Trying to Fit Yoga in for Monday December 18

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I overslept a bit and didn't get up until 3:30 am. I did Butts & Guts - Leg Blast Premix and the Bonus Stability Ball Ab segment. It took me 1 hour and 20 minutes to complete and I burned 350 calories.

I have to go back and look at the Hardcore Fitness Maniacs check in yesterday and see if this is the premix that Diane Sue said was tough.....cuz it was really tough. I was starting to feel nauseous towards the end of it. This was a real leg and butt burner and we did 2 sets of Firewalkers!! Yay! I figured I needed something tough to help me get thru this interview today. Speaking of which, I'm already sitting here in my dress clothes (an itchy turtleneck....yuk!) and my Bare Escentuals makeup. I get lazy when I'm not working and didn't even want to put my "face" on.

Karin - I'll make sure I report back on Adrienne Reed. I think they sound good because of the different workout lengths. I never let a DVD that sounds too hard deter me from getting it. I usually have to modify some of the poses due to my injury anyway. I'd rather have something that's too hard cuz it's better to have to modify down rather than try to figure out how to make somthing harder (IMO). I hope I like Adrienne, as I've never seen her in action.

Yve - Are there any particular Feltengrais exercises that you could explain (easily) that would be beneficial to my neck and shoulders? Is there a website you said I could read about it? I can't remember if you spoke of one or not. Was Apocolypto good? I don't mind violence as long as there is plenty of action and a good plot. We'll probably see that next week.

Tammy- Are you out Christmas shopping? You haven't been around much. You must be busy.

August - Welcome back! You were missed. I hope you had a good trip and had fun. Do you tavel for work? Yes, I remember the first time I did that Seasun step DVD. I wanted to give up, but the ladies over at Videofitness told me to stick with it and learn it cuz of how much fun it was once you learned it and they were right. I think I practiced every Saturday (my rest day) for about a month (I also did it once during the week lso0 and I kept getting better at it. I broke it down a bit. I usually learn complex DVDs like this in stages. I think it took me about 3 months to get most of it learned. I can always depend on it to cheer me up. I love Seasun, the music and everthing about that DVD. My favorite combo is the Goofy Foot, Spin Your Basic and Over to an Up and Back. I could do those Spin Your Basics forevery! Another thing I always do when I'm learning a DVD with turns - - Learn it facing the front and then add the turns aftewards. I also like Seasun's style. She does bouncy step! You can really get your HR up there when you learn this DVD also, especially if you put that bounce in your step like her/

Have great workouts everyone and I'll be around until about 10:30 am. My interview is at 11:00 am. Off to check the job websites.

Goodmorning ladies,

Tonight - I will do Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti -Maybe Lunar Flow. I will be baking cookies most of the day - and am looking forward to it. There is something about baking that makes me loose myself in it. I find it so relaxing.

Lora - Here are some of the feltenkrais exercises we do:
Lying down, with your legs stretched out, stretch your arms up over your head, behind you, fingers facing eachother, now move your rib cage to the right, as you move your arms to the left. Do this a few times, and then move your head in the opposite direction of your arms -= so in the same direction as your ribs - after repeating a few times - go back to the original way. The movements are very subtle, it isn't necessary to move the arms and upper body too far to feel this.

Another one we do - is lying down - legs bent - we stretch one arm up (90 degrees from our body) and glide the shoulder blade up as far as you can, then do the other arm. Then - as you glide one arm up, cross the other over so as to be 45 degrees from the other - and make sure you are gliding the shoulder blade as you cross over...so alternate a few times with the other arm. Then touching the finger tips together take them side to side - to the 45 degree point across your body - arms straight. In other words - with your fingertips together - you are pointing to each of the side walls - alternating back and forth. Then, after doing this a few times - you drop your knees the opposite direction of your arms..so - alternate this position a few times, and then - move your head in the direction of your knees - so a 3-way twist. Alternate sides five or six times. Lastly - although your body is going in 3 directions, your head in the direction of your knees - and your arms opposite this... you avert your eyes in the direction of your arms, although your head is in the direction of your knees. This is a bit of a weird one - but is pure feltenkrais.

A couple of great hip exercises we did yesterday were as follows:

After doing regular pilates spinal twists, and stretches, we were lying down, legs stretched out, place your right foot on top of your left leg, and press your right knee across to the left, still keeping the foot on the leg. Hold the stretch for a bit and then do the other leg. Alternate with the right leg 2 times. Then, place your right leg on the left side of the left leg, foot on the floor, and press your leg down to the left. Again - hold the stretch for a bit - and then alternate with the right leg a few times.

Then - with your legs bent, glide your right foot back and forth a few times to the left side of your left foot. Then, place your right foot sideways and slide it up as close as you can to the bum, and bridge up a couple of times, then as you come down from the bridge, try to sit on your foot - and hold the stretch for 10 seconds or so. This feels great on the hips and lower back.
Then follow the same sequence with the other leg.

Feltenkrais involves very subtle movements - you don't have to go too far in the movements to feel the stretch..

I will ask him for some more exercises for neck and shoulders though.. these are the ones that I remember best.

I did like Apocalypto - it is a story of the ancient Aztecs - How one tribe was invaded and captured by another - and one man's quest to get back to save his wife and son. It is violent - I actually had my eyes covered for several scenes - but I think that Passion and Braveheart were more violent.

Karin - I hope everything goes well with your procedure - and you heal quickly. My vacation so far is trying to catch up on things at home, cleaning, Xmas shopping and baking etc...I think that the week between Xmas and New Years - I will do a better job of relaxing. :)

August - nice to see you - hope you had a great trip. Was it business travel? Where was it that you went to visit?

Hi to Maeghan, Tammy, and Jenn.

Lora- I can't wait to hear how the interview went!!

Yve- yeah, I want to see Apocolypto too. Looks good. I loved Braveheart too.

Karin- me too hoping your procedure goes well, but atleast you have a bit before it is done. Enjoy your visit with your parents.

August- glad to see you back! I still have to get Seasun's SUS. Lora and Diane Sue seem to really like it. I like all the choreography in some of Cathe's. Feels good when I can get them down pat!

I haven't done yoga in forever! I am so enjoying the new series, but I haven't had time to WO until after 8pm, and after Cathe, it gets so late. My days have been busy. I am not giving up on it of course! I rested yesterday, and hope to do a good one tonight.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Interview went well, however, I'm in the midst of a huge fight with the DH. He's packing his things. Says he's going to leave. He's upset that I was offered such a low wage and that I'm actually considering it. I will know for sure if I'm being offered the job on Friday. I don't quite know what's going on with the DH or why he would even think of leaving me at a time like this in my life just cuz I got offered a job making $3 less an hour than I was making. I'm very upset right now. NOt feeling well. I'm going to my Mom's for dinner alone. I'll be back later. I don't understand what I did to deserve this or what is going on.

Meg - thanks for the card and kind words.

Yve - thanks for the explanations above, although right now I can't even comprehend them. I'll have to try reading them another time.

Lora,

I hope this all works out for you.

Hopefully your DH just needs time to think things through this evening, and will realize how stressful a position he has put you in. Hopefully he will realize his mistake. You certainly don't need the additional stress right now.

Take care of yourself.

Yve.

I finished my WO finally. I did the Cardio and Weights premix from BM2. I really liked this one. The step portions kicked my butt tonight! Didn't hydrate enough today. Shame on me. I matched Cathe's weight on everything. Those shoulder presses with 15#s was hard, but I managed. And the last 4 or so concentratin curls were tough, but I pulled them off too, barely. Great WO.

Lora- your welcome! I hope it atleast put a smile on your face, even if it was for a short time. I hope you get some rest tonight and that tomorrow treats you better. I am sure things will be alright with your DH. You guys just need to pull thru this stressful period.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Lora – I love CC v 6. I just did it for the first time on Friday and I was dying and really ready for it to be over with. I am sorry about the DH problems. Hopefully things start working out for you guys.

August – Welcome back!!

Jen – You are very observant, I did change my avatar. Sounds like you had some great workouts while you were away from the boards. Great job. Thanks for the good knee vibes.

Megadoo – Wow, you are doing a great job with your workouts too. I love the bonus stability ball ab section of B&G. I think that it is my favorite ab section of her newest set of DVDs.

I have been having some eating issues lately. I can’t stop!! What the heck is wrong with me? I had 6 cookies today. Blah! They were really yummy and it wouldn’t be so bad if I didn’t have junk this weekend too. I feel so gross. The holidays need to be over with very soon.

My workout yesterday was revised CC v 2 on the elliptical and today’s workout was icycle 13 (30 min) on the bike plus an additional 15 min. Also, lots of PT exercises both days. I am doing so bad with trying to fit in yoga. It isn’t even on my radar right now. I just don’t even feel like I have any time to get in my other workouts. I am hoping after the new year things change and I have a little bit more free time.

Tomorrow they are calling for a blizzard here in the Denver metro area and are forecasting 2 feet of snow. Ugh! I am taking the bus to work so at least I won’t be driving, but it is going to be a long one. Maybe I will have off work on Thurs!

Hello to Tammy and Julie. How are you ladies doing?

Karin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.