Trying to Fit Yoga In for Sat Aug 25

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did a recovery workout....Intesati....Great Body Great Life. Workout was 60" and I burned 280 calories. I also added on some extra Yoga from Yoga to Go DVD collection on the Yuba River.

Jen - Sorry - I never got back here yesterday to respond. I'm a bit depressed cuz I didn't hear back about any of the jobs I've been interviewing for. I can't understand this! I'm really being the best I can be...so not sure what's going on .

Re: the house - It does take some guts....but I think we're doing the right thing.....but I NEED a job! He has been scoping the situation out over the past 2 weeks - so -we're pretty sure they aren't living there. He's over there now and is going to cut the grass and hopefully try to get in the one broken window to check out the inside of the place.....so we can see how much money we need and see what we're up against. Legally, you're not allowed in there until you get the did, but......

RE: the doctor - - my foot is healing slow and the doctor attributes that to my activity level. I was honest with him about what I've been doing in the boot. He was not happy and lectured me and showed me how my fracture is healing with a bone callous and went on to tell me that stress fractures are serious and if it doesn't heal right, could require taking bone from my hip and putting in in the foot via surgery. I'm being a bit careful on it....but I'm still going to do more than I'm supposed to.

Tracey does more Functional Fitness type of workouts and I think her forte is ab work. She does killer ab work! Yes, I preordered.

Have a great weekend.

Mornin', Lora- I can't believe I didn't get back here yesterday to post. The day was very crazy! Anyway, so how heavy do you go on the Bar Method upper body? She said use 1 to 4 pounds. I used 3 pounds and didn't feel like I got anything from it. The lower body however, was a completely different story. Those exercises are so different...I could barely finish the reps. I also got 2 day DOMS from it. Guess you could guess that was coming, since I had such a hard time with the lower body of the Yoga Booty Ballets! :) I know the point of these is a dancer's body, so I know I am not supposed to lift "heavy", but do you think I could get away with 5 lbs or 8 lbs for the upper? Forgot to ask you, are you getting new the Tae Bo DVDs? I read about them in the most recent Collage Video newsletter-I am assuming you get that also. It sounds like he's going back to the really tough stuff.

Off to shop for more weight for my barbell and a bar pad. Don't want to be left in the dust when the new Cathes ship! I also need to get some 30's, but I will go to the used sporting goods store for those.

I am going to my cousin's birthday party later so I may be back this afternoon, but if not, then later on in the evening. He is turning 24-it was so hard to think of a gift for a guy that age. We are just going to stop by a movie theatre and just get a gift certificate.

Have a great day!

Jen

Jen - Honestly - I've only done the upper body segment on The Bar Method once and it was years and years ago.....so I can't remember what I used. I think 5 an 8's sound good. I always go heavier on upper boedy than instructors (other than Cathe). I mostly do Bar Method and Lotte for the legs and yes, I feel the legs also!

I went and applied for a part-time job (only 2 days a week) at the Hair Salon up the street (ad in paper) and stopped in on a grocery store on the way home to apply (as I heard they are hiring). I really would prefer full time, but I'm willing to do anything at this point. I don't like the grocery store, but since I heard they are hiring...I thought it was worth a shot.

I got a rejection letter from the Baking Company this morning.

Have fun at the birthday party today! It's really hot here....so try and stay cool (cuz I know it's got to be hot and humid there !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.