Trying to Fit Yoga In for Monday February 25

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Amy Dixon's Kickin' Strength. Workout was 63" and I burned 398 calories. This was basically a weight/kickbox segment 45" with 15" of core work and stretching.

Not sure if I liked this workout or not. Defintely didn't feel like enough upper body work, but I never feel like I get enough these days. Worked the legs good though. The kickbox segments were low impact and included LOTS of squatting and kicking with some punching. This had a few functional type of moves, one legged balancing deadlifts, etc. I have not been annoyed by Amy Dixon in the past, but I usually listen to my own music when doing her other workouts..............but I swear...if she said "So Good" or "So Amazing" one more time ....I was gonna go thru the TV and strangle her!

Jen - thanks for the vote for Squeeze. That's how I feel about Squeeze too. Not enough time to fit those kinds of workouts in. I keep planning on getting up earlier on the weekends so I can add them in....but it hasn't happened yet. I've been sleeping in until 4:00 am on the weekends.

Ugh.......it's Monday and I have a dental appt after work. Don't EVEN feel like going to work today. Friday was a bad day indeed and my boss told me she was going to take me out back and shoot me. She also told me that I bring out the absolute worst in her and she's never treated an employee like she treats me. She says I frustrate her to no end and that she is generally a very patient person. Nice to know that she likes me so much, huh? Geez! All that after the comments about not being able to change my personality. I guess there's not much I do that's good? yet...she tells me I have 150 more hours to work before she can hire me from the Agency. Who has more fun at work than me??

thanks for listening....

Where the heck are Jill and Carrie???

Good afternoon everyone -

No workouts to report whatsoever. I ended up with my DH's flu last week & I'm still not going to push it too far. I was feeling pretty good last Thursday but by the time I got home, I was already starting to feel bad. By the time I went to bed that night, my fever was 101.5. I went to the doctor at 9 a.m. the next morning & got my first dose of Tamiflu in me by 10 a.m. By Saturday afternoon, my fever was gone but I continued to feel like crap until yesterday afternoon. I feel much better today & according to my doc, I should still be able to have my procedure on Wednesday. Unfortunately, it looks like it will be awhile before I can do any workouts but I'm just going to try & enjoy my time off rather than stressing about it.

Lora - You asked what kind of procedure I was having & I did post that a couple of weeks ago but I guess you don't have much time to look once you get home? Anyway, I'm having a tubal so it's really not that involved but I still have to take it easy for awhile. I hope this week goes better than last week for you at work.

Hi Jen, Yve, & anyone else who pops in.

Gotta keep it short today because I have so much to get caught up on by Wednesday. Hopefully, I'll have time to visit again tomorrow... & I should have LOTS more time to visit while I'm laid up at home.

Take care everyone!

Kel - I do remember you saying you were having the Tubal...but that's no "small procedure" in my book so when you mentioned the procedure like it was nothing....I figured you were talking about something else. sorry to hear you are sick. My DH is sick too and I'm fighting it.

Lora-OMG! Was it exactly like this when you worked there before? I can't believe how the office mgr talks to you. What goes through your mind before you walk in the door to that office every day? Does the office mgr talk to everyone like that? I just wonder what you must go through to mentally prepare yourself for that. I am sorry your job is so stressful in that way. You are so right about the motivation for getting your stress out through your workouts. Thank goodness you workout as much as you do-to release the stress that job creates.

Kel-Oh Man, that stinks that you got sick anyway! Guess my anti-flu vibes that I was sending you got stuck in traffic or something! :) Hope you feel better soon. Hopefully it won't develop into the full-on flu so that you can recover much faster. It's a good thing you went to the doctor when you did. I am glad you are not worrying about the exercise downtime post-surgery. The downtime can be beneficial too. You'll be picking up those 30's again in no time! Will you have lots of reading material to catch up on or movies to watch during the time you are recovering? Being at home is yucky sometimes, but if you get to do some of the things you love, it can be kind of nice sometimes too.

Oops, ladies-almost forgot to post my WO for tonight. It was GS Triceps and MIS Triceps. I followed it with Cindy Crawford's Next Challenge-ab segments only.

Have a great night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.