Trying To Fit Yoga In for Monday 5/7

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Tracey's Sculptfest 60" followed by Cardio Sweatfest premix (part kickbox & part hi/lo) for about 30 minutes. Workout was about 1 hour 35 with cool down and stretch I burned about 420 calories. I also did Classical Sttetch for Back Pain relief 30".

Hi to everyone. Have great workouts. I've got to get ready to take Brookie to e Vet for an injection.

Jen - so you like the YBB Lie's??

Yve - House hunting?

Gotta run. Taking Brookie to the vet for an injection.

Good afternoon everyone!

Hey Lora, great workout as always! Hope everything goes okay at the vet. Gotta love those furry children!

Jen, I guess you know now that I still don't have time to post on the weekends but I'm sorry I couldn't reply when you asked.

Yve, HI if you pop in later.

This morning, I did HST & loved it. I got that DVD in March,at the same time as PUB/PLB, so I'm just getting around to doing some of my new workouts. This week, I decided to go back to my traditional rotation (M=circuit, T=cardio, W=total body weights, TH=cardio, F=circuit) since I was hooked on PUB/PLB for about 4 weeks. I got wonderful results from that upper/lower body split rotation but I thought it would be a good idea to change it up again. Maybe I'll start alternating weeks. What do you girls think? When I did PUB/PLB, my rotation looked like this: M=PUB, T=cardio, W=PLB, TH=cardio, F=circuit or total body weights. My DH & I are involved in a lot of construction projects during the weekends so I tend to get plenty of exercise then too.

Still no time for yoga since my DH injured his foot. I don't think I said anything about this last week but he broke the big toe on his right foot in 2 places & the toe next to it is also fractured. The orthopedic said his big toe is in about 4 pieces & it looks like somebody bashed it with a hammer. But he injured it while putting the lid back on the hot tub, something he's done a hundred times before. Somehow, he tripped & ended up in the hot tub with all his clothes on. He said it all happened so fast, he didn't know exactly how he injured himself but he immediately knew how bad it was. That was a week ago last Saturday so I've been doing all of my chores, plus his. Tonight, I think I may need to till the garden for the final time, brush & vacuum the pool, PLUS cook supper, do dishes, & do some laundry. Goodness. I would love to fit in some yoga at least one evening this week but we have a meeting to attend tomorrow night & there will still be more laundry to do later in the week. Maybe I'll bring a yoga mat to work & do it during my lunch hour. I've done that before & it worked out just fine, although I did receive a few strange looks from co-workers when anyone would walk by. My cubicle is somewhat secluded but I don't have a door so I don't think there's any way around it. Still, that would be a great way for me to fit in some much needed yoga so I think I might just do it!

Well, I guess that's it for now but I'll check back in later. I want to say again how nice it is to be back & I hope everyone has a nice, uneventful Monday afternoon.

Kel

Hi ladies! Tonight's WOs were Minna Lessig's Fat Eliminator followed by Quick Fix Cardio Kick all segments, to bring the workout to one hour. I got home late, but still had good energy for my workout and put as much effort in as possible. I have noticed that if I eat a bigger breakfast in the morning-it fuels me much better, even through the afternoon & evening.

Lora-I am definitely warming up to the YBB Lives. They are so great for a change of pace and always put me in a better mood. I do wish they would come out with something ever so slightly more intense, but I know that is not their style. I really, really liked the Advanced series Booty sculpt one. Talk about some exercises I have never done before! I can see why you got such great results doing more nontraditional leg work. It's sorta' like that for me with abs, too. I always notice better results with Pilates abs than with traditional abwork.

Kel-Your rotations look really good to me! I am glad you are enjoying your new videos. Just can't go wrong with any Cathe's. I am so bad about comparing everything else I do to hers. I don't have any rotation advice for you per se-since I am still rather new to them, but Lora has been doing rotations for a long time, so I am hoping she will chime in here. Sorry to hear about your DH's toe...and all your double chores as a result! Funny that the injury was not construction related but hot tub related! LOL! :)

Yve-Where are you, girl? Did that computer of yours finally crap out on you?

Have a great night everyone. Got no sleep last night and so I am going to bed early tonight!!!!!!!

Jen

P.S. I am not checking my spelling so I hope it's right.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.