Trying To Fit Yoga In for Fri Jan 11

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Core Synergestics. Workout was 63" and I burned 438 calories. I wanted to add on to this, but I overslept and was running late. I probably should have worn my ankle weights for the ab work and used DB's. Not sure I'll feel this tomorrow.

Thanks for the comments about work. My pain is about the same and I fell asleep last night before I could lie on my foam roller. I had laid it out and was going to .....but I ended up falling asleep instead. Then I didn't want to get up this morning.

I just read the thread from yesterday, but now I can't remember if I had to answer any questions and I've got to go get ready for work.....so if I missed anyone's questions, please forgive me.

I'm a bit nervous about work today, as we have a super full schedule and I'm still not very quick at the front desk. New jobs are nervewracking!

Have a great day everyone.

Yve - is your belly really big are have you remained pretty small thru your pregnancy so far? When's your due date? So you like Shiva's Prenatal Yoga? What sort of poses do you have to avoid?

Hi to everyone else..........I must go get ready now.

Good morning everyone -

This morning, I did a wonderful yoga practice that I created using the yoga matrix on Yoga Shakti. It was about an hour long & it left me feeling very relaxed, stretched out, & much more balanced. Aaaah!

Lora - I hopes things improve for you at work & I hope you have a good day today.

Jill - Oh my goodness... it sounds like you got in quite a workout yesterday, in spite of not really being able to work out. The company I work for has a geology department & labratory so they work with soil samples as well as the fired brick. Sounds like an interesting field to be in. Thanks for the information about yoga with your DD. Sounds like my friend's DD may still be a little too young to appreciate it.

Yve - Hope you're feeling good today & get a chance to chat.

Carrie - Looking forward to hearing what kind of workout you do today. Hope you have a good one & find time to post later.

Jen - It's been awhile since I've seen you post. I hope you're doing okay & feeling better.

So how does everyone here feel about that new STS series? I'm very torn at this point. I was so excited about it & really thought I wanted it but now that I've heard more about it, I'm not so sure. So I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone else thinks.

Well, I better go for now. Hope everyone has a great Friday & I'll be sure to peek back in later to see what else is going on. Take care!

Good morning ladies,

No workout for me today - I want to get my housework done and go out and get groceries etc - so that I have the weekend to do with what I like. DH is having a poker night tonight with the boys - and so I will be going out with the girls. It has been a while before we have done anything like that!

Lora - I hope everything goes well today at work. Who is the instructor of Core Synergestics? It rings a bell - but I can't remember? My belly isn't so big yet; I am definately showing - but it is more like a volleyball than a watermelon - I have gained a fair bit of weight though - close to 30 lbs (yuck) but I think I have gotten a bit wider also. I cannot do anything where I may lean on my belly. So - no cobra, upward dog, chutterunga....all these have to be modified to childs pose. You really aren't supposed to lie on your back either - but I do.

Kel - How nice that you had a lovely yoga practice this morning. I love Yoga Shakti. Shiva Rea always gives the full yoga experience - she is so grounded.

Jill - You had one heck of a workout yesteray. Very labour intensive. Your work sounds very interesting. Are you a survey science grad?

Carrie - That is amazing that you lost all your weight and more after having your little guy. You look amazing. It is actually very encouraging to hear. Every time I get on a scale I worry about how things will look after - so your words were very motivating.

Jen - How are you feeling? How is DH? I hope that you are both recovering well from your flu.

Have a nice day ladies.
Yve

Hi yoga gals--

Ok, who is glad it's Friday? Um, duh, right? Who isn't?

Today's workout was Legs/Back from p90x. Need to do abs, just don't know if it will be today. Hate doing abs.

Lora-I hope you day goes by ok! Do you like Core Synergistics? That is one of my least favs. What rotation did you decide on?

Kel-Yoga Shakti is on my list of dvds to get. Would you classify her style as ashtanga? Or more hatha? I have looked at previews, but don't really 'get' her style?

Yve-I know you will definately be able to lose the weight, no problem! Just try and not get stressed about it now that you are preggo, I mean what can you do? It sucks to gain weight and see the scale climb. I really just let myself eat whatever I wanted. I did't gorge myself, or deny, just ate what I craved untill I was full. Are you planning on breastfeeding? I will say that helped me get a jump start on the loss.

Ok, everyone have a great Friday, and start to their weekends!
Carrie

Carrie, I'm totally glad it's friday! I am going to sleep in tomorrow! (that will probably mean only sleeping in till 7:30, maybe 8, but I'll take what I can get ;-))

Kel, if your friend wants to get her daughter interested in yoga, at her age I'd suggest Babar's Yoga for Elephants book that has the poster. She will see Babar doing some poses and I think that even though she might not have the attention span to actually do the yoga, she will start to view it favorably and will enjoy occasionally doing the poses that Babar does.

Lora, how did your day go today? How long have you been at this job now? (have I already asked you that? if so, sorry)

Yve, I'm majoring in environmental earth science and have a minor in geology. I will be doing my internship at a local environmental learning center starting next Tuesday. While I was talking to the director about what I'd be doing (working with soils while I'm there, among other things) he told me that a PhD student at a college in another town nearby had just taken a bunch of soil samples for study and that I might be able to get in on the lab work. What a blessing this is, for me to get this kind of lab experience! It will also look great on the resume.

Well, my daughter bailed on me with the yoga tonight. Instead, she practically fell asleep in the dog kennel with one of our dogs. I did get in a workout this afternoon, though. I did one of the Tae Bo Amped workouts. My core always feels so tight after doing them. I think tomorrow I'm going to do LIS and follow it up with Power Yoga Flexibility. And tomorrow I'm going to order the Rainbeau Mars videos that were suggested as well as an Eion Finn one perhaps. I'll see if my friend is willing to tape a few episodes of Namaste Yoga for me so I can see if I like them enough to buy a season of them.

I'm off to take a nice hot bath now, so have a good night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.