at the Hardcore thread...cuz I think I'm the fattest one over there!! LOL...but the scale reported another pound lost this week -- so that's 2 pounds since I've been working my legs 3 times a week....YAY!! I hope it keeps moving....but it'll probably get stuck now! I need to lose about 10 pounds. Isn't that what most women want???

Meg - You look great girl. As I said over at Hardcore, you need to lend me your fat girl ticker now!!! What the heck did you do to get so lean through your abs and lower body? I must know the secret!!

Re: neck and shoulder issues...I know for herniated discs, they tell you shoulder stand is not good. I have a bulging disc and I'm not sure if it classifies as "herniated"....so I only do my shoulder stands modified with my legs not entirely straight up....but leaning back somewhat. I wonder if I should try straightening them and see how I feel. I remember trying it a long time ago and had issues....but I can try again.

Also - I forgot to mention one Yoga DVD that some of you might like. It's a restorative DVD so I don't do it that much (cuz as you see I don't like rest days). It's called Yoga in the Garden of Serenity and it is an hour long and has an extensive section on loosening the neck and shoulders. I got it at Fitness Organica. Maybe I'll have to do parts of it in the evening so I can let everyone know how good it is.

Well- I've got tons to do. I'll be back later. Have a great day everyone.

ETA: Altar of the Heart!! Let me know how you like it after you try it. It's 70-75 min. long. I remember the first time I did it, I loved it ....it felt good.

Morning, all! I rested last night x( and will probably still rest today x(. My eye was still twitching a little bit yesterday x( from the overtraining and I think I should not start back again until it stops. x( Opinions/Advice on this? I did preview Step Blast yesterday as I taped it off Fit TV (looks fun! :) )and I will be previewing Mantra Girl's Kundalini Yoga and also Kundalini with Gurmukh, both of which should be arriving today from Netflix. I'll catch up from last night when I check in later on.

Hope you all have a great day! (And sorry to be so x( !)

Jen

Hi Ladies!

Today for me will be B&G and then some yoga....BK as it is still the only yoga DVD I have. I did receive notice that my PY4H shipped yesterday, so next week I'll be doing that:7

Lora: I also have a hard time taking rest days and it is not unusual for me to go months at a time without taking a break. I, too, am forcing myself to take a rest day...even if it is an active rest day involving Yoga (Ya gotta start somewhere, eh?)

Jen: I work in an opticians office and yes, eye twitches can be caused from stress. If it doesn't go away, you should have it looked at. Step Blast is one of my "happy" workouts! It is so much fun!

Hey, Spasms and Twitchers! It's Neck Twinge!

Actually, my neck is all back to normal now, but it's TTOM, so I'm skipping the yoga for a few.

Lora, congrats on another pound kicked to the curb! Though I can't imagine from where you could lose 10 pounds?!

Jen, I'm looking forward to hearing about your new workout DVDs!

Sorry to be short, but I'm off to bed now.

Hey to everyone and hope you're enjoying your weekend!

Jen - sorry -- I don't know that much about overtraining. I'm trying to figure out why I've been so thirsty lately. I just know nervousness and loss of sleep and aches and pains to be symptoms. I've had lots of twitches though!!

Tammy - I can't wait for you to try PY4H. I hope you like it...I feel under pressure.

August - I carry all of my weight in my butt, lower abs, thighs and hips!! I wouldn't say I'm a classic pear in the sense that I'm grossly out of proportion, but I've been told I have a JLO butt (I don't think it's that big - I'm positive of that- but I've got the little mini version) and I have too much fat on my legs. Thus....the recent leg rotation with working them 3 times a week to see what happens.

I've gotta get ready for the movie. I'll be back later.

Hey, people pay hard earned cash to have operations to get the JLo butt. Flaunt the sucker! :p

Hi Ladies,

Happy Saturday.
I had a long day today. Woke up to very cold weather, snow, mixed with rain. But - I still made it to ashtanga class. I felt very tired today - and wasn't able to hold my downward dogs - as long as I should have. The triceps are also sore. I didn't sleep well last night - maybe that is why.

Then - I went and got my hair cut and coloured... now I feel human again :eek:
Then - off to grocery shopping, errands and then out to dinner with SO and a movie afterwards. I only just got home a little while ago.

Tomorrow - I will begin my Xmas shopping - and will take my mom out also so she could do hers as well.

Lora - tks for the advice on neck and shoulder issues. Your rest day looks more vigorous than my work out days!!Congrats on your weight loss - You look great in your picture.

Jen - glad to see you are taking it easy - Step Blast is my favourite step workout... Rhythmic Step is a close second.

August - I have heard about avoiding yoga during TTOM. What is the reasoning behind this? Just curious.

Tammy - my PW4H shipped yesterday also. Can't wait to get it.

Have a nice evening everyone.

Yve

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.