Trying to Fit Yoga in for Fri June 8

lorajc

Cathlete
I ended up doing Gym Style Legs (matched Cathe's weight) and then did 20 minutes of Cardio Interval from Denise Austin's Bootcamp followed by 10 Min Solutions - Burn Belly Fat - Pilates with my magic circle. Workout (without abs added in) was 1 hour 30 minutes and I burned 430 calories. I also did Fat Free Yoga - Yoga Cleanse - Lighten Up & Purify - Love Your Liver segment and W/U which was 30". (thought it would be good to do this being I'm on all of this stupid medication).

Yoga Cleanse is a very enlightning DVD. He explains a lot of little things I never knew. One of interest is that your liver is the only organ that can regenerate itself and also the only organ that gets food to your brain. If your liver is stressed, you can't think clearly (geez.....my constant problem) cuz it breaks down glycogen to from your food to "feed" your brain with. We do a lot of different breathing techniques. Breathing powerful thru puckered lips, breath of fire over a curled tongue to detox the liver (you get a bitter or metallic taste on your tongue). You can also get slight dizziness when your liver is getting the toxins out. He also explains that even if you eat a "great" diet, your liver still needs detoxed just from breathing in the air! I'm really starting to like this DVD more and more, even though it is so different.

Off to eat my oatmeal and then do my neck stretches and run errarnds. Probably going down the other house today to work again. Be back later.

Jen - sorry you are so busy again with work, etc. I certainly am not looking forward to all of that.........it's gonna be a real shocker into reality for me and I'm warning everyone now.......I'm not gonna be pleasant when I go back to work! Wish I could retire!! LOL. I love the long workouts and freedom!!

Kel - I was just checking out DVDs at Deep Discount. They have Shiva Rea's Fluid Power DVD for $13. That's a steal....as I paid $29.99 for it when it first came out. I didn't look for much else over there, as I'm broke....but maybe you could look for the DVDs you wanted over there.

Hi ladies! Hope you had a great weekend! Saturday's WO was Get Ripped Shoulders segment 3X through pyramid down sets 10/8/5 for laterals and 8/5/3 for front raises. I finished with the abs segment then added on Timesaver # 4 (I think) which was KPC WU and 2 cardio segments plus more shoulder work. I thought my shoulders would be sore after all that! (They weren't.) Oh Well! Probably still made good progress. Sunday's WO was Slim & Lean Triceps three 3X through pyramid down sets 15/12/10 on overhead extensions plus 3 sets of 24 triceps dips. I did the abs segment using weighted genie balls. I followed that with IMAX 2 step only segments, all 10 segments plus the first three again.

My weigh in on Friday went pretty well. I lost 1.5 pounds over the past month. The loss consisted of .25 lean muscle mass :( and 1.25 pounds fat :). That is a good result, but of course, I can't seem to get any lower than 160 and it is still bothering me. I am thinking about doing a week or two of just cardio (maybe a circuit or two at the most) to see how that affects my weight and lean muscle mass. I am just curious about adding more cardio in and whether or not that will cause significant of a muscle mass loss. Everyone's body is so different. I am still trying to figure out what is really going to work for mine.

Lora-Interesting info on the liver. Did you notice any changes? How is your mom doing? You are so busy these days-how are you going to fit in work? :) That is really interesting about the house flipping that you and your DH do. I have wanted to do that but there's no way we could come up with the initial investment to do the first house. I think it would be so neat to go in there and clean the house up to look like a home again. I can only imagine if the people are getting evicted what kind of condition some of those houses are in. Your most recent flip sounds really cool!

Kel-Hope you are enjoying your weekend! Can't wait to catch up on Monday!

Have a great night ladies!

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.