Trying to Fit Yoga In for Friday Nov 17

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did warm up and upper body from Body Max 2 followed by Bonus Leg Work, Firewalkers & Floor Work/Ankle Weight work from Butts & Gutts and then the stretch from Body Max 2. I burned 330 calories. My lower body feels worked, but not so much my upper body.

I wasn't able to fit any yoga in last night either....so I'm looking forward to the weekend.

August - That's great that you got your Rainbeau Mars Sacred series. I'm nervous now! I hope you like her and the DVDs. Let me know. I'm anxious to hear what you think. When you said you wore "Smut".....I was thinking you bought some BPAL Smut (perfume oil from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab - the oils that I buy). Last year she made a Limited Edition scent for Valentine's Day called Smut and it's one of my favorites. I actually was wearing it yesterday. That's funny.

Jen - No, I haven't tried Rare Minerals yet. I don't have the money ....I think I'll wait a while to try them and see if the price goes down (fingers crossed). Yes, the Warmth is fine for people with fair/light skin. My skin is pretty fair (as you can see from my picture). It looks fine on me. The key is finding out the exact correct amount you need. It's actually very flattering. I wear more in the Summer and less in the Winter. I've had co-workers think I actually went out in the sun and got some sun on my face (which I would NEVER do).

Also - as far as diet - I don't really diet per se. I'm a vegetarian and get my protein from low fat cheese, whole wheat, beans. I eat lots of salads!! I eat lots of green beans and other vegetables. For snacks, I eat fruit, almonds or other nuts, wheat pretzels, etc. I do not eat any fried foods whatsoever and have not done so in about 4 years. I try to keep my pasta/bread to a minimum and when I have it, I eat whole wheat. I do eat a bit too many carbs since I'm a vegetarian and hate meat, fish or chicken.....and I have a wicked sweet tooth and usually eat a small amount of candy during the week. I have been known to go on a chocolate binge from time to time, but right now I seem to have that under control with eating 4 caramel kisses on Saturday and 4 on Sunday :7.

Must go finish getting ready for work............yay!! It's FRIDAY.

Happy Friday everyone! :7 Today we are having our Thanksgiving Feast at work---yum! :9 I need to have a plan of how I am going to work all that food off later-I will be fighting off the food coma all afternoon I am sure.

Hope you have a good day and good workouts!

BBL

Jen

Lora how do you fit so much exercise in every day? You are amazing! I did the first 35 minutes of KPC yesterday (everything but the three blast combos) then the 30 minute Power Yoga for Happiness routine (my new favorite). Just felt I needed a bit more yoga, a bit less cardio.

Had a work function last eve and oh my had the most amazing sea bass!! Must go buy and make at home. But alas had a bit too much of the most excellent Italian Chardonney so trying to recover enough to go for a 4 mile run on this unusual 60 degree day. 2 glasses - I am such a light weight! Will also get some yoga in tonight.

Will need the calm I get from yoga to figure out how to program my new fancy cell phone this weekend.

GH: caught the last 30 minutes. I am so over the Rick getting revenge thing already! Luke & Laura, how long can it last?

Bare Minerals: I love this stuff, and luckily have a Sephora near me that carries all their products. Not sure what is different about Rare Minerals?

Have a great day everyone!

Julie

Hi all! I did LowMax step combos only and GS Legs floorwork. I have had a nice soreness in the triceps all day. :) That's one of those fat pinching places, so I hope my measurements continue to go down next month! I survived the company Thanksgiving meal..and without feeling sluggish in the afternoon. We finally saw the sun today-thank goodness!

Julie-Sounds like you had a wonderful meal! I love Sea Bass-it's one of my favorite seafood dishes, but I don't cook it at home much. I think mostly because it's pretty expensive. I also am a lightweight when it comes to drinks, too-I usually only drink on special occasions and even then it's a glass or two of wine. If you end up trying the Sea Bass at home and come up with a good recipe-please share! Good luck programming your new cell phone-it's always fun to get new toys. If you can't figure it out, just have another glass of wine! :) BTW, the Rare Minerals is the Bare Minerals Night Treatment they came out with-it's a powder, yet it's supposed to moisturize your skin. That defies logic to me, but it has gotten rave reviews in some of the magazines I have read recently. Sephora.com has it, if you want to shell out the $60.00!

Lora-How are your traps now? Did you get any advice? I know what you mean about the price of the Rare Minerals! I hope the price comes down, too-I am not in the market for it either right now. Wow, that's neat that you are vegetarian. I tried it for about a year with a friend of mine. We did very well with it, then all of a sudden I just had to have some meat-I did not keep up my protein intake appropriately-and ended up eating hamburgers for about 2 weeks straight! x( (She did the same thing.) That is something I would like to accomplish in this lifetime. I am still not ready for it, but admire those that can do it. I just say a prayer over my meal now and try to at least be aware and mindful of what I am eating. The Yoga Journal had a great article about eating meat a few months ago-it did not take sides and presented it all very well. It made me feel better about my choice for now.

August-Up and working at 2 a.m. Good Gosh! Before I *met* you guys and found the forum, I went to bed at 8:30 every night. My husband is quite a bit older than me, so he was in bed by then, too! He would try to stay up later sometimes, not wanting the weekend to end. Now, I try to get him to stay up while I finish checking in with you guys! I know what you mean about all the calorie counting. I was logging all my fitness and nutrition information on fitday.com and it was giving me all these fancy graphs and charts and I still weighed the same! x( So, why bother with all that stuff!?! So now that you have even more workouts what are you going to do? Sounds like it's all yoga, too-how are you going to work it all out? Are you going to try to switch to mostly yoga at this point or just do part of a workout each day? Can't wait to hear your reviews!

Lora & August-thanks for the diet/snack info..Keep it coming, especially if you discover something new! (I am sure we all have our eating down to a routine to a certain degree and there may be nothing new to report on this every day.)

Hi to Megadoo & Yve if you check in later!

Jen

Hello ladies,

I know I haven't checked in for a few days. I have had the most incredibly busy week at work - Very stressful - long days - On Wed night I got home from the office at 8:30 - and continued to work till 2:00am.

Then last night I finished up my busy season - but had to go to a fundraiser after work. It was actually quite nice - lovely dinner - and they also auctioned of some neat things. We had butternut squash soup - and filet mignon and tiger prawn for the main course - Dessert was creme brulee and chocolate truffle cake; But given that the function was held at a posh downtown hotel - the size of each course was equivalent to a baby portion and hence can be labelled gourmet - I must confess - I also had some wine throughout the evening - and bc of how tired I was - I mellowed out quite quickly.

But having said all that - I need to confess to one more thing - I havent worked out in 2 days.

Tomorrow morning I will go to my ashtanga class at 9:00am - I am so looking forward to it.

I recently purchased the Bare Escentuals makeup starter kit. Is this the same as Bare Minerals?

Lora - that is one awesome workout. My legs are sore just thinking about it!

Julie - I have made sea bass on the bbq. It is such a mild fish that it doesn't need too much prep. I just rub a bit of olive oil on it - add some salt and pepper. Then I put it in foil. - and on the grill. When it is cooked and I remove the foil - I squeeze some fresh lemon on it - sometimes I mix the juice with olive oil and oregano - or even a bit of garlic if you like.

Jen - I too admire the discipline involved in being vegetarian. I have tried in the past - but couldn't keep it up. What I find is that it makes me really sleepy - or I get so hungry and end up eating too much bread - I end up gaining weight if I go to a vegetarian diet.

Hi to August and Megadoo if you check in later.

Have a nice evening ladies.
Yve

Lora - I'm going to try out my Rainbeau Tranquility tonight. I'm looking forward to it!

Jen - Glad to hear that Thanksgiving Feast went well. It was like a pot-luck? Your vegetarian story was funny. How weird that you could do it for a year and then suddenly feel the need to eat 2-weeks worth of meat! You'd think that craving would come earlier on! Is that Yoga Journal article on their home page or did you see it in their magazine?

Yeah, I've bought soooo many DVDs this year. It just happens that right now I'm on my yoga wave. But I figure if I'm going to spend all my money, it may as well be on something that is so good for me. How could that ever be a waste of money, right? My plan with yoga is to use it as an evening wind-down session, assuming that the yoga workout isn't too vigorous. I guess once I've tried them and know which one is what, I'll be able to use the more vigorous ones for my morning workout when I don't want to lift or do cardio. But I love having all this choice! Right now I'm doing a TLT/Cathe/Christi rotation, and never know what's coming next, and I've really been enjoying that. So ultimately, I hope to do my "regular" workout of either lifting or cardio in the mornings, and then do a short/medium yoga practice in the evening. If all goes well, anyway.?;)

Julie - I love fish and eat it probably five times a week, at least. I love to wrap it in foil and grill it up so that there's no mess. Yum.

Yve - I've been hearing so much about butternut squash. Ooh, I love it when two desserts are served like that.

You guys... I've received ONE Ravi and Ana! I wrote to them as Lora suggested, and after some emails with trying to somehow make a box set, and some things about international rates and whatnot, they very graciously told me they would give me one DVD for ordering all the other ones at the Amazon price (plus shipping). So my Amazon Ravi and Anas are still faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away, but the one they directly sent me (Navel Power) arrived!

And so even though today was supposed to be Christi, I did the whole DVD of Navel Power. For the most part, I liked it a lot. But generally speaking, I'm guessing it's not the one to start out with since I don't know much about Breath of Fire and the whole fundamentals of Kundalini, and I know they describe Breath more in detail in Beginners and I think one other one, too. I really loved the warm up and the way the rest of the workout flowed, and so much was so new to me, in a good way. Since it was my first time though, there were things I wasn't sure about, that I didn't feel much, and wondered if I was doing something incorrectly. I like Ana and Ravi very much, and I still can't wait to get the other ones!

Hey, one question. I tried for the first time ever, the Wheel. I was able to hold that position for about ten seconds (although I had a really hard time doing Breath of Fire through it), but could hold the position if I put the top of my head on the floor. Actually, I may have been able to hold it longer if I had been on a sticky mat,...Anyway, the modified version that they show is just knees bent, shoulders on the floor and hips up, but do you think it's safe to modify by doing a slightly broken wheel? LOL. It's a wheel with my head on the ground...or is that bad for the neck?

I did my Breath of Fire as much as I could, sometimes using Lamaze breathing through my nose LOL. Any words of advice on what to focus on???

Ah! I just found an explanation about Breath of Fire over at FV. I see...you don't need to breathe in...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.