Trying to Fit Yoga In for Fri June 22

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Jillian's Frontside Circuit for Beginners (but she gives advanced tips also). I really upped the weights on this today since it was my 2nd time thru and had a great workout. Circuit was about 52" and then I added on some new Firm - Cardio Overdrive for a bit. Total workout was 1 hour 25 minutes and I burned 550 calories. I then did Lotte Berk - Muscle Eats Fat - Bonus Blast (legs) and Yoga for Stress Release 30".

This yoga session was more of a restorative session. The DVD has two sessions on it, stress release and stress prevention. I should have done the other one...as I only do restorative once in a while and usually at night.

I'm really liking these circuits. It's a great way to lift heavy - get a good muscle soreness and burn calories. I'm thinking I should do these all of the time, but I know you have to change things up periodically. I'm still sore from the Backside workout the other day.

The new Firm's look pretty good. I previewed them last night and I enjoyed the small portion I did today. The cardio is mixed impact and has some kickboxing moves thrown in. The music is half decent and the set is clean and airy. I'm very inspired by the new Firm Trainer that leads the weighted workout. I'll be trying that one first - High Definition Sculpt.

Jen - my DH wants me to get a job in my field, but one where the pay/benefits are better. This place I was working hired people with no medical experience. I also heard from my Mom's physical therapist yesterday (who has worked for the place on a per diem basis) that the place is a joke. She said "you don't want to work there". She actually also knew the office manager I spoke of and shook her head. She also informed me that a Chiropractor that worked there recently raped a patient! and he it was a big thing in the news recently. The interesting thing is that I had prayed all morning for God to give me a sign that the job just wasn't meant to be cuz I was feeling so guilty and then this all happened at lunch. My Mom just sort of blurted out that I had gotten fired from the place and then we started talking. Furthermore, her therapist (who comes from a family of psychologists, counselors, etc.) noticed that my Mom and I are both perfectionists and she asked me the sort of things that transpired at this office and she totally understood where I was coming from and said I would find something better because I'm a more valuable employee. I guess I needed to hear all that, but yet I still doubt myself and the situation. This is really rough going thru all of this! I have been exhausted from all of the mental drain.
enough of my blabbing................hope all is well with you. take
care

Kel - what's up??

Have a great day ladies.

Hi ladies! Today was my weigh-in. Up two pounds x( but it is all lean muscle mass :). Sooooo, I guess I will continue this circuit rotation next week. My butt and thighs looked leaner this week. If I end up going down a pants size, I am not going to worry what the scale says anymore. It's just not going to reflect the way I look & feel.

Lora-What are the new Firms you received? How many did they put out?

Jen

Good afternoon ladies!

I'm sorry I've been MIA but I have been crazy busy for a few days so I just haven't had much time for fun. Looks like we're going to be really busy for the next several days too but maybe things will settle down by the middle of next week (I hope!).

I've had good workouts all week & I feel really good about that. Let's see... Wednesday, I did PLB (I don't match Cathe in weights on this workout because I tend to bulk in my lower body but I still ended up with DOMS from it), yesterday, I did the 50 minute KickMax bootcamp challenge premix, & today, I did Kelly Coffey's Shape of Things to Come & added a few reps of heavier weights here & there. This weekend, we'll be working - a lot - so I guess that can count as even more exercise.

Lora - I noticed what happened with that job & I'm really sorry about that. I wish you good luck with your job search & hope you find something soon. Please continue to keep us updated. So, does Jillian have new DVDs? If so, is that what you're doing? I have some of her old ones (a set of 4) but I never do them. I should probably pull them out & try them again. I've also been afraid to try the new Firms because I haven't really liked any of the newer ones. Please keep us updated about those too. The advice you gave me about Kelly Coffey was great. I love that DVD & do it at least every couple of weeks. So if you find something else you really like, I might want to give it a try too.

Jen - Good job building more lean muscle mass! After all, that's what it's all about, right? I'm glad this rotation is going so well for you... keep up the great work! I have a doctor's appointment next Tuesday, so I'm thinking of switching things up so I can do a longer workout that day. I think I'm going to focus more on cardio for a week & see how it goes. So I'll be doing cardio on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday... & I'll do a really long circuit workout on Tuesday since I'll have the time... & a good total body weights workout, like ME, on Thursday. Then, I plan to get back to a routine more like what your doing the following week.

Well, I think I've checked in on everything around here for now. So I guess I'll get back for work for a bit & pop back in later. In case I don't hear back from you this afternoon, I'll go ahead & wish you both a great weekend.

Take care!

I just got done scrubbing carpets. Busy day.

I got the new Firms Deluxe Kit. It comes with a set of pink dumbbells that are adjustable with chrome plates up to 16 pounds total or 8 pounds each. The DVDs are High Definition Sculpt with a new instructor (with a FREAKIN' amazingly ripped body - my new idol) which is an all sculpting DVD, Cardio Fusion which is weights and cardio, Cardio Overdrive which is weights and cardio - probably more emphasis on cardio and Cardio Party ...led by several instructors (some of which I don't like) and is straight cardio. Then you get a 30" Killer Legs & Buns DVD and a 30" Core DVD that has 3 - 10" ab segments on it.

I previewed all of them last night and they look good, but I probably won't get around to actually doing them for a while, as I'm doing this Jillian rotation.

I'm doing the Frontside & Backside for Beginners DVDs by Jillian, but I'm modifying up to make them advanced (which is simple). They are 55" to 65" each and have no w/u or c/d - so if you add you're own w/u & c/d - they are really good workouts. I've been lifting heavy (cuz it's only 10 reps per exercise). You repeat each circuit 3 times and then move onto the next. There is a cardio move in each circuit and 2 exercises. The only thing it is weak on is ab work, but I've been adding a 12 pound DB to my ab work. I will add some of my own on also. You can check out clips on Collage. They got voted "Best Back to Basics" DVD in Fitness magazine a while back (which is what brought my attention to them). You can get the set at Amazon for relatively cheap.

I also just got the The Hollywood Trainer Weightloss Plan -21 day program by Jeanette Jenkins (loved her in her first set). The book comes with a DVD. The DVD has 2 Circuit workouts on it, A & B. One works Back Biceps and butt and one works chest triceps, etc. They are about 50" each. Then there is a Core workout 30" on the DVD and a stretch workout 50". I got it for $13 on Amazon. It looks good. I'm going to do Jillian's circuits a couple weeks then Jeanette's.

I'll keep you ladies posted on the Firm. Oh and the Jillian Beginner DVDs have no music on them, so I play my own music and I really like it.

We're meeting with the Realtor in the morning to put the house on the market. The painting is almost finished. It looks good.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.