Trying To Fit Yoga In for Friday Sept 7

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies-

Well I tried to get up at 2:00 am today to prepare for my new job....but I didn't get up till about 3:15. Yikes...I better try getting up early this weekend so I can get used to this schedule again.

I did my Jillian Frontside Circuit this morning. Used the black and blue bands together for chest flies and crossovers. Not sure if it was heavy enough or not. I'll have to get my extreme band and try that combined with another one before I decide. Used ankle weights and DB's on part of the ab work until my abs got too fatigued. Did Cathe's LIC stretch at the end. Workout was 67" and I burned 440 calories.

Have great workouts everyone. I'm getting ready to clean the house.

Jen - I did a search online last night for dermatology terminology and I was trying to brush up on it.....as it's been years since I've done transcription. I started to get a bit nervous and wasn't sure if I was helping or making the situation worse! The place I'm going to work for is a Derm practice and Skin Cancer Center and I'm typing in the Lab...so I'm thinking the terminology will be pretty job specific.... don't you think so? Do you think I should just wait until Monday to learn or continue to search online? I'm not sure what would be better. Is Lenny still doing okay?

Kel - how's the poison ivy?

Speaking of pets, my babies are gonna miss me on Monday.....but the feeling is mutual! It will be the toughest on Brooklyn, as she's always had a "stay at home Mommy".

Have a great day ladies.

Hi ladies! Checking in at lunch! My car wouldn't start this morning...battery was dead. DH took my car to work and let me take his truck so I could get to work on time. :) He's so good about that stuff. :) Once again, Lenny had a good night and so did I!

Lora-That is so exciting about your job. I really, really love transcription. Yes, I think you are right, the terms will be very specific but I think you will pick them up in no time. Once you do a couple of reports, you will have those words down. Forgot to mention in my excitement for you last night that that was a great story about the phone call, your DH's reaction, etc. Very touching! You needed a really great moment like that and you certainly deserved it! :) I am really happy for you! :)

Kel-What is on tap for your ever-busy weekend? Hope you get to peek in at lunch or later on. Will you be around this weekend?

BBL!

[font color=darkkhaki size=+2]*Jen*[/font]

[font color=darkorange size=+3]Atlanta Cathe Fan[/font]

Good afternoon!

Had quite a busy morning so I'm just getting around to posting here today. This morning, I did sort of a crazy workout but I really enjoyed it. Before I describe it, let me ask you what in the heck was I thinking when I did the blast only premix on LM, followed by PLB on Wednesday morning?!?:eek: By the time I left work y-day, I literally could barely walk!!!:eek: Oh the DOMS!!! I even had co-workers asking me what was wrong.:p So since my legs were still sore but I hadn't worked my upper body or abs in a couple of days, I made up this crazy workout. I started with the SJP warm-up & I intended to go right into the hi/lo only premix but I felt the need for a longer warm-up so I switched DVDs & did the C&W warm-up, followed by upper body heavy weights, abs, & stretch. Then, I put SJP back in & did the hi/lo only premix, followed by the abs & stretch. All in all, it was quite an enjoyable workout & I felt good about working my upper body & abs again, along with getting more cardio in... but my legs are still sore, especially in the quads. Guess that's what I get for taking 2 weeks off & then jumping right back in where I left off, huh?}( Hopefully, next week will be better... & hopefully, I'll be able to fit in some yoga again finally!

Lora - 2:00 a.m.?!?:eek: What time do you go to bed in order to get up that early? Do you do it primarily to get your workout in? I know you like to work out for a lot longer than me but I get up at 5:20 & I think that's early! I usually fit in about an hour, sometimes a little more, for my workout. I can't seem to get in bed before 10 so that's about the best I can do. Otherwise, I'd have to sacrifice sleep & I don't get enough as it is. But my exercise is just too important to me so I'll sacrifice a little sleep in order to fit in the workouts I want to do. Anyway, good luck adjusting your schedule over the weekend & good luck with your job. How exciting! I know your babies will miss you but just think of how excited they'll be to see you when you get home.:) Oh yeah... my poison ivy has finally taken a real turn for the better. I think it will be totally gone in just a couple more days. Thanks for asking!

Jen - So sorry to hear about your car battery this morning but I'm glad you & your DH worked it out so you could get to work on time. I'm also very glad to hear that Lenny had another good night too!:D Tomorrow, my DH & I plan to work for most of the day. But we've actually taken the last several weekends off (for the most part) so it's time to get back to the grind. Not sure exactly what he has on tap for us but it will be some form of construction. We're in the middle of remodeling a house from a 4 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath, into a 3 bedroom, 2 full bath, with a master suite & a nice laundry room. Right now, we're to the point of finishing the walls & ceilings. Then, we'll need to put in the flooring, paint, finish the kitchen, & do a punch list. We still have a bit of a way to go but at least we can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. Not sure if I'll get a chance to check in over the weekend or not. I always want to but sometimes we're just too busy. I always think of you guys, though!:)

I met my DH for lunch at a local Thai place & absolutely stuffed myself! I had Tom Yum soup, followed by bean curd (tofu with veggies in a spicy black bean sauce served with brown rice) - YUM!:9 Even after I realized I was starting to get full, I just couldn't stop eating. Oh well, at least it was sort of healthy anyway.

Well, I better get back to work for now. Hope everyone has a great Friday afternoon & I'll try to check back in later if I can...

Take care!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.