Trying to Fit Yoga In for Friday Feb 1

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

Didn't want to get up this morning! The bed was so comfie! However, this has been a daily complaint lately! LOL

This morning I did Patrick Goudeau's Hard Work Conditioning. Workout was 67" and I burned 497 calories. This has some fun and unique moves in it. Straddle jacks in pushup position off the step. Squat thrusts with weights, standing and lying ab work with weight and a lot of balancing on one leg while doing a weight movement. It also has a move called the Turkish Get Up which is a very functional movement.

I'd recommend Patrick's circuit workouts to anyone who does Cathe...as I think his different movements would compliment Cathe's more traditional weight work and serve a functional purpose in your workouts.

I can't believe it.....but yesterdays kickbox made my upper back and lats sore. I used my Amped bar and punched hard. Must do this more often! I REALLY felt it when I worked lats today.

Have a great day everyone. Weather is bad here this morning. We are having an ice storm. The ride to work will not be fun. So glad it's Friday!!!!!

Jill - Thanks for the advice on rest days. I get so nervous about taking them cuz I don't feel like cutting my calories for the day just to take one. I love my food! The other problem I have is justifying them in my head. I know a lot of times when I work out...I come away from the session saying "I should have lifted a bit heavier...I didn't push hard enough"....and the same goes for cardio. If I do intervals...I always think -- should have hit higher HR zones on the intervals ... must push harder and so on and so forth. Therefore, when it comes time to take a rest day, I don't think I deserve or need it cuz I haven't pushed myself as hard as I should have. I don't know if this kind of personality means I should be taking one or if I'm really not pushing hard enough and don't really need one because of that.......so therefore, I opt for more of an active recovery day. I also tend to get lazy about exercise when taking a day off and the next day, I don't want to work out......so it keeps me in the habit if I just do an easier workout. Because of my cervical spine injury, I have to be careful when I lift weights to use proper form and modify some moves, as I'm not allowed to hoist weights over my head. Another reason I don't feel I workout hard enough. Those are some of the things that make it hard for me to take a rest day. Sorry for the long explanation........but I figured I'd explain why it's so hard for me to rest.

Well, today is the final day of my Classic rotation. I can't believe I actually stuck with it. I am taking my 'after' pics and putting up a blog page this weekend. I will post it here if any one is interested. Today is yoga. yes!

Lora-you are being waayy to hard on yourself?!Come one, anyone who is as dedicated as yourself, should not be saying those things to yourself. I am just glad I got the workout done, burned some cals. There will be times when you just won't be at your best, but you are still working out. It is hard to take rest days, but maybe just take a yoga day. The only reason I am saying this is all the p90x rotations and weeks, make such a big deal about rest and setting aside days for just yoga and stretch.

Good morning! Well, I slept in this morning. DD woke up in the middle of the night with a bad dream and I have been simply exhausted the last few days...just soooo tired! So I'll aim to work out this afternoon.

Lora, I can see where you're coming from now. It still may be a good idea to take a full rest day every once in a while but the rest of the time, I agree with Carrie that doing something like yoga would be good for your active rest day. I also never cut my calories on my rest day and it has never seemed to hinder anything.

Carrie and Lora, what do you think of P90X? I got it several months back but did not feel like I was 'ready' for it due to my serious slacking off during the last few months. I have never stuck to a rotation that long but I would really like some good results. I'm going to Florida for vacation in June. I'm at a decent weight, but need to lose some fat and gain some muscle. I was looking at doing the lean rotation.

Well, I have to head to school. I'm so glad it's Friday as it's been a long week for me (even though I didn't go to school on Monday because DD was sick). Have a good day and I'll talk to you all later.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.