Trying to Fit Yoga In for Monday Feb 4

lorajc

Cathlete
This morning I did P90X+ Total Body & Abs & Core. I used my pushup bars and arm slings for abs. This is the first time I wrote down my weight, etc. I think starting next workout - I'm going to start lifting heavier and doing less reps....as I want to change it up a bit and I'm not sure the lighter weights, more reps are cutting it. I'm also going to add weight to the ab work also. I finished the workout with 30 Kettlebell swings cuz I need to practice my form on these and I really feel it in my outer glutes from these the other day. Workout was 80" and I burned 468 calories.

Last night I did Flexible Warrior ...the restorative practice. It was really nice. I loved it. Too bad these DVDs are so expensive...as I'd like to purchase another one. The music wasn't all that great but it had great pose selection.

I ended up buying a couple more KB's yesterday. I got a 20 pounder and 25 pounder. I figure that will be good to see if I enjoy them and give me a good weight to practice good form. I have the Goddess KB workout coming, KB Bootcamp with Shanahan, Iron Core with Sarah Lurie and a set from Steve Cotter....Extreme KB workout....yikes! I hope I like them, as they were expensive.

I'm tired and not ready to go back to work....but I'm grateful I have a job to go to ...especially since the unemployment rate is so bad right now and it's BEEN bad around here for a while.

Jen - good luck with your IVF stress. Just remember why you are going thru this and we all hope for the best! Not that that makes it any easier to go thru!

Carrie - I hate going to baby showers.......game or no game! LOL.

Have a great day ladies.

Good morning everyone -

Sorry I was MIA for a few days last week. I just got busy & couldn't find time to post. In fact, I had a long post ready at one point but I got called away from my computer & when I got back to it, I had to log back in... & lost the whole thing! Then it was so late in the day that I didnt get a chance to rewrite it. So I got a bit frustrated & decided to just get back into it this week.

I finished out week 2 of BBC on Thursday & did a practice from Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti on Friday. Saturday, I grouted over 600 square feet of ceramic tile so I was really sore yesterday & I'm still feeling it today. I am sticking to my plan of taking a rest week of sorts. I'm just doing shorter, less intense workouts with lighter weights & more of a functional fitness focus. This morning, I did Gaiam's Balance Ball Cardio workout & really enjoyed it.

Lora - Great workout this morning. I'll have to look into the Flexible Warrior workouts because I'm ready to purchase some more yoga DVDs now. Just wanting some more variety since I'm doing a lot more now. I really don't want to be here today either but I'm also glad to have a job so I guess we just need to be grateful for what we do have in our lives.

Well, it sounds like I have some catching up to do. I'll try to go back & see what I've been missing & come back later. Hi to Jen, Yve, Carrie, Jill, & Brighton! Hope to come back & catch up with everyone a little later. Take care!

Good morning ladies :) Wow, what a busy weekend! I didn't get my workouts in on Fri or Sat but I totally kicked butt at going through some things and cleaning my house.

This morning I started my week with Push Pull and I think I will try to get in a Namaste workout a little later. But for now, it's snowing and so I have to head to school a bit earlier than normal.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Hi Ladies--did everyone enjoy the Superbowl??!!?! So exciting.

Today is Shoulders/Arms. I am starting a Lean Rotation now.Remind me not to complain about this. I did a blog, for anyone who is interested, on my first voyage in p90x land. The link is http://bella211.blogspot.com/.

Lora-the baby shower wasn't too bad. We got out of there in under 2 hours. Only had to play 2 embarassing games.

Jen-best of luck with IVF. I will be praying for sucess.

Kel-you seriously grouted 600 tiles? I am bowing in your honor.

Jill--It's supposed to be yucky weather here too. Fun for driving.

Carrie

Hi again -

Well, I didn't do so good for lunch but this is the "week before" so I think I just feel like eating bad stuff right now. I did eat fairly healthy for breakfast & I'm going to make big salads for supper so hopefully that will help balance things out.

Jill - Sounds like you got a lot done over the weekend & got in a good workout this morning too. Please drive safe in the snow & I hope you fit in some yoga later.

Carrie - WOW!!! I think you looked good before but what a transformation! You look great & I'm sure you're very proud of youself. I grouted 600 square feet of 16" tiles... but I guess if they were 12" tiles, there would have been 600. I was on my hands & knees all day. I'm so glad it's over!

Well, we've started getting some yucky weather here too. When I left for lunch, it was still bright but now it's almost dark & pouring rain. Not sure if I have an umbrella or not. Probably not...

Hi Ladies,

No workout for me today. Don't even feel like taking a walk! I came down with a cold last night - and am not up to my game today. I did go to pilates class yesterday - and was so happy that we did a lot of work with the foam roller. My shoulders felt great afterwards.

Lora - What is a kettleball? Is it the same as a weighted ball? Hope you have a good week at work this week.

Carrie - I went to your blogspot - you look amazing. The P90x sure made a difference. Congrats. This is funny - I had to go to a baby shower yesterday afternoon also! I did get home in the late afternoon - and was able to watch the game. I was happy to go to the shower though. The baby was conceived using a surrogate - and the DNA of the couple... the surrogate simply carried the baby for the nine months. Modern medicine is amazing. Re your question about prenatal yoga. Yes - it does help. I am at 32 weeks today - Though the poses i can do are limited - i really look forward to the stretching and lengthening of the yoga practice. I also love pilates. I find they both help. My hands and shoulders have been very sore - I have developed carpal tunnel with the pg - and so I look forward to loosening the shoulders, arms and chest.

Kel - Hope you are well. I can so relate about being busy. Wow - that is amazing that you did all that work with the ceramic tiles yourself. Good for you. Are you doing this as a home reno project - or is it a hobby of yours to be doing upgrades?

Jill - Kudos to you for getting the house done! It must feel amazing to have it out of the way.

Jen - Thinking about you - and hope all goes well with the IVF. Pls stay positive - and remember to imagine a good outcome - Sending good vibes your way.

Yve

Back one more time before I leave -

Yve - Sorry you're feeling a bit under the weather & I hope you feel better soon. Glad you got to fit in some pilates using the foam roller yesterday, though. I can't believe you're at 32 weeks already. Seems like the time has flown to me (maybe not to you, though). It really won't be that long now, will it? My DH & I own several rental properties so we work on them every Saturday. We do different things depending on what kind of upgrades that particular property requires. This one is being totally remodeled. We've been doing this for 2 years now & I'm hoping for a break soon.

Hope everyone has a great evening & I'll be back tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.