Trying to Fit Yoga in for Monday May 14

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Cathe's PUB followed by Pilates Abs Quicfix and Xflowsion Audio Crosstraining CD. Workout was 1 hour and 45 minutes and I burned about 430-450 calories. I matched Cathe's weights on all but biceps and some of it did not feel heavy enough. I will up it next time.

This Xlfowsion Audio was good. It had a mix of yoga, punching sequences and kicking sequences with squats and more finishing yoga poses. Got the HR up a bit and I liked the music A LOT.

Well....gotta run. Have to stop at Mom's and then I'm going up to the hospital. Hopefully she'll see the Orthopod today so we can find out how long she's going to need to be in inpatient rehab. My Mom hit the ground so hard when she fell that she not only knocked the wind out of herself, but she blacked out too.....so I don't think this is really one of those "fragile old lady breaks". She's 78, but she's pretty healthy. Still cuts her grass and works part time. That's what's gonna be so tough about her being laid up. She's very independent.

Jen - are you feeling better? Did you end up going to work? I'm so sorry you had to do all that food prep stuff when you were sick. Life really sucks sometimes. I'm so spoiled with having all of this time to myself. I'm really going to be quite a bear when I get a job!!!

Yve - please stop in and visit.

Kel- how's it going?

Hi gals!

Hey Lora... we did the same workout this morning! What time do you work out? I started a little before 6 this morning. We might have actually been working out "together". I gotta tell you, though, I haven't gotten up to matching Cathe on any of the exercises except for back & biceps. All the others, I use 10#/12#/15# when she uses 12/15/20. I was actually thinking about trying to match her this week but decided against it... & once I got into the workout, I realized it was the right decision. I'll get there someday (I hope!)...

This morning, I actually started with the PUB warmup & then put in the all cardio premix from BootCamp. I just felt like I had eaten so badly over the weekend, I needed to throw some intense cardio in before my weight work. After the BC cardio, I put PUB back in & did the rest of the workout & I really enjoyed the combination because it made me feel extra worked out when I felt like I really needed it.

Well, still no yoga so I'm feeling sorta like an imposter here. But I did discuss yoga over the weekend with a close friend who has recently started teaching. Unfortunately, she lives about an hour & a half away so I won't be able to take any classes from her. But I still really enojoyed our yoga conversation. I forgot my yoga mat again this morning & also ended up having lunch with my DH so it wouldn't have worked out anyway. But I am seriously going to insist on fitting some in SOON. It always made me feel SO MUCH better when I was practicing regularly & I know how good I will feel once I start doing it again. I will at least get my yoga mat & text routines out tonight & put them by the front door so I won't forget them tomorrow...

Lora - I know I wrote some at the top but I wanted to say what a wonderful workout it sounds like you enjoyed today. I also hope your mom recovers quickly. Still haven't taken the Cardio Coach plunge yet but I've read a lot more about it & my interest is really piqued now. It definitely sounds like something I've really got to try. What is your favorite volume & would I have to get a portable CD player & headphones in order to fully enjoy the experience (I don't have one currently)?

Jen - I haven't taken the time to read anything from the weekend because I have been so busy but I'll try to skim over the posts if I get the chance today. Anyway, based on what Lora said, I hope you're feeling better & I hope you have a good day. I guess I'll probably hear back from you tonight...?

Well, I better get back to work for now but I'll check back in later.

Kel

Hi ladies! No WO for me today and I am still not feeling well. I stayed home from work today-I just felt like I hit my stress limit. I will have to go back tomorrow....hopefully another good night's rest will do me some good. My Chocolate Passion Bowl was a bit hit at the BBQ yesterday, especially with the kids. It has layers of brownie, cool whip, chocolate pudding and raspberries. My DH even went out and bought a trifle bowl (after he looked up what it was) for me to put the dessert in. Unfortunately, I made a second pan of brownies (always do just in case one gets overdone) and they were staring me in the face all day. Normally, I am not tempted by totally processed foods (should've thrown these brownies out or sprinkled Comet on them) but they totally called my name today. x( I will get through this a stronger person.....I really will.

I went to podfitness.com on Saturday to download some more workouts. I really like Kathy Kaehler as a trainer, so I thought I would try one of hers. It was kinda' beginner. x( I had even upped the intensity to 8 out of 10 and it was still pretty slow. I think I will try another one with her and take the intensity level to 10. If that doesn't work, I will start over with the original recommended trainer.

Lora-Just got caught up on all the news about your mom. What a Mother's Day! So sorry to hear about her fall, it must have scared you something awful! She must be so glad to have you around to take care of her. I certainly hope she is feeling better soon. I can't believe she was still mowing her grass, working, etc.-what a woman! As independent as she is, she will probably make as speedy recovery as possible-I imagine she'll be more motivated knowing she has a full life to get back to.

Kel-Don't feel the least bit guilty about posting here without doing any yoga. Yoga is about the last thing on my mind right now, but it probably needs to be a little higher priority considering the level of stress I am under sometimes. Thanks for the well-wishes. No major weekend story-just letting stress get the better of me. Glad you are back to post with us today! :)

Have a great night ladies! Talk to you tomorrow!

Jen

I'm finally back from the hospital and running errands for Mom, as well as serving as the liaison to the tons of people that need to be informed about her status, as she's still working part-time and an active Church member, etc. Maybe I'll at least be able to sleep tonight. Talked her into trying 1/2 of a Darvocet N100 (she gets very sick from pain med and hates it). It didn't make her sick, but she got lightheaded, so she said she'd rather just take Tylenol. She's one tough cookie. The pelvis fractures are not hairline and that's one large bone to have fractured. I've had tons of small bones broken in my body from metatarsals to metacarpals to nasal to my zygomatic process (cheek bone) and then some! Those are all small bones compared to the pelvis and some were only hairline fractures and I know they hurt like HECK! I'm pretty sure Mom's getting transferred to an Inpatient Rehab center tomorrow....as long as her insurance covers this one. Hopefully it will be down the road from me. Not sure yet.

Jen - Stop with the brownies. I LOVE chocolate and nothing sounds better to me when I'm depressed, sick or stressed. I really don't usually allow myself to even eat one brownie, as I know I can't stop. After Easter, I went on a terrible Iced Sugar Cookie binge and just recently was able to stop. I couldn't get out of the bakery at the grocery store without getting a few. I hate that you have to walk by all of that stuff to get your bread and rolls!! It's pure torture for me. I took my Mom some caramel creams and tootsie rolls when I went to see her (as we're both addicted to them) and my DH yelled at me for taking them and said she needed "nutritous foods" not sugar!! My Mom was so happy to get them. She's taking them with her to the Inpatient facility tomorrow! LOL.

Kel - I generally get up at 2:30 am when working. Lately, I've been sleeping till 3 or sometimes 3:30. Usually I'm working out at 3:00 am or 3:30 am. Don't feel bad about not doing the yoga. When I have a job again, I'll probably only fit it in on the weekends if I'm lucky. It's so hard to get everything in. I'm still trying to figure out how to add in Pilates, more Lotte Berk/Bar Method type leg workouts, stretching etc. It's a never ending struggle.

Re: Cardio Coach - as long as you have a CD player, you don't need headphones....as long as your family doesn't mind listening to them when you're doing them, as I have to turn mine up pretty loud to hear it over the old TM we have. I don't have a favorite volume, as I like them all (believe it or not), however, they do get INCREASINGLY harder....so 1, 2 and 3 are the easiest with shorter challenges and then they get progressively harder and the intervals change in length and difficulty. The first 3 workouts are also shorter lengths and the last ones are longer. The website should have all of the specifics posted. You can also read lots about them at Videofitness, as well as searching on this forum for them.

Off to maybe do some Classical Stretch if I have time and then watch GH.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.