Trying to Fit Yoga In for Friday Nov 24

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Amy Bento's All Pump Xtreme "Quick Upper Body" Premix followed by Butts & Gutts Floor Work and stretch. I didn't have time to do a full ab segment but I wanted to do something for the abs so I did 3 sets of Jacknives off the edge of the step with an 8 pound weight. My HR monitor's batteries went dead so I have no idea what kind of calories I burned. I don't like when it's not working. I hope I have some DOMS tomorrow. I liked the upper body Amy Bento. We used a combination of tubing, plate loaded bar and dumbbells. We also did bicep curls with the band attached for added resistance and shoulder raises with the tubing holding 3 pound dumbbells. My shoulders actually couldn't handle that move and I dropped the hand weights and just used the tubing. We also did T-Bar rows with both hands and then one hand at a time.

I didn't have any time for yoga....and I'm not really sure how much time I'll have this weekend since my DH likes to do the Christmas shopping over this weekend - traditionally.

Have great workouts and I'll try to check in from work later.

August - I did not get any PM in my box. Maybe you should try sending it again.

Hiya,

Eek, for a second, I thought you dropped the weights on yourself! Glad to hear you mean that you switched weights to tubing.

How weird about my PM. Where did it go? I'll try it again right now. Thank you.

Hi everyone! I am feeling pretty guilt-free today :) and my tummy feels fine :), so all things considered I feel good about surviving the holiday....next stop, Christmas feast! I'll BBL after tonight's WO.

Have a great day!

Jen

Ahhh, I just finished Rainbeau's Pure Sweat. Lora, thank you for suggesting this series! It's extra nice because it's short enough to do on whim, and I do like Rainbeau and what she says.

I also did a little plow on my own, as well as a little stretch for my splits challenge. :)

I'm going to have a good sleep tonight!

Sorry for the late post. Kidnapped by aliens (again)! Actually kidnapped by DH and taken to Wendy's for dinner. x( Would rather have been kidnapped by aliens! Ate the chicken strips & fries and feel pretty gross right now. x( I am sure I could have made a healthier choice, but who in their right mind orders a salad at the Wendy's drive thru at 11 PM. That's a craving satisfying hour! All those guilt feelings I didn't have earlier are in full force now. Tonight's workout was Low Impact Circuit Step Combos & Blasts Timesaver. I had to repeat segment 2 cause I had choreography issues. Did GS Triceps once through matching Cathe's weight and repeating the triceps dips another 2 times after finishing the workout-one set with 3 lbs on my lap and one set with 5 lbs on my lap. I have really enjoyed the GS rotation-almost finished, just GS legs floorwork tomorrow.

Megadoo- 1 hour and 45 minutes-you go girl! Did you see my post from yesterday regarding IMAX 3? Let me know if you don't see it-I'll copy it over.

Lora-Christmas shopping workout this weekend! At least you've got DH's company or he has yours!

August-I will be doing Pure Sweat sometime in the coming week. I have no idea on the Steve Ross DVD if he'll be using the same original artist music on his new DVD. On the subject of said DVD is where he becomes my un-Grand Master Flash Guru. He has had a few false starts and should definately have had something out by now considering it's been in discussions for about 4 years now. I am sure he is just teaching his loyal followers a yogic lesson in patience. I hope the act of patience burns calories because it is the only workout his fans are getting right now! I guess the only way I am getting a workout from him is to fidget through all the patience!

Jen

>Gotta hit the shower, desperately!!

LMAO!

>I had to repeat segment 2 cause I had choreography issues.

LMAO!

Man, I have not been to Wendy's in...I have no idea. There's a Wendy's near my train station and it is ALWAYS packed!

Tell me what you think of Pure Sweat. It's a fairly basic, nice flow yoga, and since it's short, it's easy to do on a tired day, or little add-on. Most of it is easy and relaxing (not much sweat), but there is a certain move where you put your leg out in a direction that I'm not used to, so that's where most of my sweat came. :)

What a bummer about Steve Ross not being able to release a DVD yet. It must be so frustrating for all involved!

Oh, thanks! I did have a great sleep!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.