Trying to Fit Yoga In for Monday June 18

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Yoga Ladies -

This morning I did Jillian Michael's Frontside Circuit for Beginners. I made it advanced by going heavy with weights and making the cardio higher impact. This was a good basic circuit workout ...no frills and no stretch either. I did the stretch from Cathe's LIC. Workout was about 50 minutes and I'm not sure how much I burned as my HRM had a button stuck...but I think it was around 280 or 290 calories. I wanted to add on additional ab work and cardio....but I'm running late, as I'm not used to getting up for work yet.

Have a great day. I'm not sure when I'll be back, as I'm starting work today. No time for yoga today........so I made sure I stretched really good for the lousy 4 minutes of stretching I got to do today! I miss my yoga already!

Hi ladies! Sorry I did not make it back to the forum a second time yesterday. I put my workout off until the last minute, but once I did it-I chose The Firm Maximum Calorie Burn Bootcamp. I really liked this one a lot and will probably buy it. The music left a lot to be desired when I previewed it, but while I was actually doing the workout, I barely noticed it. I sent Hardcore Kickbox Circuit back to Netflix today. I will probably just continue to rent that one from time to time for a little variety.

Lora-Have a great day at your new job!

Kel-Looking forward to hearing about your weekend!

Have a great day everyone! BBL!

Jen

Hi fellow flexible ones!

MIA over the weekend again & also don't feel like I had any time off again. Oh well. Hopefully we'll find some time for R & R soon. Friday night, we cooked out, had a couple glasses of wine, & went to bed early so that was nice. Saturday, we built stud walls for a laundry room, bathroom, & a large closet. We also set a bathtub. Saturday evening, we had a family dinner obligation b/c my DH's DS was in town & it was her birthday... so we went over to her in-laws to celebrate & have some supper. Ended up not getting home until after 10 so I was pooped & went to bed shortly thereafter. Y-day, we had lunch with my in-laws, did a little shopping, & finally got to relax at home around 4. So I don't really feel like I had much of a weekend (again)... but maybe next weekend will be better (I hope).

This morning, I did PUB again & matched Cathe in weights again too. I also did the 4 hammer curls with 20# dumbbells before starting the bicep section since I read that advice here on the forum somewhere & it worked much better for me because my muscles weren't totally fatigued. I was able to keep much better form too. I decided to stick with this upper/lower rotation for 2 weeks, like Lora suggested, just to see what kind of results I might get. Plus, I really like the Pyramid workouts.

Lora - Good luck with your new job. I hope you enjoy it & have a good day! You asked what my DH & I were doing regarding construction every weekend & we're working on some rental properties. How is your mom doing?

Jen - Hmmm... not so sure you're going to look forward to hearing about my weekends anymore. They're not very exciting but they might make yours sound a lot better by comparison - LOL. Glad you enjoyed that workout & I hope you like the new rotation you're trying out too.

Well, I better scoot since I'm getting such a late start here today. Hope you ladies have a great day & I'll try to check back in later tonight. If I don't get a chance to post, I'll be back tomorrow.

Take care!

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was High Step Training Advanced. I haven't done that one in awhile. My legs are already feeling the punishment.

Kel-Great job on PUB! Matching Cathe's weights is awesome! She is still a lot stronger than me in biceps, but I can hang with her just about everywhere else. Can you give more details or provide the link on where you found the info on the 20#s for the first 4 reps? I don't remember reading that and you have me curious! What a weekend you had! I totally understand the feeling that you didn't really have a weekend..it seems short enough as it is even without all that going on. Do you have a lot more work to do?

Lora-I am dying to hear how your day was! I also wanted to ask you-are you going to do circuits 4 days a week? If so, how are you structure it? Is it okay to do them back to back as long as the weight is light enough or the intensity is varied enough? I am just not sure how it looks on a day to day basis. Any pointers you have would be appreciated.

Have a great night all!

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.