Trying to Fit Yoga in for Mon Dec 11

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Barry's Bootcamp Legs & Butt followed by Mindy's All About Legs with Gliding Discs and Barry's Bootcamp Abs from Arms & Abs. Then I went down on the treadmill for 15 minutes and power walked and then did Cathe's Stretch from Legs & Glutes. I finished with Sun/Moon Segment from Namaste Yoga. Total workout was 2 hours and 10 minutes. I burned 414 calories at the end of the stretch after the leg workout and walking part.

I also did some Kundalini Yoga last night....Ravi & Ana's Fat Free Yoga Cleanse - Warm Up and Tear Out the Toxins. This was a very strange yoga session. Lots of breathing thru a curled tongue and arm movements, twisting movements. I was feeling different sensations. This is one Ravi & Ana suggested for my sinus problems as they said sinus and liver are related in yoga and this DVD detoxes your liver.

My legs, butt and hips got pretty sore from that Gliding I did yesterday, so I'll definitely be adding that into my rotation more often. I never realized what a great leg workout that is.

My DH is off today. I'm going to try to get a doctor's appt and if I can't - we might go to the cheap theatre. I have lots of stuff to do today though. Must go thru my perfume collection to see what I'm willing to sell for some extra income in the near future.

Tammy - I'm really not "that" knowledgeable....it's just stuff I learn from the instructors saying that sticks in my head. I always get a sanskrit name from my yoga session stuck in my head and thus it becomes the word of the day, as I walk around saying it all day....LOL. Yesterday's word was Basestashin (however the heck you spell it??). I'm a freak....I know.

Jen - One thing you'll learn about me is that when things get particulary tough in my life -- I tend to work out like a maniac and throw myself into my workouts. It's my escape from the harsh world. I'll probably be adding in a 2nd aerobic session during the week while I'm not working either....but I'll probably do some of my easier, older stuff that never gets used and I'll probably also add in some Pilates while I'm not working. Last time I was unemployed and trying to find work (for 5 months), I lost about 6 pounds doing double aerobics.

For those of you that have done Eion's PY4H....have you seen the part with his little dog sitting on his little doggie yoga mat up on his hind legs like he's trying to do yoga with them?? It cracks me up every time. I also crack up on this one part where he's running around in wild circles on the beach as they do yoga!! That's quite the life.

I went on a small buying binge last night at CD Universe. I ordered the 2 new Shape Boutique Bootcamp workouts, Yoga for Surfers 1, Total Yoga Original, Total Yoga Fire and Total Yoga Earth. I also got Yoga on Demand (newer one - can't remember who's in it). That was my "pity" buy.

Have a great day and I'll be back later.

Good morning. SOrry to have been MIA lately. Not feeling well, busy, PMS, need I say more??? But I am back, unfortunatly with a sore throat, but it's all good.
I rested yesterday.

Lora- sounds like you will be pretty busy. Looks like a pretty good pity buy. Have fun with your WO's, just don't overdo it to the point of an injury. You know your body. I am still keeping you in my thoughts adn wishing you luck with finding that job.

Hello to everyone else!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

I meant to comment on the Namaste Yoga. This is the very first time I used it. It is basically the first season of Namaste Yoga on 3 DVDs. I guess it's on Fit TV...but I don't get Fit TV. These are raved about on Videofitness so I purchased them. I have mixed feelings on todays workout. I'm hoping some of the other ones are a bit more strenuous. I also will probably do 2 back to back next time. She called poses totally different names than what I'm used to. What's up with that. Standing splits were called "thread the needle" and low lunge was called "monkey pose".

Goodmorning ladies,

I have been crazy busy over the weekend...and havent had a chance to check-in - or catch up on the weekend check-ins.

I will do so today and will be back tonight.

Hope all is well with everyone...

Lora - have been thinking about you, and hope you are feeling a bit better.

Have a nice day everyone.
Yve

Hi all! Tonight's workout was Pyramid Lower Body. I have MIC and CTX upper body and Step Fit for thurs, fri, and sat but I don't have any of these workouts. Does anyone have any good substitution suggestions? I have all of the hardcore series (except extreme) and all four of the new DVDs. I also have SS, PP, PUB, ME, and PH taped from FitTV, which means no premixes available on those.

Lora-Your Kundalini from last night sounds very interesting! Were the sensations you were having physical or emotional? How did you feel after the WO was over? It's cool that you were sore from the gliding, I'd imagine it comes pretty close to the benefits of Rollerblading! When things get tough for me depression-wise, I usually sleep excessively and tend to stop working out. I am hoping those days are behind me.

Tammy-My hips are very tight, too so I can relate to needing improvement in that area. That's so neat you went on the Cathe Roadtrip! :) Go ahead and tell me how truly awesome it was! :) I am assuming you would go again in a heartbeat!

Karin-"But I think I burned a million calories while babysitting just running after the child!"-LOL!!! :) :) So, have you tried Yoga Radiance yet? How was it? I think Yve ordered that one, too.

Megadoo-I'm PMS too and that was the reason I was off for a couple of days-just too moody to even have a discussion! My DH has just about had it with me. I'm normally not much trouble to put up with, but this month-WATCH OUT! Do you tend to adjust your workouts during "that time" or do you keep up the same intensity?

Yve-Have you received your new workouts yet? If so, have you tried any of them? Crazy-busy sounds interesting! Whatcha' been up to?

Hi Julie! How was your day?

Take care everyone! Talk to ya' later!

Jen

Well, I decided on B&G tonight. WHOA NELLY!! I have never had the shakes SOOOO bad before! When I got up after the ab work, I almost fell over! Really, I did! I LOVED this WO. I actually tacked on the bonus stability ball ab WO too.
OK, that move where you lay on your back, arms out to the sides, feet straight up, then you lower legs to one side, back up, other side...... can you guys do them??? I really can't go down far at all before my shoulder comes up. Guess I really need to work on that one.
Otherwise, Great WO. I matched Cathe's weight since I didn't know what I was in for. I did start out with 5lb ankle weights, but had to lower it on the inner thigh work. My right leg just was NOT going to lift the 5#s! LOL!
Can't wait to see how I feel tomorrow.

Jen- I don't really alternate my WO's during PMS, unless I am too fatigued, and then need to rest. I rested yesterday cuz I was just beat. It is weird that I still have those PMS issues here and there cuz I don't have a period anymore since I had the IUD put in. It just sneaks up on me ya know!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Wow Lora, I got tired just reading your workout today. Great job! Did you go see a holiday movie this past weekend?

Megadoo – ugh, PMS! I hope that you are feeling better. Great job tackling B&G. You are so awesome, adding on the bonus abs too.

Yve – Did you do anything fun on your crazy/busy weekend? Did you get your amazon order yet?

Jen – PLB is such a leg fryer. By the time I am done with that I can barely make it up the stairs to take a shower. I didn’t try yoga radiance yet (I am such a fart-around sometimes), but I did preview it. The lunar sequence looks pretty good and I am excited to try it. The one crazy thing was that the woman that is doing the yoga has all of these candles around her yoga mat while doing the yoga practice. Could you imagine? I would burn the house down before I even struck my first yoga pose. I am not sure about your substitute question. Maybe for MIC you could do the cardio premix of Drill Max and the hi/lo from SJP? Also, any step workout would sub for Step Fit. Maybe the cardio premix of Body Max 2? I don’t have CTX, so I am not sure about what to sub for that.

Julie – How are you doing?

Tammy - I am so smitten with Coach Sean. I just purchased some most of his mp3 workouts and he is just so great. Nice voice and very motivating. How did we do cardio machines without him?

Tonight I did CC v 4 on the stationary bike, inner and outer thigh nautilus, leg lifts, and wall squats. My legs are on fire right now and I finished working out 30 min ago. I am going to do some stretching and take a leg break tomorrow. I am planning on doing LIC upper body and some abs. With focusing so much on lower body strength with my PT exercises, my upper body strength is in the toilet! I am trying not to get too upset about it, but it sucks!!!

Karin

Hi ladies,

Tonight I did a restorative yoga class. I have been really sore in my neck and shoulders, and this class was just what the doctor ordered. Lots of twists and also - did a really nice chest opening move with the blocks. It felt good as I wasn't feeling like I could do anything too strenuous.

Lora - I think it is amazing that you are able to use exercise to get you thru the tough times. I find that when things are tough for me - I just don't have the energy to do heavy aerobics and such. Also - fwiw - I think you made the right decision also wrt to taking your sick time. I can't believe the nerve of your company expecting you to train your replacement... If it were me - I'd accept only after I had taken my severance - and would contract out my hours - at an hourly rate I had chosen.

Jenn - Glad you are feeling better today. My weekend was busy bc I went up north on Friday night - and shovelled snow (1.5 ft of packed snow) from the driveway of my brother's cottage for two hours.... then Saturday - had an early morning appt - afternoon errands/shopping - then a Xmas party in the evening which lasted till 4:00am. I got home at 5:00am, and was too overtired to sleep. Sunday - I had to take my dad to the doctor - thankfully the med centre he goes to had a dr on call...as he was beginning to catch a flu bug - he has COPD and a flu can be quite serious for him. Then went house hunting with my SO most of Sunday - we were both feeling just zonked from the late night...and got home at 10:00ish. I am actually still zonked today - but hopefully will be better tomorrow.

Maeghan - I think you just instilled the fear of God in me with respect to B&G! Ack! I didn't know that an IUD will cause periods to stop. Is this a common side-effect? WRT PMS - I would think that if you are still ovulating - you would still be susceptible to those symptoms.

Karin - the weekend (as described above) was fun - but also tiring. My shipment was sent to my P.O box but I haven't had a chance to drive over and pick it up. I will hopefully do so by the end of the week; Wednesday is my last day at work until the New Year and I am trying to wrap everything up before I go. Looking for your first home is so exciting! What sort of features are you looking for? What style? Have you been looking for long?

Hi to Tammy, Julie and August.

Have a nice evening everyone.

Yve

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.